• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Islamophobic Rhetoric Endangers Muslim-Americans

cobb

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Of all the reasons that Muslims in America are being “mistreated” or shunned, I think that conservative talk radio is among the least important. Let’s take two events and compare them. First, Michael Savage makes multiple references to Islamofascists on his radio program, and even calls for immediate imprisonment or deportation of all persons with questionable ties to terrorist groups. Compare this with a group of individuals flying airplanes into buildings in New York City and Washington DC, killing thousands. It is easy to see why Michael Savage, and talk radio in general, is much more culpable in mistreatment of Muslims.

I am sure that the vast majority of individuals who have wronged Middle Easterners residing in America were jolted into action by the words of radio broadcasters in San Francisco, Washington DC, and New York. I really doubt that any Americans bear any resentment for people who practice a certain religion, which has been used by radical followers to recruit nut-jobs to end their pathetic lives in the process of killing thousands of innocents.

Far from creating havoc in America, talk radio is the last bastion of media which allows a true counter-insurgency to the politically correct big-government mindset that permeates present American thought. Americans have been beholden to television and newspaper print, long dominated by liberal supporters of the nanny-state, since the mid-1940s. It is not surprising that during this time that most Americans have begrudgingly accepted almost all the changes in government and society proposed by liberal elites, who would have been summarily ridiculed in past times. Talk radio, for all of its bombastic rhetoric and over-the-top hyperbole, has been a grouding influence and rallying point for millions of Americans who feel that their country has been taken over by people with agendas that are foreign to them and their belief systems.

While it is natural to expect that the media and governmental elites will try to label the most popular and irreverant of the radio airwaves, we can only hope that the constant barrage will not eventually throttle this last true form of true conservative American counter-insurgency to the powers that have corrupted our political system and national culture.

Please visit Cobbtown Political Blog

jbc

I don't think many people buy into the claims of the 'vast majority of Muslims are moderates'. with or without talk radio, for the obvious reason that it's an oxymoron. If the meme of there being a 'vast majority' of Muslims were true, it would a lot easier to find large organizations of them, which isn't the case. There are very few such groups.

Even anti-terrorist rallies are not always what they seem to be. On Nov. 21, several thousand demonstrators, some of them Muslim, marched under banners proclaiming "Together for Peace and against Terror" in Cologne, Germany. Marchers shouted "No to terror" and politicians made feel-good statements. But the Cologne demonstration, coming soon after the murder of Theo van Gogh on Nov. 2, served as a clever defense operation. The organizer of the event, the Islamist Diyanet Işleri Türk-Islam Birliği, used it as a smokescreen to fend off pressure for real change. Speeches at the demonstration included no mea culpas or calls for introspection, only apologetics for jihad and invocations of stale and empty slogans such as "Islam means peace."

This complex, confusing record points to several conclusions:

Islamists note the urge to find moderate Muslims and are learning how to fake moderation. Over time, their camouflage will undoubtedly further improve.

Figuring out who's who is a high priority. It may be obvious that Osama bin Laden is Islamist and Irshad Manji anti-Islamist, but plenty of Muslims are in the murky middle. An unresolved debate has raged for years in Turkey whether the current prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, is an Islamist or not.

The task of identifying true moderates cannot be done through guesswork and intuition; for proof, note the American government's persistent record of supporting Islamists by providing them with legitimacy, education, and (perhaps even) money. I too have made my share of mistakes. What's needed is serious, sustained research.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/2226

Most of the so-called 'moderates' are merely propagandists writing apologia for terrorism, and have links to terrorist gangs.

Most Muslims who enterred the US have had children, these children have generally had a far more comprehensive education than did their parents.

They know how to articulate, read, write and are able to freely give their opinion.

And yet, I hear so little about Muslims in the US voicing their opinions other than to complain about being lumped together as Islamofascists.

Perhaps if they began to vocalize their thoughts, we may get somewhere.
Until that happens, the situation nor the thoughts of the remainder of the US is likely to change.

Most Muslims who enterred the US have had children, these children have generally had a far more comprehensive education than did their parents.

They know how to articulate, read, write and are able to freely give their opinion.

