• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Islamic State reportedly preparing for end of its so-called caliphate

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Definitely good news to hear. Although they are kind of headless as an org in many ways and act rather independently... I can see their "caliphate" dreams over the Mid East dying, I can't see their scattered attacks across the globe stopping any time soon.

Islamic State reportedly preparing for end of its so-called caliphate

Islamic State terror leaders are reportedly preparing for the fall of its so-called caliphate after the U.S.-led coalition and Russian-backed forces made significant gains in recent months in Iraq and Syria.

The Washington Post reported Tuesday that the terror group’s leaders in Syria are bracing for its strongholds to fall, but vow to continue its wave of terror attacks abroad. U.S. counterterrorism experts believe the recent large-scale attacks in Istanbul and Baghdad are a sign that its reign in the Middle East is dwindling.

Officials in the terror group issued a grim statement to its fighters that soon all could be lost. The Post reported that an editorial in ISIS’ weekly Arabic newsletter acknowledged that its territory could be lost just two years have rejoicing in the start of its Islamic State across the Middle East.​

I don't know if that's good or not. At least when they had a head we knew where their brains were. Now they will be scattered to the four winds.

I don't know if that's good or not. At least when they had a head we knew where their brains were. Now they will be scattered to the four winds.

Problem is the more they are defeated in conventional combat, the more terrorist attacks they will try to commit abroad because it's their only way of projecting power and essentially gaining cred with other terrorist groups, plus recruiting at this point.

ISIS may be defeated in battle, but they may still succeed in destroying the west.

Their attacks and existence has sent many in Europe and America into a frenzy, turning to the far right for answers and "security".

The rise of the Trump voter and the far right fringes of Europe are rearing their ugly heads, and every attack jumps their popularity, fear is a marvelous thing when it can be harnessed by the fear monger.

Let us hope, not enough people become so afraid they turn to madmen, modern history is filled with such instances.

Problem is the more they are defeated in conventional combat, the more terrorist attacks they will try to commit abroad because it's their only way of projecting power and essentially gaining cred with other terrorist groups, plus recruiting at this point.

ISIS may be defeated in battle, but they may still succeed in destroying the west.

Their attacks and existence has sent many in Europe and America into a frenzy, turning to the far right for answers and "security".

The rise of the Trump voter and the far right fringes of Europe are rearing their ugly heads, and every attack jumps their popularity, fear is a marvelous thing when it can be harnessed by the fear monger.
Let us hope, not enough people become so afraid they turn to madmen, modern history is filled with such instances.

That's what I think too. The far right is exploiting the fear and hate to gain power for themselves after being marginalized since WW2. Thank God there is still a resistance.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, terrorist attacks are giving legitimacy to extremist measures from both sides, including what you discuss above, as well as full frontal attacks on what makes the US so special - our freedom - from "no fly, no buy," to NSA warrantless seizure of electronic transmissions of US citizens, and other examples too numerous to list.

The extremists on the right, and the left, are using these attacks to advance their agenda, harm our way of life, and attack the very foundation of our country, in ways that ISIS could never hope to accomplish on their own.

That's what I think too. The far right is exploiting the fear and hate to gain power for themselves after being marginalized since WW2. Thank God there is still a resistance.

That mindset is not just limited to the far right - "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

Unfortunately, terrorist attacks are giving legitimacy to extremist measures from both sides, including what you discuss above, as well as full frontal attacks on what makes the US so special - our freedom - from "no fly, no buy," to NSA warrantless seizure of electronic transmissions of US citizens, and other examples too numerous to list.

The extremists on the right, and the left, are using these attacks to advance their agenda, harm our way of life, and attack the very foundation of our country, in ways that ISIS could never hope to accomplish on their own.

But...what if it isn't extremists...but instead, rich powerful elite controlling the media and national dialogue to pit people against each other to justify taking their rights away and have more control over the government and the people?

That mindset is not just limited to the far right - "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before." - Rahm Emanuel

Well, as I've said before. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the whole Middle East was submerged under the ocean. I would like to see every mosque turned into a McDonalds, myself.

I don't think folks around here consider me as a "far right" person.

Do you?

After 9/11, Bush used the fear of terrorist attacks to convince congress to give him war powers to attack Iraq and get the Patriot Act and NSA secret wire taps passed. Americans barely batted an eye at the government power grab and having their rights taken away like that. If I recall it was considered "unpatriotic" if you didn't go along with it.

But...what if it isn't extremists...but instead, rich powerful elite controlling the media and national dialogue to pit people against each other to justify taking their rights away and have more control over the government and the people?

They, too, would be extremists if they do that. Would they not? Like numerous print and TV reporters and TV anchors in the media saying they can't understand why Congress doesn't vote to take away rights with "no fly, no buy?" Yeah, I would think that those rich, powerful, elites controlling the media and national dialogue doing exactly what you say.

After 9/11, Bush used the fear of terrorist attacks to convince congress to give him war powers to attack Iraq and get the Patriot Act and NSA secret wire taps passed. Americans barely batted an eye at the government power grab and having their rights taken away like that. If I recall it was considered "unpatriotic" if you didn't go along with it.

Did you read what I said? Lecturing me about Bush when I very plainly referred to the Patriot Act as an extremist act... is ridiculous. I also said it was from both sides.

Well, as I've said before. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the whole Middle East was submerged under the ocean. I would like to see every mosque turned into a McDonalds, myself.

Do you?

Until you said "... see every mosque turned into a McDonalds, ..." and other than that single statement which I do not agree with because of the 1st Amendment, I would have said that based on my limited memory, no.

Do you?

Not really. Nothing you've said would make me think you're far-right.

Did you read what I said? Lecturing me about Bush when I very plainly referred to the Patriot Act as an extremist act... is ridiculous. I also said it was from both sides.

I have no idea who you consider extremists. For all I know you voted for Bush and could be one yourself.

There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always. Mahatma Gandhi

It is great that ISIS is starting to fall apart. But I fear that they won't go away quietly! Our Intelligence forces need to be on high alert!

Do you?

I don't understand what you mean. Why wouldn't you care that tens of million would either die (worst interpretation) or have to leave their homes (best interpretation)? Also why should 3 million people just in America lose there right to practice their religion?

That yes terrorism and specificly islamic terrorism is a threath and you should implement measuers to counter that threath anything from law inforcment to invest in culture and youth activties to show that we beat the terrorist both by the security measures and by creating a better society for all.

That at the same time destrutice ideas like for example that you don't care that tens of millions have to leave their homes and denying people the right to worship or like Trump wanting to ban muslims from entering USA is just letting the terrorist win. That they accomplish they goal of creating division, mistrust and hatred between people.

Also it is also how we react to diffrent kind of dangers. That terrorist have made horriffic terrorist atack that since 9/11 have caused between 1 000- 2 000 death in the western world and then you had 9/11 that caused 3 000 deaths. This leads not only to the righteous demand for action like better security but also destructive ideas like banning 1 billion people from entering USA. While the American politician that proposed breath alcohol ignition interlock device in all cars would not be very popluar. Even if 32 000 is killed in car accident just in America every year.

That is terrible news in the short term, as long as these nutters where in their own little hell hole AKA Islamic moron Heaven (which is hell for any sane person and mostly heaven for religious Islamic nutjobs like ISIL fighters/supporters) we knew where they were and more importantly we knew they were not preparing Islamic terrorist crimes/attacks in Europe or the Arab world.

Now that their "paradise/hell on earth" is about to be wiped off the face of the earth, they are going to be forced out of that region and that is not a healthy thing. Let's hope we bomb as many of these Islamic morons off the face of the earth so that as few as possible for this vile vermin is left to commit terror in other countries.

In the long run I hope it will be good news, with no home state/country anymore, I would think the reach of this religious filth will wain until they are no more than a single faulty pixel on a 10,000 inch tv screen.

Thank you Putin.

Never thought about say that .

Lmao...

Nope, it took Vlady Putin to step in and kill the terrorists that Obama refused to.

Putin had to step in to do his job for him.

Putin will use her as a doormat and then discard.

Putin stepped in to fill his shoes and the world applauded.

After Putin stepped in, every one was praising him, even NPR!

Putin has more support in this country than Obama, never before has something like that happened.

An alt-right poster who praises Putin's carefully crafted bravado constantly didn't think he'd ever thank Putin? Lol, I've heard of cognitive dissonance but your post is just ridiculous.

Lmao...

An alt-right poster who praises Putin's carefully crafted bravado constantly didn't think he'd ever thank Putin? Lol, I've heard of cognitive dissonance but your post is just ridiculous.

Thank you Hatuey, you really are my #1 fan here on DP and I do appreciate how you're favorite hobby is scrapbooking my quotes :lol:

Thank you Hatuey, you really are my #1 fan here on DP and I do appreciate how you're favorite hobby is scrapbooking my quotes :lol:

It's kind of weird that you haven't heard of a search function yet. It's pretty useful for knowing when people are full of it.

:)

It's kind of weird that you haven't heard of a search function yet. It's pretty useful for knowing when people are full of it.

:)

Oh I know. You said, on January 13, 2016 regarding zika...

One case about 1 person is causing serious birth defects? Surely, you had a meatier subject in mind when you posted this "Breaking News" that illness makes people sick.

Have a look at this map showing the January-July change in zika cases in the US.

http://currents.plos.org/outbreaks/files/2016/02/Fig1-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom