• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Islam

Prophetxxx said:
You're right! If we were still under the Law. That's over with. Those verses don't apply to us today.

Oh? Then why do so many Christians quote Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death," as proof that God does not accept homosexuality?

Besides, speak for yourself. I'm Jewish, and your "Old" Testament sure applies to me.

Prophetxxx said:
Ok, what does Qur'an 9:5 say in your Qur'an? And everything that's known about Muhammed is from the Hadith.

So when we look at the Bible, we don't take the text at face value, but we must read it and interpret it in context. But when we look at the Koran, then it's ok to take a statement at face value and we don't read it in context? You are applying a double standard.

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

But...

[2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

vergiss said:
Wait. Didn't you say you don't like people calling other people evil based on religious reasons? *sigh*

Why did the Christians attack Jerusalem many times throughout the Middle Ages? Why did the Christians brutally murder and torture thousands of "witches", Jews and other "heretics"? Why did the Christians kidnap millions of Africans and damn them and their children to centuries of slavery?

:bravo: And I see that Prophetxxx fails to answer this question. I'm interested Prophetxxx as to what level, and where exactly, you are studying Islam...evangelical Sunday school perhaps?

Iriemon said:
So when we look at the Bible, we don't take the text at face value, but we must read it and interpret it in context. But when we look at the Koran, then it's ok to take a statement at face value and we don't read it in context? You are applying a double standard.

Nope, I'm reading it in context according to Muhammed's life.

[9.5] So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

That's what i thought.

But...

[2.62] Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Qur'an 4:55''Sufficient for the Jew is the flaming Fire.''
Qur'an 5:17''Verily they are disbelievers and infidels who say, 'The Messiah, son of Mary, is God.''

vergiss said:
Oh? Then why do so many Christians quote Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they should surely be put to death," as proof that God does not accept homosexuality?

Besides, speak for yourself. I'm Jewish, and your "Old" Testament sure applies to me.

The sin it self is still sinful, But now we aren't under Law, so we aren't to kill them. It also says murder is bad, but that didn't change after Christ fulfulled the Law. Homosexuality is still sinful, but we don't kill them. Now there's grace and forgivness.

ladyflash said:
:bravo: And I see that Prophetxxx fails to answer this question. I'm interested Prophetxxx as to what level, and where exactly, you are studying Islam...evangelical Sunday school perhaps?

Those Christians cannot justify what they did useing the Bible. They were going against Yahshua's teachings. And no, i do not study Islam at a sunday school.

Prophetxxx said:
Nope, I'm reading it in context according to Muhammed's life.

That's what i thought.

Qur'an 4:55''Sufficient for the Jew is the flaming Fire.''
Qur'an 5:17''Verily they are disbelievers and infidels who say, 'The Messiah, son of Mary, is God.''

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion as to how the text of the Koran should be interpreted in context. Others have much different interpretations.

The interpretations of the Koran are about as homogeneous as the interpretations of the Bible. And in either case, you can pull selected text out to support certain interpretations that others, interpreting in context, will disagree with.

Prophetxxx said:
Those Christians cannot justify what they did useing the Bible. They were going against Yahshua's teachings. And no, i do not study Islam at a sunday school.

I have read Muslems saying the exact same thing about the 9/11 terrorists.

Iriemon said:
I have read Muslems saying the exact same thing about the 9/11 terrorists.

Really? Well i certainly didn't see any oppossition from those streets full of muslims celebrating what happens to us, celebrating the deaths of innocent lives. All i could see was ''Allah Akbar.''

Prophetxxx said:
Really? Well i certainly didn't see any oppossition from those streets full of muslims celebrating what happens to us, celebrating the deaths of innocent lives. All i could see was ''Allah Akbar.''

Maybe they were happy the US was attacked.

But to defend my point, here are some sites relating to muslems who condemned the attack (and terrorism in general) as being against the teachings and prinicples of Islam.

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/...ef and sympathy in the Arab and Muslim world:

http://www.masud.co.uk/sep11.htm

http://beliefnet.com/story/87/story_8753_1.html

These are just three I found in a quick google search. There are tons more.

Last edited:
Iriemon said:
Maybe they were happy the US was attacked.

