• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Islamist mob parades nuns in Cairo as prisoners of war...

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A mob marched nuns through the battle-torn streets of Cairo ‘like prisoners of war’ in the latest outrage against Egypt’s Christian minority.Sister Manal, principal of a Franciscan school in suburban Cairo, watched for six hours as a mob looted the building, knocked the cross off the gate and replaced it with a black banner resembling the flag of Al Qaeda.

Snip

So far two Christians have been killed since the military-backed government moved against protesters calling for former president Mohamed Morsi’s reinstatement.

And dozens of churches, homes and businesses owned by Christians have been attacked and razed to the ground.

Read more: Egypt crisis: Islamist mob parades nuns in Cairo as prisoners of war | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hmmmm...Let's see, how did the Obama administration characterize the Morsi administration, and the Muslim Brotherhood? Let's see...

Oh that's right....

"Largely secular" eh....Whew, Thank goodness for that! I'd hate to see what would happen if they were extreme....

Hmmmm...Let's see, how did the Obama administration characterize the Morsi administration, and the Muslim Brotherhood? Let's see...

Oh that's right....

"Largely secular" eh....Whew, Thank goodness for that! I'd hate to see what would happen if they were extreme....

Yeah, that would be like calling a "Christian Brotherhood" in this country, "largely secular". (and I would bet my last dollar that Obama would not cut them any slack, but would instead accuse them of clinging to their guns, their bibles, and their God)

Before the violence that shook this small village last week, there were warning signs.

On June 30, when millions of Egyptians took to the streets to protest against now ousted President Mohamed Morsi, residents of Al Nazla marked Christian homes and shops with red graffiti, vowing to protect Morsi's electoral legitimacy with “blood.”

Relations between Christians and Muslims in the village, which had worsened since Morsi's election in 2012, grew even more tense as Islamists spread rumors that it was Christians who were behind the protests against Morsi and his ouster by the military on July 3.

Finally, on the morning of Aug. 14, the tension erupted. In Cairo, the police attacked two protest camps full of Morsi supporters, using live ammunition and killing hundreds. When the news reached Al Nazla, a local mosque broadcast through its loudspeakers that Christians were attacking the protesters, say residents. Hundreds of villagers marched on the Saint Virgin Mary Church. They broke down the gate and flooded the compound, shouting “Allahu akbar” and “Islam is the solution,” according to Christian neighbors.

“First they stole the valuable things, and then they torched the place,” says Sami Awad, a church member who lives across the narrow dirt alley from the church. “Whatever they couldn't carry, they burned.”

In Egyptian village, Christian shops marked ahead of church attack (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Shades of 1933 Europe.

Such bravery! It is things like this that have made me an islamophobe.

"WASHINGTON — At his news conference on Wednesday, President Bush declined an invitation to claim vindication for his policy of spreading democracy in the Middle East. After two years of attacks on him as a historical illiterate pursuing the childish fantasy of Middle East democracy, he was entitled to claim a bit of credit. Yet he declined, partly out of modesty (as with Reagan, one of the secrets of his political success), and partly because he has learned the perils of declaring any mission accomplished."
-Charles Krauthammert, 2005

What democracy was spread? The only thing American interfering does in the M.E. is create another ruling party that is destined to inflict oppression on their opponents. We've seen this in Afghanistant, Iraq, Syria, and Eqypt.

The lesson that SHOULD be learned by the U.S. is "stay the hell out of it".

Such an advanced culture.

What democracy was spread? The only thing American interfering does in the M.E. is create another ruling party that is destined to inflict oppression on their opponents. We've seen this in Afghanistant, Iraq, Syria, and Eqypt.

That was my point, that the 'Arab Spring' was bogus from the start. I realized soon after I posted it that the article I quoted might be an ambiguous illustration so I deleted the post.

That was my point, that the 'Arab Spring' was bogus from the start. I realized soon after I posted it that the article I quoted might be an ambiguous illustration so I deleted the post.

My apologizes if I took what you said wrong. I still believe though that we have done nothing to spread "democracy". The only we have done is install a perverted version of it that won't last much more as we have seen.

As usual, I mildly agree that we should not have a large hand in these things, but how many news reports, and administration speeches touted the Arab spring as a wonderful thing? A helping of the oh so enlightened Obama administration in spreading democracy to that very region? Now it's all blowing up in his face, and what are the proclamations from those who only a year ago were hailing the overthrow of Mubarak? 'We shouldn't get involved'....Too damned late, can't have it both ways.

As usual, I mildly agree that we should not have a large hand in these things, but how many news reports, and administration speeches touted the Arab spring as a wonderful thing? A helping of the oh so enlightened Obama administration in spreading democracy to that very region? Now it's all blowing up in his face, and what are the proclamations from those who only a year ago were hailing the overthrow of Mubarak? 'We shouldn't get involved'....Too damned late, can't have it both ways.

Oh we've seen lots of those with Obama and Bush as well. The simple fact is that region is FUBAR and installing some perverted form of "democracy" over there won't fix it. I don't care who's president, we should stay out of it all together.

The one thing I credit Bush I on is not toppeling the Iraq government because even he knew it would turn into a cluster****. And it's not just Obama supporters, the Bush supporters clung onto the idea that "democracy has arrived" in Iraq and Afghanistan. It wasn't until Obama continued the campaign that the right turned and said Obama screwed it up. Puuuhlease, it was screwed up BEFORE Obama. Obama just continued it in much like Bush did.

Completely agree we should stay the hell out of it as long as we have such an incompetent administration in office. There is no situation - domestic or foreign - that does not get worse when the Obamabots get involved.

Completely agree we should stay the hell out of it as long as we have such an incompetent administration in office. There is no situation - domestic or foreign - that does not get worse when the Obamabots get involved.

Let me guess, you're one of those that think Bush did a bang up job with Iraq and Afghanistan right?

Oh we've seen lots of those with Obama and Bush as well. The simple fact is that region is FUBAR and installing some perverted form of "democracy" over there won't fix it. I don't care who's president, we should stay out of it all together.

The one thing I credit Bush I on is not toppeling the Iraq government because even he knew it would turn into a cluster****. And it's not just Obama supporters, the Bush supporters clung onto the idea that "democracy has arrived" in Iraq and Afghanistan. It wasn't until Obama continued the campaign that the right turned and said Obama screwed it up. Puuuhlease, it was screwed up BEFORE Obama. Obama just continued it in much like Bush did.

Ok, I can find agreement in that....Mark the time! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom