• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isnt this the same as Watergate??

Isnt planting an FBI spy inside the Trump campaign the same as the electronic spying that went on in Watergate??
I fail to see much difference. And I'm not buying the "we put him there to protect Trump" excuse:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/19/cambridge-professor-outed-as-fbi-informant-inside-trump-campaign/

If the US government has information that a serious candidate for the office of President is possibly engaged in a criminal conspiracy with our main foreign adversary, is it not incumbent upon them to take steps to discover if this is a real threat to our nation? To do anything less would be dereliction of duty to protect the nation and its people from foreign enemies and those who would enable them in our own population.

If the US government has information that a serious candidate for the office of President is possibly engaged in a criminal conspiracy with our main foreign adversary, is it not incumbent upon them to take steps to discover if this is a real threat to our nation? To do anything less would be dereliction of duty to protect the nation and its people from foreign enemies and those who would enable them in our own population
Sure, if you believe that nonsense.
My common sense tells me the powers to be consider Trump an outsider, and that FBI spy was planted there to dig up dirt on Trump.

Also, if Nixon had used that excuse during Watergate, would you have believed him??

If the US government has information that a serious candidate for the office of President is possibly engaged in a criminal conspiracy with our main foreign adversary, is it not incumbent upon them to take steps to discover if this is a real threat to our nation? To do anything less would be dereliction of duty to protect the nation and its people from foreign enemies and those who would enable them in our own population.

That is one explanation. The other, that you wont even consider, is that people in positions of government power may have abused it. And since those people are anti-Trump leftists, you dont care and dont want to know.

Sure, if you believe that nonsense.
My common sense tells me the powers to be consider Trump an outsider, and that FBI spy was planted there to dig up dirt on Trump.

Also, if Nixon had used that excuse during Watergate, would you have believed him??

The fallacy in that argument is that the FBI doesn't need to spy on Swampy to dig up dirt on him. :lamo His dirty laundry was all over the tabloids.

That is one explanation. The other, that you wont even consider, is that people in positions of government power may have abused it. And since those people are anti-Trump leftists, you dont care and dont want to know.

Um. Wrong. Most of those people (FBI agents) are Republican Patriots.

Shame on you for trying to excuse a crime by the FBI/DOJ.

This is about to get very ugly.

Democrats

1) covered for Hillary's crimes
2) illegally spied on her opponent, including wiretaps
3) set up a fake scandal and used it to lie to a FISA judge to get a spy warrant
4) attempted to frame the president for the purpose of giving Democrats an impeachment scenario
5) are trying to ruin the president's reputation so impeachment can be accomplished and force his removal or resignation

They have to do this

1) to protect themselves
2) to protect Obama and the Clintons

And under all that, they're mad he won.

It's not going to work. The IG report is coming, the Russian collusion thing has fallen apart, and Mueller was part of the frame job.

And the democrats are counting on a blue wave.:lamo

Present the evidence and I will consider it.

If our government has information that a serious presidential candidate may be conspiring illegally with our main foreign adversary - is it not incumbent upon them to take steps to find out what is going on in that organization?

This is about to get very ugly.

Democrats

1) covered for Hillary's crimes
2) illegally spied on her opponent, including wiretaps
3) set up a fake scandal and used it to lie to a FISA judge to get a spy warrant
4) attempted to frame the president for the purpose of giving Democrats an impeachment scenario
5) are trying to ruin the president's reputation so impeachment can be accomplished and force his removal or resignation

They have to do this

1) to protect themselves
2) to protect Obama and the Clintons

And under all that, they're mad he won.

It's not going to work. The IG report is coming, the Russian collusion thing has fallen apart, and Mueller was part of the frame job.

And the democrats are counting on a blue wave.:lamo

If only they had thought to tell the voters before the election.

All that careful espionage with incredible foresight and a labrynthine plot all spoiled because somebody forgot to tell US.

That the Right has seized upon this bit of absurdity even buying into the language of the absurdity would be funny if it weren't so sad. Expect the usual trump tweets next week castigating Rosenstein for his management of Mueller and then Sessions for having recused himself and expect another five or six tirades from Rudy, none of which either the President or Rudy or anybody else should engage in.

Isnt planting an FBI spy inside the Trump campaign the same as the electronic spying that went on in Watergate??
I fail to see much difference. And I'm not buying the "we put him there to protect Trump" excuse:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/19/cambridge-professor-outed-as-fbi-informant-inside-trump-campaign/

Reminder: the trump campaign was in systematic, secret contact with hostile foreign agents who were in the process of interfering in an American election. Fun fact: if you surreptitiously meet with hostile foreign agents you too may attract the attention of the FBI.

Reminder: the trump campaign was in systematic, secret contact with hostile foreign agents who were in the process of interfering in an American election. Fun fact: if you surreptitiously meet with hostile foreign agents you too may attract the attention of the FBI.

but... but ...... but ..... HILLARY had to be stopped!!!!!!!!!

And your quite appropriate post reminds me, if Putin didn't have Trump he would have invented him and maybe he did. Trump creating more damning terms to describe things that the FBI has been engaged in for years and years as in investigating possible criminal activity is simply a complete victory for Putin whether nitwit Donald does it wittingly or unwittingly. But NOOOOOOO...spying sounds so much more intimidating...so much more invasive and some of you clowns just lap it up like it is golden liquid...it is golden liquid....PISS!

In that case Hillary should be in jail for conspiring with a British MI6 agent when she obtained the Steele dossier:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Russia_dossier

In that case Hillary should be in jail for conspiring with a British MI6 agent when she obtained the Steele dossier:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Russia_dossier

If you want this investigation to come to an end, urge the trump administration to come clean about everything they know. But if they continue to force investigators and investigative journalists to ferret out the truth then this is going to get dragged out for a very long time.

It's much worse than Watergate. Watergate resulted from a bunch of amateurs breaking into the DNC and Nixon trying to protect them afterwards. This is a weaponization of the FBI and/or intelligence services to try to dig up dirt on a political opponent to destroy his campaign and elect your candidate. That effort has continued post-election to try and remove Trump from office once the initial effort failed.

Last I looked, the UK is an ally and Steele is now and was a private UK citizen.

Are the Russians allies? That's where Steele got all his supposed "information". The only proven collusion to date with the Russians is that engaged in by the Democrats.

This is much, much worse. If you allow this to continue, it will be come normal. And for you democrats out there, let's not forget who is in charge. If it's OK for the Obama administration, then it's OK for Trump. The precedent for using state power to disadvantage the other party's candidate is either going to be established or punished.

For those that argue against my comment, don't bother. You are idiots and would be more comfortable in Russia (on the winning side only, BTW!).

It's much worse than Watergate. Watergate resulted from a bunch of amateurs breaking into the DNC and Nixon trying to protect them afterwards.

This is a weaponization of the FBI and/or intelligence services to try to dig up dirt on a political opponent to destroy his campaign and elect your candidate.

That effort has continued post-election to try and remove Trump from office once the initial effort failed.
That's exactly it.

Are the Russians allies? That's where Steele got all his supposed "information". The only proven collusion to date with the Russians is that engaged in by the Democrats.

Steele had a UK Intelligence Officer with specificity to Russia. What do you think Intelligence Officers do whether from here or the UK or from anywhere else. Do you think he was dropping guys in bowler hats that stopped for tea at 4:00pm into Russia? That would have been a great way to get people killed.

I will say it again because is so easy to use the same response over and over. Either you people are obtuse beyond belief or you simply don't care.

Back
Top Bottom