But to defend my point, here are some sites relating to muslems who condemned the attack (and terrorism in general) as being against the teachings and prinicples of Islam.

http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/...ef and sympathy in the Arab and Muslim world:

http://www.masud.co.uk/sep11.htm

http://beliefnet.com/story/87/story_8753_1.html

These are just three I found in a quick google search. There are tons more.

What these ''scholars'' don't understand is that Osama and the other terrorist are follow what their scripture's command. They're following Muhammed's example.

Prophetxxx said:
What these ''scholars'' don't understand is that Osama and the other terrorist are follow what their scripture's command. They're following Muhammed's example.

Maybe they are following Moses' example.

I don't deny there are radical fundamentalist conservatives in the Muslem world. We have them in the Christian world as well. But what you are doing is taking the actions and interpretations of a small group of fanatics who call themselves Muslems and use that to generalize about the entire religion. You could condemn Christianity the same way. Ever hear of the Inquisition?

Iriemon said:
Maybe they are following Moses' example.

I don't deny there are radical fundamentalist conservatives in the Muslem world. We have them in the Christian world as well. But what you are doing is taking the actions and interpretations of a small group of fanatics who call themselves Muslems and use that to generalize about the entire religion. You could condemn Christianity the same way. Ever hear of the Inquisition?

You're not getting something. I'm not judging their religion from what some muslims do, I'm judging their religion from what their scripture's say.

Prophetxxx said:
You're not getting something. I'm not judging their religion from what some muslims do, I'm judging their religion from what their scripture's say.

I was mislead by your reference to people celebrating the 9/11 attack in the streets. Or was that from a passage in the Koran?

Iriemon said:
I was mislead by your reference to people celebrating the 9/11 attack in the streets. Or was that from a passage in the Koran?

Those people were celebrating the death of infidels, They got that demonic nature from their scriptures.

Last edited:
Prophetxxx said:
Those people were celebrating the death of infidels, They got that demonic nature from their scriptures.

Hoping to advance the coming of the Judgment day and the Rapture, are we?

Prophetxxx said:

:doh just stop talking because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sir_Alec said:
:doh just stop talking because you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you can't handle it, well, cause that's not my problem. And i do know what I'm talking about, although that really wont make a difference of what you think.

Last edited:
Prophetxxx said:
If you can't handle it, well, cause that's not my problem. And i do know what I'm talking about, although that really wont make a difference of what you think.

clearly you are posing as an expert while you make stuff up

Qur'an 2:216''Jihad(holy fighting in Allah's cause) is ordained for you(muslims), though you dislike it. But is it possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not.''[another translation says:]''Warfare is ordained for you.''

Qur'an 4:95''Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive injurious hurt, and those who strive hard, fighting Jihad in Allah's cause with thier wealth and lives. Allah has granted a rank higher to those who strive hard, fighting Jihad with their wealth and bodies to those who sit(at home). Unto each has Allah promised good, but He prefers Jihadists who strive hard and fight above those who sit home. He has distinguished his fighters with a huge reward.'' If Jihad were a spiritual struggle, then why does Allah prefer those who fight above those who sit at home?

Understand, Jihad is physical, it is always linked to fighting. Infact Allah has to give exemption from Jihad to the blind and handicaped. Why would he do that if Jihad were spiritual?

Last edited:
Prophetxxx said:
Qur'an 2:216''Jihad(holy fighting in Allah's cause) is ordained for you(muslims), though you dislike it. But is it possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not.''[another translation says:]''Warfare is ordained for you.''

Qur'an 4:95''Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive injurious hurt, and those who strive hard, fighting Jihad in Allah's cause with thier wealth and lives. Allah has granted a rank higher to those who strive hard, fighting Jihad with their wealth and bodies to those who sit(at home). Unto each has Allah promised good, but He prefers Jihadists who strive hard and fight above those who sit home. He has distinguished his fighters with a huge reward.'' If Jihad were a spiritual struggle, then why does Allah prefer those who fight above those who sit at home?

Understand, Jihad is physical, it is always linked to fighting. Infact Allah has to give exemption from Jihad to the blind and handicaped. Why would he do that if Jihad were spiritual?

No I don't want your made up text. I want to be told where I can get this information and please don't give me a website. I want a book.

Bukhari:V4B52N50''The Prophet said, 'A single endeavor of fighting in Allah's cause is better than the world and whatever is in it.''
Muslim:C40B2ON4676''Jihad is compusory.''

Back
Top Bottom