• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isn't it about time that a Lady should be President of the US?

• yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • better: a non-binary person .....

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I'm sorry, but you don't select a president by a quota system, or need to have a woman.

Women need to step outside the two parties. Nominate a woman and vote for her. They had to do that to get the vote. They need to do it again. The two parties are still controlled by men.

Bullshit. I had high hopes for her from beginning.

To each their own.

One in the WH, she disappeared.
At this point, I don't see her getting the nomination for '24.

I have no idea who will be our nominee in 2024. I don't see Biden running again, and I think that we may see several candidates besides Harris.

Now:

8 x yes
1 x no

I'm sorry. Did i sabotage yet another attempt by you to turn a thread into a race-baiting mess?

Check this out, everyone. Roadvirus thinks he's annoying me, when all he's doing is amusing me by getting so easily offended. 😁

I have to ask, how long has it been since anyone voted for a President based on mere "qualifications" and not based on one's sentiment combined with values?

Has anyone here ever voted for a candidate who they viscerally despised over one who they liked on the basis that the candidate they voted for was simply more qualified than their opponent?
Absolutely. I was viscerally repulsed by Hillary Clinton, but not only was she better qualified than Trump for the job, she might have been the single most qualified non-incumbent candidate in my lifetime. So naturally I voted for her.

The default response from righties for most non-far-right woman candidates will be: I'd support a woman President, but not that one. Over and over again. They did it with Hillary and they're going to do it with Kamala.
What has Ms, Harris accomplished that impresses you?

What has Ms, Harris accomplished that impresses you?

She gets some credit for the COVID-19 relief package. The smackdown of Kavanaugh and William Barr were impressive, too.

Has she made missteps? Yes, but I'd argue that they've been blown way out of proportion.

For the record, I won't mind if Harris isn't our nominee in 2024, so long as we keep the White House from falling into Republican hands.

No.

I suggest we do something different for a change (I know the liberals will hate this suggestion), how about we we all vote for the best qualified person who echoes our wants instead of just kicking the white man to the ground every change we get?
Lol yes the white man gets it so hard these days!

Haley was born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa[4] to immigrant Indian Punjabi Sikh parents at Bamberg County Hospital in Bamberg, South Carolina.[5][6] Her father, Ajit Singh Randhawa, and her mother, Raj Kaur Randhawa, immigrated to the United States from Amritsar District, Punjab, India.[7] Her father was formerly a professor at Punjab Agricultural University, and her mother received her law degree from the University of Delhi.

Bamberg sounds German - even Bavarian

Nimrata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa;

It's ALWAYS "time for a female to be President" but owning a vagina has nothing to do with it.
I don't vote based on gender and never have.
But if a qualified candidate shows up, she can have my vote.
I did vote for Hillary in 2016, I originally wanted Bernie but switched when he dropped out.
I don't vote on gender either, I want a qualified candidate too. I voted for Hillary in '16., but it had nothing to do with her gender. Although she was qualified, I didn't particularly care for her. I would have voted for any Democrat running against the lying conman trump, male or female. I wasn't willing, and never will be, to throw away my vote on a third party individual.

Check this out, everyone. Roadvirus thinks he's annoying me, when all he's doing is amusing me by getting so easily offended. 😁
Its odd for ya to bring up in this thread.

Hillary Clinton proved a woman doesn't belong President.

She gets some credit for the COVID-19 relief package. The smackdown of Kavanaugh and William Barr were impressive, too.

Has she made missteps? Yes, but I'd argue that they've been blown way out of proportion.

For the record, I won't mind if Harris isn't our nominee in 2024, so long as we keep the White House from falling into Republican hands.
I think expectations of Harris are unrealistic. Look at the VP's over the past 40 years. Who actually distinguished themselves while in office? Cheney is the only one that stands out, and for all the wrong reasons.

VPs have a different role, most of which amounts to supporting the president's agenda behind the scenes! For all we know, she's done a spectacular job so far. Only Biden can be the judge of that. Just think of what they'd be calling her if she really stepped outside her role, plotted her own course, and stole the president's thunder. Complaints about her would jump by orders of magnitude.

I think expectations of Harris are unrealistic. Look at the VP's over the past 40 years. Who actually distinguished themselves while in office? Cheney is the only one that stands out, and for all the wrong reasons.

VPs have a different role, most of which amounts to supporting the president's agenda behind the scenes! For all we know, she's done a spectacular job so far. Only Biden can be the judge of that. Just think of what they'd be calling her if she really stepped outside her role, plotted her own course, and stole the president's thunder. Complaints about her would jump by orders of magnitude.

Precisely. I struggle to think of any major, positive accomplishments by a Vice President in decades.

No - she'd have had to be president to prove that. She wasn't.
Try to keep up.
People were scared shitless of the chance she would be President.That's why she lost.Try to keep up.

Harris had not had a positive and memorable start as Veep from where I stand.
I would agree, and this is despite noting that VPs are supposed to be background figures; there just isn't much to point to, but to be fair, Biden's presidency is still young. Beyond this, Harris was laughably weak in the primaries besides being a flip-flopper there, and frankly the less said about her very dubious, checkered and frankly down right concerning career as Cali's attorney general the better.

Anyone who would like to see her as the presumptive Dem nominee is either seeking disappointment (whether in the primary or general election), has set their bar far too low, or both.

People were scared shitless of the chance she would be President.That's why she lost.Try to keep up.
Even if that reason made the top ten, which it doesn't, that proves nothing because she never held the office.
Try to keep up

I have to ask, how long has it been since anyone voted for a President based on mere "qualifications" and not based on one's sentiment combined with values?

Has anyone here ever voted for a candidate who they viscerally despised over one who they liked on the basis that the candidate they voted for was simply more qualified than their opponent?
To be clear, values are qualifications, at least in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom