• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isn't it about time that a Lady should be President of the US?

• yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • better: a non-binary person .....

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Additional question:

If a Lady - which Lady?

No.

The best qualified person should be President.

Obviously, this did not happen in the 2020 election.

Chances are that a woman WILL be the next President, even though she is no more qualified than the male that currently claims the title.

It's ALWAYS "time for a female to be President" but owning a vagina has nothing to do with it.
I don't vote based on gender and never have.
But if a qualified candidate shows up, she can have my vote.
I did vote for Hillary in 2016, I originally wanted Bernie but switched when he dropped out.

Yes. And I hope that she is either Nikki Haley or Amy Klobuchar in that order of preference, based on competency, character and vision.

Last edited:
No.

Chances are that a woman WILL be the next President, even though she is no more qualified than the male that currently claims the title.

So you don't believe the best qualified person ran since obviously Biden was eminently more qualified than the other guy. So who was the most qualified person in 2020.

PS - does the Donald know that you acknowledged that he lost? You are off the Christmas card list.

No.

I suggest we do something different for a change (I know the liberals will hate this suggestion), how about we we all vote for the best qualified person who echoes our wants instead of just kicking the white man to the ground every change we get?

No.

Why post so childish? Does it make you feel warm and cozy in some twisted way?

I don't think women should vote.
I think only women should vote.

The world would be a better place.

So far 3 out of 3 say YES to the question. :)

There will be a biological female US president soon enough. And it won't involve an election.

I have to ask, how long has it been since anyone voted for a President based on mere "qualifications" and not based on one's sentiment combined with values?

Has anyone here ever voted for a candidate who they viscerally despised over one who they liked on the basis that the candidate they voted for was simply more qualified than their opponent?

Last edited:
Additional question:

If a Lady - which Lady?

The default response from righties for most non-far-right woman candidates will be: I'd support a woman President, but not that one. Over and over again. They did it with Hillary and they're going to do it with Kamala.

People do not achieve POTUS status simply because of their sex.
They must campaign and become elected.
Yet another childish and ignorant post by OP.

No.

I suggest we do something different for a change (I know the liberals will hate this suggestion), how about we we all vote for the best qualified person who echoes our wants instead of just kicking the white man to the ground every change we get?

Poor whities. :LOL:

Nikki Haley, 2024!

That is her:

Nimrata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa; born January 20, 1972[1]) is an American diplomat and politician who served as the 116th and first female governor of South Carolina from 2011 to 2017, and as the 29th United States ambassador to the United Nations for nearly two years, from January 2017 to December 2018.

Haley was born in Bamberg, South Carolina, and studied accounting at Clemson University. She joined her family's clothing business, before serving as treasurer and president of the National Association of Women Business Owners. First elected to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 2004, she served three terms. In 2010, during her third term, she was elected governor of South Carolina, and she won re-election in 2014. Haley was the first female governor of South Carolina, the youngest governor in the country and the second governor of Indian descent (after fellow Republican Bobby Jindal of Louisiana). She was the first female Asian American governor, and in 2017 became the first Indian American in a presidential cabinet.[2]

Haley served as United States ambassador to the United Nations from 2017 to 2018. She was confirmed by the U.S. Senate in a 96–4 vote, and was sworn in in January 2017. She affirmed the United States's willingness to use military force in response to further North Korean missile tests in the wake of the 2017–2018 North Korea crisis. She strongly defended Israel at the Security Council,[3] and led the effort to withdraw the U.S. from the United Nations Human Rights Council. She voluntarily stepped down on December 31, 2018.

Yes but she must be elected outside the two parties because they are destroying our democracy.

The default response from righties for most non-far-right woman candidates will be: I'd support a woman President, but not that one. Over and over again. They did it with Hillary and they're going to do it with Kamala.
Harris had not had a positive and memorable start as Veep from where I stand.

Harris had not had a positive and memorable start as Veep from where I stand.

The scrutiny of her would have been less had she been a white male.

Bullshit. I had high hopes for her from beginning.
One in the WH, she disappeared.
At this point, I don't see her getting the nomination for '24.

So it's racism that is why her **** ups get more airtime compared to a White Male?

Your Race Card has been declined. Please choose another form of debate.

So it's racism that is why her **** ups get more airtime compared to a White Male?

Your Race Card has been declined. Please choose another form of debate.

You don't get to define the terms of debate. Nice try, as always, Roadvirus. :)

Back
Top Bottom