• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Islamists attack Radiohead fans at Turkish release party

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
No music listening is allowed during Ramadan apparently.

Updated 7:26 PM ET, Sat June 18, 2016

(CNN)A group of men attacked fans at a Radiohead listening party Friday in Istanbul, apparently angry the fans were drinking during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Amateur video -- reported to have been live-streamed on Periscope -- appears to have captured the incident. In the video, the unidentified attackers enter the store shouting "close it, close it down" aggressively as attendees were listening to Radiohead's newly launched album "A Moon Shaped Pool."

Radiohead fans attacked at Turkish release party - CNN.com

Are we sure this isn't just an overreaction to music from a progressively ****ty and overrated band? :lol:

Are we sure this isn't just an overreaction to music from a progressively ****ty and overrated band? :lol:

There's always the possibility they werent Islamists, they were uptight Beck fans.

There's always the possibility they werent Islamists, they were uptight Beck fans.

Alternatively, it could have just been people with good taste in music.

You would say that.

Would I? Why? Lol. Radiohead is extremely overrated. Give me musicians who didn't spend 20 years telling everybody how much they were 'experimenting' any day.

Who do you like

I like a lot of musicians. As I get older, I am developing a taste for old jazz/crooner music. I've spent the last few months going through Frank Sinatra's catalogue.

Would I? Why? Lol. Radiohead is extremely overrated. Give me musicians who didn't spend 20 years telling everybody how much they were 'experimenting' any day.

I like a lot of musicians. As I get older, I am developing a taste for old jazz/crooner music. I've spent the last few months going through Frank Sinatra's catalogue.

I like some Sinatra, he did some great stuff.

I've gotten into jazz in the last few years, Coltrane, Miles Davis kind of stuff. Those guys were probably too experimental for you though, lol.

I like some Sinatra, he did some great stuff.

I've gotten into jazz in the last few years, Coltrane, Miles Davis kind of stuff. Those guys were probably too experimental for you though, lol.

tumblr_ntg4u4PJyk1u38djvo1_250.gif

Mkay.

Probably the same kind of people who attacked Paris at all rock concert. Real dullards. They think kids are supposed to spend all day bent over in a mosque.

Well, you'll always have your RuPaul cds, since no one else wants em. :lamo

I do not have them. You offered me yours, but I turned them down as I like music.

If Ramadan shuts down Radiohead, then let's Ramadan all year long! :thumbs:

I don't travel to Islamic countries. They don't impress me as welcoming places.

I have never claimed to be? Lol. Apparently, you have as much trouble quoting right as you do with gifs.

Ahhh, old hatuey up to his old tricks. Back to the Malik Obama thing, right?

I quoted you at least twice, then you tried to redefine what the word "above" meant.

Ahhh, old hatuey up to his old tricks. Back to the Malik Obama thing, right?

I don't think you understand how to properly quote somebody.

I quoted you at least twice, then you tried to redefine what the word "above" meant.

Please show the post where I did. I don't think you understand what considering yourself above somebody else means. It' understandable, English does not seem to be a language you care much for.

I don't think you understand how to properly quote somebody.

Please show the post where I did. I don't think you understand what considering yourself above somebody else means. It' understandable, English does not seem to be a language you care much for.

Ok, tell me, in your own words, how you're above Malik Obama.

Then we can both be done with the topic.

Ok, tell me, in your own words, how you're above Malik Obama.

For one, my irrelevant quotes about Obama aren't used by alt-right conspiracy theorists trying to prove that Obama is a secret mooslum.

Back
Top Bottom