• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isn't it about time that a Lady should be President of the US?

Isn't it about time that a Lady should be President of the US?

• yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • better: a non-binary person .....

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Still waiting however for those teachings to impel them to treat women as equals within the church itself. That still has yet to happen.
I agree!
I am a Catholic and I am also waiting for that day!

Good golly. I thought Catholics were taught to love, admire and respect women as equals, not make blanket, misogynistic, derogatory statements about women.
It’s not derogatory to speak the truth about the proper ordering of gender roles.

Still waiting however for those teachings to impel them to treat women as equals within the church itself. That still has yet to happen.
What do you mean by this? Be specific not just stupid platitudes.

It’s not derogatory to speak the truth about the proper ordering of gender roles.
Show us the text from which you learned the "truth about the proper ordering of gender roles", or is that something you've been ordained to determine? Does this "truth" derive from the same text that teaches "it is gravely evil for a marital spouse to deny sex" to their life partner?

Last edited:
Had Hillary won we would have been at war by now.First man Bill would have tried to screw other world leaders wives.

Had Hillary won we would have been at war by now.First man Bill would have tried to screw other world leaders wives.
Hillary also openly said she wanted to order our military to fire on Russian military forces in order to protect ISIS from the Russians.

Yes, it is really so. There’s a reason why women leaders were very rare until recently when western society became rich and decadent enough to cruise on past success. So now it’s a luxury of affirmative action.
You don't think any of that has to do with women being politically and socially dissempowered? It was hardly a meritocracy.
I don’t really see the evidence where female political leaders are even really that effective. What normally happens is that they take an office and things get worse and then any criticism will be called “sexism” and they’ll get hailed for having a vag.
To you, why do you think they are not effective leaders?

13 x yes
03 x no

What do you mean by this? Be specific not just stupid platitudes.
Why don't you simply look into the Catholic Church and the role, or more accurately, the lack of any meaningful role that women have within it? Educate yourself for change instead of constantly remaining willfully ignorant. Who knows? You just might learn something.

It's ALWAYS "time for a female to be President" but owning a vagina has nothing to do with it.
I don't vote based on gender and never have.
But if a qualified candidate shows up, she can have my vote.
I did vote for Hillary in 2016, I originally wanted Bernie but switched when he dropped out.
Imo, Sec. Clinton had one of the top resumes to be President ever. She bombed the interview.

Yes. And I hope that she is either Nikki Haley or Amy Klobuchar in that order of preference, based on competency, character and vision.

Nikki Haley? "competency, character and vision"?

LOL. If you say so. I used to like her then she went Full Trumptard. Someone that goes Full Trumptard has neither competency, character nor vision...IMO.

Apparently not.

There shouldn't be a female POTUS anymore than there should be a male.
I want the best candidate for the job, not for some quota to be filled.

Why don't you simply look into the Catholic Church and the role, or more accurately, the lack of any meaningful role that women have within it? Educate yourself for change instead of constantly remaining willfully ignorant. Who knows? You just might learn something.
Women have very meaningful roles in the Catholic Church, so that is simply a lie on your part, it appears it is you who is willfully ignorant and so much so you cannot provide any examples while spouting lies

There shouldn't be a female POTUS anymore than there should be a male.
A female POTUS - would it be a POTA?
I wonder. :)

@ POTUS

What do SCOTUS, POTUS, and FLOTUS mean?​

The acronyms began as telegraph codes

-OTUS, the shortened version of the phrase "of the United States," was an unlikely addition to our language, as it is both a suffix and an acronym (or, if you prefer, an initialism). Yet this collection of letters has managed to be quite successful. We began using -OTUS in the late 19th century, and we're still finding new ways to use it today.

I voted no because just because its a women doesn't necessary make her the best candidate.
I will vote for the best candidate no matter their gender.

The first female candidate:

Victoria Claflin Woodhull, later Victoria Woodhull Martin (September 23, 1838 – June 9, 1927), was an American leader of the women's suffrage movement who ran for President of the United States in the 1872 election. While many historians and authors agree that Woodhull was the first woman to run for the presidency, some disagree with classifying it as a true candidacy because she was younger than the constitutionally mandated age of 35 (Woodhull's 35th birthday was in September 1873, seven months after the March inauguration). However, election coverage by contemporary newspapers does not suggest age was a significant issue; this may, however, be due to the fact that few took the candidacy seriously.

Imo, Sec. Clinton had one of the top resumes to be President ever. She bombed the interview.

Yes, that is it, it always was it.
She's an excellent policy wonk, she is true and sincere in her values, she's experienced and she's capable.
And on a personal level, few others are as repellent in terms of relating to voters and accessibility.
And she's arrogant to boot.
I get it...unfortunately she still would have been the better choice, if folks could have gotten past that.

She's almost like Angela Merkel, and the Germans liked her for the most part, but then again, Germans like David Hasselhoff...as a singer.
eekDP.gif.gif

Maybe Germans would have liked Hillary, I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom