• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isnt this really rather strange

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The President is limited to two terms. And now Pelosi and the democrats want to limit Supreme Court justices to 18 years.

Strange but Pelosi didnt mention a thing about term limits for Congress.

I don't know about 18 years.....but a set retirement age for SC justices would be good.

Congress are elected representatives......SC judges are not.

He finds it strange that Pelosi didn't mention term limits for congress? Gee I wonder why that might be the case. Just can't figure it out, me.

The President is limited to two terms. And now Pelosi and the democrats want to limit Supreme Court justices to 18 years.

I realize American Government was a hard class, but try and remember: Members of the house of representatives stand for election every 2 years. Voters can remove them every 2 years if they are unhappy with them. Supreme Court justices are not elected, and can't be removed outside of impeachment or their own choosing. See the tiny difference there...

Reps in Congress can be removed by the people of their district every two years, hence we already have term limits. Not so with SC Justices, 18 years is more than enough.

The president is voted in every 4 years, but he has term limits, why not Congress?

I realize American Government was a hard class, but try and remember: Members of the house of representatives stand for election every 2 years. Voters can remove them every 2 years if they are unhappy with them. Supreme Court justices are not elected, and can't be removed outside of impeachment or their own choosing. See the tiny difference there...
Congress can remove any federal judge any time they want to, not just every 2 years.

By a wide margin people want term limits for Congress. I suggest 3 terms for the House, and 2 terms for the Senate.

By a wide margin people want term limits for Congress. I suggest 3 terms for the House, and 2 terms for the Senate.
I can’t ****ing believe that I agree with you. Congressmen and senators should have term limits. As should Supreme Court justices. Stopped clock and all that, right buddy?

That pile of writhing dinosaurs needs it the most.

I can’t ****ing believe that I agree with you. Congressmen and senators should have term limits. As should Supreme Court justices. Stopped clock and all that, right buddy?

I've been thinking the same thing lately, and those exact number of terms.:p

This generation of Democrats are just pathetic.

-

Well, they're different topics for one.

But I get you. Sometimes when someone is talking about the weather, I start whining about why they aren't also talking about the stock market, and how busy traffic is, and the price of gas.

Then they ridicule me, and I feel sad, because I'm stupid.

Pelosi as usual want to dictate to others, but cant see that she is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom