• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Islam

Gilardino87

New member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'm from Norway, and we have busted the mu-slimes for a long, long time ago..

Islam is a destructive and intolerante religion that threatens world peace! All the mu-slimes are Allahs soldiers, and they have one mission: A world kalifat where Sharia will rule..

I just want you to know that Norway supports you on the fight against these barbarians..But unfortanetly our goverment is just a bunch of naiv pussies:(

Are you Americans also starting to wake up?:confused:
 

Mike 1967

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gilardino87 said:
I'm from Norway, and we have busted the mu-slimes for a long, long time ago..

Islam is a destructive and intolerante religion that threatens world peace! All the mu-slimes are Allahs soldiers, and they have one mission: A world kalifat where Sharia will rule..

I just want you to know that Norway supports you on the fight against these barbarians..But unfortanetly our goverment is just a bunch of naiv pussies:(

Are you Americans also starting to wake up?:confused:
Some of us are definitely awake.

Your question would be best posed for the French though. :mrgreen:
 

Red_Dave

Libertarian socialist
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
6,879
Reaction score
1,715
Location
Staffs, England
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Gilardino87 said:
I'm from Norway, and we have busted the mu-slimes for a long, long time ago..

Islam is a destructive and intolerante religion that threatens world peace! All the mu-slimes are Allahs soldiers, and they have one mission: A world kalifat where Sharia will rule..

I just want you to know that Norway supports you on the fight against these barbarians..But unfortanetly our goverment is just a bunch of naiv pussies:(

Are you Americans also starting to wake up?:confused:
im just curious , how many muslims do you know?
 

Mike 1967

Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
"Allah's Apostle said, "Allah guarantees (the person who carries out Jihad in His Cause and nothing compelled him to go out but Jihad in His Cause and the belief in His Word) that He will either admit him into Paradise (Martyrdom) or return him with reward or booty he has earned to his residence from where he went out," (Hadith Vol. 9, Book 93, # 555).

"And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers, (Quran 2:191).

"O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand," (Quran 8:65).

"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).
 

HU-210

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Location
Maastricht - Netherlands
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
The ability to differentiate between a muslim and islam, the ability to differentiate between a nazi and nazism is a nuance that is sadly lost in modern society. Islam is a threat, however, many muslims in the western world follow a humanistic form of islam and have no interest in a global kalifat, even if that is what some scholars say.

If you hear someone of your religion, supposing you have one, basing himself on the scripture, saying you should murder people, how would you react? Would you murder someone? Remember than, that we people are not that drastically different.

Mr U
 

liberal1

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
I like to mix religion with a little bit of common sense and moral judgement. Instead of blindly following a "holy" book, why not think for yourself, use your own judgement.
 

HU-210

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Location
Maastricht - Netherlands
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
liberal1 said:
I like to mix religion with a little bit of common sense and moral judgement. Instead of blindly following a "holy" book, why not think for yourself, use your own judgement.
Moral judgement? And from whence will you draw this morality? From Western Civilisation, that has been influenced by Christian morality for 2000 years?

Mr U
 

liberal1

Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
No, not among Christians (that would be the last place I'd look), but from the sense of moral judgment and common sense that exists in everyone. Thinking and forming your own original opinions is what is wrong with the majority of America, instead of looking for a scale of moral value through someone elses experience or through a book. If I thought Harry Potter was a book worth following I would surely be scrutinuized by a therapist. But millions of people can follow another book written thousands of years ago where nearly nothing of the science we know today existed.
 

Simon W. Moon

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
22,807
Reaction score
8,096
Location
Fayettenam
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gilardino87 said:
... we have busted the mu-slimes for a long, long time ago...
... a bunch of naiv pussies...
[MOD MODE]
With tone set, the thread has been moved to the forum w/ the more appropriate lighting and ambience.
[/MOD MODE]
 

bandaidwoman

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
582
Reaction score
25
Location
Covington,Georgia
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
HU-210 said:
The ability to differentiate between a muslim and islam, the ability to differentiate between a nazi and nazism is a nuance that is sadly lost in modern society. Islam is a threat, however, many muslims in the western world follow a humanistic form of islam and have no interest in a global kalifat, even if that is what some scholars say.

If you hear someone of your religion, supposing you have one, basing himself on the scripture, saying you should murder people, how would you react? Would you murder someone? Remember than, that we people are not that drastically different.

Mr U
I AGREE

I think Islam was a highly evolved religion compared to Christianity's barbaric past until the recent radicalization that caused it to regress or de-evolve while Christianity continued to transform itself . Christian anti-Semitism has a long and terrible history, as does Christian aggression against Islam during the Crusades and against fellow Christians during the Wars of Religion.

But after each outpouring of violence, the church has been forced to ask itself: Is this what Christianity is about? In time the answers came, and except for small, radical fringes, Christianity as a whole has repudiated war, coercion, and hate as ways to further the Christian message.

I think we are at a point, not of the clash between the West and Islam, it is, instead, the clash between Muslims as they try to define their faith for the 21st century.

Much the same way the Christians did with their many wars amongst each other.


Islam clearly does not speak with one voice. It shows nearly as much diversity as does Christianity. This is where this religion stands and it is at a crucial crossroads at which we can hopefully play a part.

Is Islam fundamentally opposed to human rights by its inherently theocratic thrust? Why do Muslim countries have such deplorable records on human rights? .

Human beings are being traded as slaves in Sudan. Has the government in Khartoum been flooded with protests from every corner of the Muslim world?.

No one can deny the lack of women's rights under Islam. The widespread practice of female genital mutilation in Muslim countries alone signals the reality of women's oppression. Women are forbidden even to drive a car in Saudi Arabia. But niether was America interested in the plight of the horrific oppression, enslavement and killing of the women under the Taliban until Sept 11th. (Yet, Mohammad's second in command I believe was a woman.) My most radical feminist friends are Muslim who see the Q'uran as more liberating than the Bible but they hemmoraged out of the Middle East and there are none back home to take up their interpretation and reading of the Q'uran to advance the cause of women.


Thus, We hear so many differing accounts of Islam today, is it peaceful or not? precisely because Muslims are in the midst of a struggle for the soul of Islam.

Thus what must we do to help the moderate movement win over the radical movement? i don't know, except our current leader seems to be injecting his own form of fundamentalism behind his policy making. I don't know.

For the record, I am flanked by two neighbors who are muslim and they are the most morally intact, peaceful people I know.

Coming from a Buddist background (grew up in the Far East) I can honestly say that it is probably the only religion that has not fought and killed for its own sake compared the violent pasts of christianity and islam.
 

Willravel

Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
76
Reaction score
23
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Liberal
Mike 1967 said:
"Allah's Apostle said, "Allah guarantees (the person who carries out Jihad in His Cause and nothing compelled him to go out but Jihad in His Cause and the belief in His Word) that He will either admit him into Paradise (Martyrdom) or return him with reward or booty he has earned to his residence from where he went out," (Hadith Vol. 9, Book 93, # 555).

"And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers, (Quran 2:191).

"O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand," (Quran 8:65).

"Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).
Hahahah...okay how about we break down the DOMINANT AMERICAN RELIGIONS TEXT:
Exodus 35:2 "Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death."
Exodus 22:19 "Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed."
2 Chronicles 15:12-13 "They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."
Deuteronomy 13:13-19 "Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
Deuteronomy 22:20-21 "But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst."
Deuteronomy 13:7-12 "If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst."
Isaiah 14:21"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (bye bye Bush twins)
 
Top Bottom