• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Islamists throw acid on Christian teachers in Africa

Islamists throw acid on Christian teachers in Africa | Rare.us

This is such a sad story. My thoughts and prays go out to these women. I do not understand why we can figure out our difference with words. Have we lost the compassion for other human beings? :peace:boohoo:

The police still don't know the motive, so saying it's Islamists who are responsible is misleading. And I haven't seen anything to indicate the victims were Christians. They were there doing art based voluntary work.

Islamists throw acid on Christian teachers in Africa | Rare.us

This is such a sad story. My thoughts and prays go out to these women. I do not understand why we can figure out our difference with words. Have we lost the compassion for other human beings? :peace:boohoo:

That was going on for ages (and still is) in parts of Afghanistan and Pakistan, just with young girls in school, female teachers and others who do not subscribe to their faith.
BBC News - Malala Yousafzai: Pakistan activist, 14, shot in Swat

All in all, a fine example of posting on a site with an agenda. First we have a headline reading Islamists throw acid on Christian teachers in Africa then a short piece with a comment - The Religion of Peace sure likes to throw acid on people. - There is a link to a FoxNews page which is headlined 2 British women attacked with acid in Zanzibar I do believe there has been a change in emphasis for some reason.

Then a bit of the Google finds me one of those British tabloid sites with a story on the attack. A couple of rather interesting points may be found in the Daily Mirror's article

Zanzibar Acid Attack

Katie's best friend Oli Cohen said: "I think white good-looking north London Jewish girls walking around in Zanzibar always make them a target as it's a Muslim country.

"The girls were walking through the town singing on Ramadan when a Muslim lady came up to her shouting. She lost her temper and reacted violently - and hit her in the face for singing.

"I don't know what song it was but it wouldn't have been anything excessively aggressive or rude - they're so well-mannered and respectful they had gone to the town to do voluntary charity work.

"It was an isolated incident and I don't believe it had any connection, she didn't suffer any serious injuries - but they were both extremely shaken up by it. Not enough to come home but I know they felt uneasy being in public. Some people would stare or say things to them.

Two Jewish teenagers wandering thru a local neighbourhood at night in a Muslim country where they are volunteering as teachers. It is not an excuse for the attack on them and I'm glad that they were not seriously injured but someone should have given them a bit of an introduction to problematic areas when they first arrived in country.

The police still don't know the motive, so saying it's Islamists who are responsible is misleading. And I haven't seen anything to indicate the victims were Christians. They were there doing art based voluntary work.

The article given stated they were doing volunteer work affiliated with the Anglican Church. Chances are they'd be Christians - we know why Christian churches are all over the world. To spread Christianity. What are the chances they'd be sending non-Christians to do the work?

All in all, a fine example of posting on a site with an agenda. First we have a headline reading Islamists throw acid on Christian teachers in Africa then a short piece with a comment - The Religion of Peace sure likes to throw acid on people. - There is a link to a FoxNews page which is headlined 2 British women attacked with acid in Zanzibar I do believe there has been a change in emphasis for some reason.

Then a bit of the Google finds me one of those British tabloid sites with a story on the attack. A couple of rather interesting points may be found in the Daily Mirror's article

Two Jewish teenagers wandering thru a local neighbourhood at night in a Muslim country where they are volunteering as teachers. It is not an excuse for the attack on them and I'm glad that they were not seriously injured but someone should have given them a bit of an introduction to problematic areas when they first arrived in country.

Mainstream media tend to downplay news that involves Christians as victims.

Your quoted article still say the following though:

The women were transferred to Tanzania's commercial capital, Dar es Salaam, for medical treatment. The pair were volunteer teaching at a primary school affiliated with the Anglican Church, Khamis said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...women-while-walking-in-tourist/#ixzz2bZNK6XeI

Complete stupidity on their behalf!!

Mainstream media tend to downplay news that involves Christians as victims.

Your quoted article still say the following though:

What annoys me about this, is the blatent Christian vrs Muslim narriative you're trying to push. The Anglican church is a huge organization with many charitable branches that people who are not particularly religious volunteer for. They don't know whether the attackers were Muslims, nor if the attack was religious.

The point is you will post anything showing Christians being attacked by Muslims, ignoring all sorts of other atrocities that go on, that are the other way around, or non religious, or anything that doesn't help your crusade narraitive.

What annoys me about this, is the blatent Christian vrs Muslim narriative you're trying to push. The Anglican church is a huge organization with many charitable branches that people who are not particularly religious volunteer for. They don't know whether the attackers were Muslims, nor if the attack was religious.

The point is you will post anything showing Christians being attacked by Muslims, ignoring all sorts of other atrocities that go on, that are the other way around, or non religious, or anything that doesn't help your crusade narraitive.

I'm not pushing anything. I was not the one who gave the articles.

From what I understand, the volunteer is for a teaching job or something along that field. Chances are, Christianity will be taught or introduced in these endeavors. Who'd be the most likely to get assigned as teachers?

Anyway, I was responding to the specified quoted statement of the poster.
Don't be too quick to judge me. :mrgreen:

However, it can't be denied that there are indeed cases of Muslims attacking Christians in some parts of the world. All you have to do is read the Voice of Martyrs - a lot of these news you don't see in mainstream media.

Here's one:

The Disappearance, Forced Conversions, and Forced Marriages of Coptic Christian Women in Egypt

Reports of Muslim men abducting and forcibly marrying and converting Coptic Christian women and girls have filtered out of Egypt with increasing frequency over the past decade.
The violent abuse of Coptic women and girls in connection with forced marriage and conversion is not altogether new. The Patriarch of the Coptic Orthodox Church, Pope Shenouda III, protested against this phenomenon in 1976, declaring: "There is pressure being practiced to convert Coptic girls to Islam and marry them under terror to Muslim husbands.”2 But the issue has now reached boiling point within Egypt’s Coptic community.
http://christiannews.over-blog.com/...coptic-christian-women-in-egypt-40541012.html

And in Pakistan, too:

Pakistan: Christian Women Live in Fear of Rape and Forced Conversion to Islam
By Martin Barillas
September 19, 2011

The abduction and forced conversion to Islam of Christian girls who are then married against their will to their captors is a disturbing and growing trend in Pakistan; it is estimated that there are over 700 cases every year, according to the Barnabas Fund – a Christian advocacy group based in the UK.
http://formermuslimsunited.org/atrocities-against-christian-women-in-pakistan/

Even now that media is so focused on women issues, these atrocities against women - CHRISTIAN women - hardly make it to mainstream news, if they're even covered at all.

Last edited:
The girls are Jewish, Art in Tanzania is a secular NGO, and they fought with a local shopkeeper before the incident. As for acid attacks, they can happen anywhere. Portland, Oregon was the location of the last American one.

Another fail for the Christianists.

I'm not pushing anything. I was not the one who gave the articles.

From what I understand, the volunteer is for a teaching job or something along that field. Chances are, Christianity will be taught or introduced in these endeavors. Who'd be the most likely to get assigned as teachers?

Anyway, I was responding to the specified quoted statement of the poster.
Don't be too quick to judge me. :mrgreen:

However, it can't be denied that there are indeed cases of Muslims attacking Christians in some parts of the world. All you have to do is read the Voice of Martyrs - a lot of these news you don't see in mainstream media.

Here's one:

The Disappearance, Forced Conversions, and Forced Marriages of Coptic Christian Women in Egypt - Le blog de Joseph Robertson

And in Pakistan, too:

Former Muslims United | Atrocities Against Christian Women in Pakistan

Even now that media is so focused on women issues, these atrocities against women - CHRISTIAN women - hardly make it to mainstream news, if they're even covered at all.

those islamists usually throw acid at many women's faces regardless of their religions

but tosca

why do you ignore the fact the christians keep killing muslims too

do you ever remember the bosnian genocide ?

do you know who keeps supporting the radicals or so called muslim brothers (they are not even muslim ,just islamist )in the ME countries ?

buddhists ?

l hate fanatism

it results either from ignorance or hate

Last edited:

but tosca

why do you ignore the fact the christians keep killing muslims too

do you ever remember the bosnian genocide ?

do you know who keeps supporting the radicals or so called muslim brothers (they are not even muslim ,just islamist )in the ME countries ?

buddhists ?

l hate fanatism

it results either from ignorance or hate

I'm not ignoring that fact. History is peppered with that. Unfortunately in some countries, there is war between Muslims and Christians.....and Buddhists against Muslims, etc.,

I'm simply responding to the specified quoted statements from some posters.

Yes, fanaticism is oft not healthy....it tends to blind, or distorts one's perception of the issue.

Last edited:
How then do you respond to the duplicitous thread title? "Someone threw acid at Jewish interns" is an accurate rendition, but doesn't have the same rabble-rousing value.

Back
Top Bottom