• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Islam Explained in Layman's Terms

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
**Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book:*Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. *In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.
When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:*

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens.* This is the case in:

United States*-- Muslim 0.6%
Australia*-- Muslim 1.5%
Canada*-- Muslim 1.9%
China*-- Muslim 1.8%
Italy*-- Muslim 1.5%
Norway*-- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.* This is happening in:

Denmark*-- Muslim 2%
Germany*-- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom*-- Muslim 2.7%
Spain*-- Muslim 4%
Thailand*-- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. *For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims.* They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply.* This is occurring in:

France*-- Muslim 8%
Philippines*-- 5%
Sweden*-- Muslim 5%
Switzerland*-- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law.* The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. *In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings.* Any non-Muslim action offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam, with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.* Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:
Guyana*-- Muslim 10%
India*-- Muslim 13.4%
Israel*-- Muslim 16%
Kenya*-- Muslim 10%
Russia*-- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%*

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia*-- Muslim 40%
Chad*-- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon*-- Muslim 59.7%

>From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania*-- Muslim 70%
Malaysia*-- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar*-- Muslim 77..5%
Sudan*-- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh*-- Muslim 83%
Egypt*-- Muslim 90%
Gaza*-- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia*-- Muslim 86.1%
Iran*-- Muslim 98%
Iraq*-- Muslim 97%
Jordan*-- Muslim 92%
Morocco*-- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan*-- Muslim 97%
Palestine*-- Muslim 99%
Syria*-- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan*-- Muslim 90%
Turkey*-- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates*-- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace.* Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan*-- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia*-- Muslim 100%
Somalia*-- Muslim 100%
Yemen*-- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

"Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel." -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law.* The national police do not even enter these ghettos.* There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim religious facilities. *In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large.* The children attend madrasses.* They learn only the Koran.* To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death.* Therefore, in some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.
Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population.* But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers.* Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book:**Slavery, Terrorism and Islam:* The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.
Well, boys and girls, today we are letting the fox guard the henhouse.* The wolves will be herding the sheep!
Obama*appoints*two devout Muslims to Homeland Security posts.* Doesn't this make you feel safer already?
Obama and Janet Napolitano appoint*Arif Alikhan, a*devout Muslim, as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development.
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore in Kareem Shora, a devout Muslim who was born in Damascus, Syria, as ADC National Executive Director as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).
NOTE: Has anyone ever heard a new*government official being identified as a*devout Catholic, a devout Jew or a devout Protestant...?* Just wondering.

Was it not "Devout Muslim men"*who flew planes into U.S. *buildings*8 years ago?
Was it not a Devout Muslim who killed 13 at Fort Hood?

asinine.

replace islam/muslim with christian/christianity, dial back a few hundred years and take look at europe, or buddism/buddhist and peek into asia.

was it not devout christians that killed hundreds of thousands of peaceful muslims during the crusades? was it not devout christians that burned jews, traded in slaves?

islam is what muslims make of it. if we want a healthful religious environment, we maintain a healthful environment for it to grow.

do you honestly think that Saudi Arabia would be any less oppressive if the sheik converted to another faith? Revolutionaries did everything thoy could think of to eliminate christianity from russia. but the oppression was just as bad under the communists as it was under the Czars.

bashing muslims will not end terrorism. it only enflames it.

geo.

Last edited:
Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. *In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.
The definition of "religion" is a complete system of life.
Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components.
So did early Judaism, it was called Moses' Law. Read Deuteronomy, that aspect of the Torah is also in the Bible.

To the rest of your post, it's called the 1st Amendment: the freedom to practice religion unabridged by Law. It's also the clause which makes it unconstitutional to merge Church and State, since doing so would infringe on the right to practice religion freely.

Islam becomes Americanized when it comes where. The worst examples of a religion do not represent all Muslims.
replace islam/muslim with christian/christianity, dial back a few hundred years
Exactly. All three Abrahamic-Religions have the same basic roots anyway.

Last edited:
its_a_conspiracy1.jpg

Um yeah... for Islam explained properly, I think I will read the Koran and then go talk to a Muslim. kthx.

Your entire list is filled with absurd lies. Only a ridiculous combination of xenophia and idiocy would throw around baseless accusations of genocide. The factual errors are too numerous to post them all, so I shall point out a few here.

Syria for example, has a 10% Christian population that is largely unmolested, Islam is not sanctioned as the state religion. The only violence in the region is between the Baath Party and the Muslim brotherhood.

In China, the Muslim minority is locked in a violent conflict with the government, despite only being 2% of the population, and the conflict has nothing to do with religion.

Indonesia also has religious freedom, and the island of Bali is primarily Hindu. Genocide actually did occur during the 60's, but it was focused on politics and wealth no religion.

Egypt is run by nationalists, and an ally in the war on terror. In fact, we send many suspected terrorists to them so they can be tortured.

Your entire list is filled with absurd lies. Only a ridiculous combination of xenophia and idiocy would throw around baseless accusations of genocide. The factual errors are too numerous to post them all, so I shall point out a few here.

Syria for example, has a 10% Christian population that is largely unmolested, Islam is not sanctioned as the state religion. The only violence in the region is between the Baath Party and the Muslim brotherhood.

In China, the Muslim minority is locked in a violent conflict with the government, despite only being 2% of the population, and the conflict has nothing to do with religion.

Indonesia also has religious freedom, and the island of Bali is primarily Hindu. Genocide actually did occur during the 60's, but it was focused on politics and wealth no religion.

Egypt is run by nationalists, and an ally in the war on terror. In fact, we send many suspected terrorists to them so they can be tortured.

And don't forget Turkey, a secularist nation "despite" it being 99% Muslim.

Here my definition of Islam in laymans terms.....
Hey! They dont like our god! In our book it says we must kill them. Lets get a bomb and I'll blow them up while killing myself. Its called murder and fear.

The definition of "religion" is a complete system of life.

So did early Judaism, it was called Moses' Law. Read Deuteronomy, that aspect of the Torah is also in the Bible.

To the rest of your post, it's called the 1st Amendment: the freedom to practice religion unabridged by Law. It's also the clause which makes it unconstitutional to merge Church and State, since doing so would infringe on the right to practice religion freely.

Islam becomes Americanized when it comes where. The worst examples of a religion do not represent all Muslims.

Exactly. All three Abrahamic-Religions have the same basic roots anyway.
The worst examples of a religion do not represent all Christians.
The worst examples of a religion do not represent all Jews.
The worst examples of any religion do not represent all adherents of that religion.
But in every instance it is the worst examples of any religion that are clearly exhibited to the world.
And it is the Bully Boys of these religions who cause the troubles, they have no interest in whatsoever that which their particular religion preaches, all they are interested in is achieving control over populations.

Last edited:
Hi Jujuman13, thanks for your excellent post, I hope libs will read it and carefully thought about, whether they still support Hussein Obama or not.

Hi Jujuman13, thanks for your excellent post, I hope libs will read it and carefully thought about, whether they still support Hussein Obama or not.

I will agree that it was I that posted the article, also while I may believe that much of what the article states to be happening, might well be true.
I did not write the article nor did I research the facts stated within that article.
I would suggest that any religion can put up any building for that religion PROVIDED that all other Nations accept that buildings to a variety of religions can be constructed in their territories.

Last edited:
asinine.

replace islam/muslim with christian/christianity, dial back a few hundred years and take look at europe, or buddism/buddhist and peek into asia.

was it not devout christians that killed hundreds of thousands of peaceful muslims during the crusades? was it not devout christians that burned jews, traded in slaves?

islam is what muslims make of it. if we want a healthful religious environment, we maintain a healthful environment for it to grow.

do you honestly think that Saudi Arabia would be any less oppressive if the sheik converted to another faith? Revolutionaries did everything thoy could think of to eliminate christianity from russia. but the oppression was just as bad under the communists as it was under the Czars.

bashing muslims will not end terrorism. it only enflames it.

geo.

I have no intention of living through another Crusades to prove your point.

I will agree that it was I that posted the article, also while I may believe that much of what the article states to be happening, might well be true.
I did not write the article nor did I research the facts stated within that article.

The article is utterly false. It makes no difference between countries run by Muslim fundamentalists and nations where Muslim fundamentalists are tortured and killed. It is pretty much as stupid as saying that the Nazi's and British are the same because they are both Christian. Other false claims include the ghetto's where the French police won't go, which is blatantly false, as the French don't even allow headscarves at schools.

I have no intention of living through another Crusades to prove your point.

beautiful. that was the single most insipid response i have ever gotten. thanks

geo.

The article is utterly false. It makes no difference between countries run by Muslim fundamentalists and nations where Muslim fundamentalists are tortured and killed. It is pretty much as stupid as saying that the Nazi's and British are the same because they are both Christian. Other false claims include the ghetto's where the French police won't go, which is blatantly false, as the French don't even allow headscarves at schools.

In your opinion the article may be false, in other peoples opinion it may be true.
What is important is how one views Islam and Islam intent as evidenced by Islamic behaviour across various nations.
With regards to the Parisian ghetto, you are not correct, French Police only dare enter en masse, a single policeman may enter, undoubtedly his body will at some point be located usually heavily mutilated.

In your opinion the article may be false, in other peoples opinion it may be true.
What is important is how one views Islam and Islam intent as evidenced by Islamic behaviour across various nations.
With regards to the Parisian ghetto, you are not correct, French Police only dare enter en masse, a single policeman may enter, undoubtedly his body will at some point be located usually heavily mutilated.

It is not my opinion. The article is making specific claims of fact which are false, I can disprove them by presenting evidence showing they are wrong. According to article, Syria has a population 90% means there should be genocide and ethnic cleansing against non-muslims and Shariah should be the supreme law of the land. In reality, the Syrian government does not target non-Muslims for violence, Islam is not the official state religion and the supreme source of authority is the president. In fact, the primary enemy of the Syrian government is the Muslim Brotherhood, who consider the ruling Baathist party too secular.

Regardless of how your feel about Islam, there is no excuse for spreading lies. Making false claims only proves your own lack of character rather than those you criticize.

You can't explain Islam to liberals ... unless they have actually lived (not just travelled) to an Islamic country and seen Islam in action: the stunted youth, the uneducated masses, lack of women's rights, lack of a judiciary (or even basic constabulary), the persecution of homosexuals, Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Ba hai faith especially the African minorities that work in the service sector throughout the Middle East. Throughout the Middle East the RELIGION is the STATE; Islam is not only 'submission' it is submersion, completely, in a religous beleif that finds homosexuals, feminists, Jews and Christians as "unclean" and verifiable for death under its infalliable system.

Watch the beheading videos in Riyahd; watch the two homosexual teenagers hung in Northern Iran; watch the countless execution of individuals by local Islamic Religious militia (shootings, beatings, etc.) in Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Ethiopia, Libya, Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria and then you begin to realize that Islam is rooted in 5th century theocratic totalitarianism.

Last edited:
megaprogman: ever watched women beg for their lives before they were shot POINT BLANK in the face with an AK-47?

The face disintegrates into arterial spray, bone and fragments.

Ever seen a stoning video? Takes a good 60 minutes to kill homosexuals, adulterers and others.

Oh ...... right you dont beleive this happens.

Your an Obamunista.

I see.

Go back to reading Huffington Post.

why you hate muslims all to this degree ?
liar ,you only lie and push other people to hate muslims just like your hateness .
muslis are part ot this globe .and live peacefully with others ,they do not want to control others lands .
in many muslim countries ,christians live peacefully with muslims and even jews were living with muslims but when zionists came to palestine they implant hateness between muslims and jews to help to collect jews to build their state .also when usa reachs iraq ,they implant hateness between people to give you this stupid idea
SO PLEASE STOP LYING ,

Islam is not a religion of peace.

As a Lebanese ex-pat I am often startled at the lack of understanding of the supposed dichotomy of Islam. All to often westerners tend to associate and relate Islam to Christianity when it comes to understanding the motivations of those involved. And this is a big mistake. Although the two religions have somewhat mutual origins and indeed in someways may overlap they are in no way synchronous in the ways in which they effect the lives of their adherents.

Islam is not just a religion it is a way of life that cannot be understood easily through words. Every aspect muslim life is dictated by the Qu'ran from clothing to political governance and everything in between.

The Qu'ran is NOT like the bible, in that the bible is a work of man interpreted by man in the view of understanding the teachings of christ. The Qu'ran is direct unalterable UNINTERPRETABLE word of Allah directly dictated to the prophet through the angel Gabriel. I must make this prefectly clear. There is ZERO wiggle room in ISLAM for interpretation as the word of God perfect and in the eyes of Islam to be taken literally. This is hard for the west to understand but it is the truth. If you think about it logically it is evident that ISLAM has no purpose for existence if it is not the PERFECT word of Allah.

Mohammad is revered in ALL of ISLAM as the perfect male role model.

Here are the actions of Mohammad against the Bani Quraytha jews in Saudi Arabia. This tribe was asked to join Mohammad in order to fight the pagans. When they refused Mohammad slaughtered all males ( with pubic hair).

So when the Messenger of Allah (SAW) came back from the trench, he put his weapon aside and washed up. So Jibreel [Gabriel] came to him while he [Mohammad] was removing the dust [from the battle] off his head and [Gabriel] said,

"You have laid your weapon aside?! By Allah we won't [lay our weapons aside]. Go out to [fight] them."

So the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,

"Where [shall I go/fight]?"

So he [Gabriel] pointed to Bani Quraytha. Thus the Messenger of Allah (SAW) fought them and they surrendered to his judgement, so the Messenger of Allah (SAW) passed the judgement to Sa'd who said,

"I judge them that the fighters [men - those who are capable of fighting] are to be killed, the children and women enslaved and the money divided [among the Muslims]."

So the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,

"You have judged them with Allah's judgement."

This is just one example as there are many others through out the Qu'ran including his notorious and well known beheading of the Qurayza Jews. Which BTW is the impetuous and justification for current day beheading of infidels. etc.

Also it should be noted that almost the entire collection of Qu'ranic verses that refer to peace and love ( of which NONE refer to loving thy enemy or neighbor) were penned during his Mecca period or his recruitment period. It was in Mohammad's best interest to play nice as he had only a few followers and could ill afford to talk so brashly. It wasn't until much later in his prophetic career in Medina that he penned the abrogation of previous verses such as the very violent and clear "verse of the sword"

At-Tawba 5 " verse of the sword"

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

This is not a metaphorical kill this is a very literal kill and clearly states that you must accept Islam and PAY them or die.

Remember that in ISLAM the words of the Qu'ran are LITERAL not allegorical and to reject any part of the Qu'ran is to reject Allah which is punishable by death.

IF you do not believe any word I said do one thing. ASk your "moderate" muslim friends if the Qu'ran is the perfect word of God. IF he answers yes then you know where his allegiances lie. I could write ALOT more on this topic must I must watch some western TV.

Peace be upon you.

It is not my opinion. The article is making specific claims of fact which are false, I can disprove them by presenting evidence showing they are wrong. According to article, Syria has a population 90% means there should be genocide and ethnic cleansing against non-muslims and Shariah should be the supreme law of the land. In reality, the Syrian government does not target non-Muslims for violence, Islam is not the official state religion and the supreme source of authority is the president. In fact, the primary enemy of the Syrian government is the Muslim Brotherhood, who consider the ruling Baathist party too secular.
Regardless of how your feel about Islam, there is no excuse for spreading lies. Making false claims only proves your own lack of character rather than those you criticize.

WEll I guess you have never been to Syria then. Sure it may be more acceptable the MOST muslims countries the fact remains that In Syria, the constitution requires the president to be a Muslim and specifies that Islamic jurisprudence is a principal source of legislation. And sharing your Christian faith with someone – anyone – is discouraged as "posing a threat to the relations among religious groups" and carries a penalty of up to life in prison. If you would like I can certainly link you the Syrian constitution.

The Qu'ran is NOT like the bible, in that the bible is a work of man interpreted by man in the view of understanding the teachings of christ. The Qu'ran is direct unalterable UNINTERPRETABLE word of Allah directly dictated to the prophet through the angel Gabriel. I must make this prefectly clear. There is ZERO wiggle room in ISLAM for interpretation as the word of God perfect and in the eyes of Islam to be taken literally. This is hard for the west to understand but it is the truth. If you think about it logically it is evident that ISLAM has no purpose for existence if it is not the PERFECT word of Allah.

Please explain how boy-love is common across the middle east if there is no wiggle room in reading the Qu'ran's views on Homosexuality.

WEll I guess you have never been to Syria then. Sure it may be more acceptable the MOST muslims countries the fact remains that In Syria, the constitution requires the president to be a Muslim and specifies that Islamic jurisprudence is a principal source of legislation. And sharing your Christian faith with someone – anyone – is discouraged as "posing a threat to the relations among religious groups" and carries a penalty of up to life in prison. If you would like I can certainly link you the Syrian constitution.

Syria is certainly not a country with complete religious freedom, I never made such claim. However, the OP made outrageous claims of genocide against non-muslims which are lies.

Please explain how boy-love is common across the middle east if there is no wiggle room in reading the Qu'ran's views on Homosexuality.

Syria is certainly not a country with complete religious freedom, I never made such claim. However, the OP made outrageous claims of genocide against non-muslims which are lies.

Homosexuality is genetically linked with all humans and its existence is not predicated on the basis of religion. However, that said, Islam's harsh laws regarding pre-marital sex cannot be overlooked as a possible marker for such interactions. This case would be similar to the higher then normative homo sexual relations in prison. Even now Islamic scholars have taken note of this phenomenon and now allows for " weekend marriages" to allow young muslims the opportunity for sexual relief.

Homosexuality is genetically linked with all humans and its existence is not predicated on the basis of religion. However, that said, Islam's harsh laws regarding pre-marital sex cannot be overlooked as a possible marker for such interactions. This case would be similar to the higher then normative homo sexual relations in prison. Even now Islamic scholars have taken note of this phenomenon and now allows for " weekend marriages" to allow young muslims the opportunity for sexual relief.

That kind of pokes a hole in your argument that the Qu'ran has no room for interpretation and is always followed literally.

Back
Top Bottom