Many of the terrorist gang members are very well educated people, so I don't buy it's just ignorant hillbillies being manipulated by unscrupulous con men in mosques, and the silence from 'moderates' is deafening, if they are indeed 'tha vast majority'. Most of them quietly cheer the 'extremists' on, and make apologia for them for the most part, with a few exceptions, the latter being distinct minority fo those in the West.

and even calls for immediate imprisonment or deportation of all persons with questionable ties to terrorist groups.
Phoney-baloney talk, talk shows will never promote putting Jewish Defense League members back to Isreal. Irv Rubin, the chairman of the JDL, and accomplice, Earl Krugel, were planning to blow up the King Fahd Mosque in Los Angeles as well the offices of Lebanese-American Congressman Darrell Issa. And that's just one JDL terrorist story.

I would say that I am one of the most hardline posters here when it comes to the war on terror but I have always been careful to differentiate between Islam and Islamic-fascism infact one of my good friends Yasser is a Saudi student studying here in the U.S. (you should have seen the argument that insued while we were watching "path to 9-11 ho ho!) so for all of you people trying to say that those who support the "war on terror" are somehow anti-Islam or bigoted in some way I'll simply say that this is just a complete fallacy infact I respect the Islamic faith and I like Muslims so much so that I think that they should all be given their freedom and that we should remove the tyrants in power in the middle east (by force if necessary) and replace them with Constitutional Democratic Republics.

Last edited:
cobb said:
Of all the reasons that Muslims in America are being “mistreated” or shunned, I think that conservative talk radio is among the least important. Let’s take two events and compare them. First, Michael Savage makes multiple references to Islamofascists on his radio program, and even calls for immediate imprisonment or deportation of all persons with questionable ties to terrorist groups. Compare this with a group of individuals flying airplanes into buildings in New York City and Washington DC, killing thousands. It is easy to see why Michael Savage, and talk radio in general, is much more culpable in mistreatment of Muslims.

This statement shows EXACTLY what is wrong with PC liberals.

Everything you've cited that Savage said is true and sensible. The people we are targeting ARE Islamo-fascists, calling for the detainment of people you suspect of trying to kill you is common sense.

Michael Savage acknowledging common knowledge realities in no way makes him culpable for the actions of others.

Islam was founded at the tip of a sword and it is entrenched in self-initiated bloodshed in every corner of the world. We need to be able to talk honestly about Islam if we are ever going to neutralize the carnage it brings to the world.

YOU prefer to use Political Correctness to pressure conservatives into being less straight forward and truthful about Islam.

I prefer painful truth to comforting lies.

Last edited:
so for all of you people trying to say that those who support the "war on terror" are somehow anti-Islam or bigoted in some way I'll simply say that this is just a complete fallacy infact I respect the Islamic faith and I like Muslims so much so that I think that they should all be given their freedom and that we should remove the tyrants in power in the middle east (by force if necessary) and replace them with Constitutional Democratic Republics.

I agree. It is kind of funny that those of us who SUPPORT the removal of brutal dictators and SUPPORT muslems being given their freedom are somehow the ones labled "islamophobes"

I am so sick of hearing these lies about how we are liberating the Iraqi people and setting them free when we put snipers on rooftops and shoot at ambulance drivers! How does that win hearts and minds?

ambmi2.jpg

acloseupoo8.jpg

Our occupation is brutal, illegal and a crime against humanity. Most Americans over there view the Iraqi people as a lower form of human. How many of them refer to Iraqis as "Hajjis?"

Most Americans over there view the Iraqi people as a lower form of human. How many of them refer to Iraqis as "Hajjis?"
My husband has been deployed to Iraq three times now, I have lived on or near a military base for the last twenty years. I have never ever heard the term "Hajjis" before. Where's your source for this?

Originally posted by Willow:
My husband has been deployed to Iraq three times now, I have lived on or near a military base for the last twenty years. I have never ever heard the term "Hajjis" before. Where's your source for this?
The information is out there for those that want to look. The trouble for many though, is they see only what they want to see.

http://www.pardonmyenglish.com/archives/2005/05/duty_honor_coun_1.html

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/Joshu...05/08/what-can-america-salvage-in-iraq-by.htm

http://buggieboy.blogspot.com/2004/11/are-troops-properly-equipped.html

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Generation_Kill_Evan_Wright__Review_5566532

Back
Top Bottom