• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Islam course in prisons

Muslims are recruiting wherever they can.

Muslims are recruiting wherever they can.

If you want to ban freedom of religion...you better be prepared to ban it for all religions.

If you want to ban freedom of religion...you better be prepared to ban it for all religions.

If you want to put words into someone mouth, make sure you know WTF you're talking about.

If you want to put words into someone mouth, make sure you know WTF you're talking about.

I didn't. But sometimes freedom means things you might not like.

You really can't make this up. Is there any wonder we have such a problem with radicalisation in the prison system.
No, that's a misrepresentation. The problem that we have with radicalization in the prison system is not respected-in-their-communities, Westernized Imams teaching about their religious nonsense; it is young men with below-average intelligence and histories of being raised in impoverished communities being exposed to other non-Imam, un-socialized, radicalized prisoners who have a child's understanding of the religion.

As much as it annoy me, getting educated Imams in the prisons is the only way we're going to get the radicalization under control.

Where did he say he wanted to ban islam? Sounds to me like you jumped to a radical 'rationalization'. Not a good debate trait.

There is nothing wrong with teaching Islam in prisons.

99.9+% of the over 1 billion Muslims in the world are NOT radical.

Lots of horrible things have been done by Christians...do we stop teaching that as well?

It is not religions that cause people to do horrible things...it's people that are screwed up or monumentally stupid that do horrible things - the religion is just the excuse.

Sane, well-adjusted people do not do horrible things no matter what religion they are.

Where did he say he wanted to ban islam? Sounds to me like you jumped to a radical 'rationalization'. Not a good debate trait.

Did I say he wanted to ban it?

Nope. Sounds like you jumped to a conclusion based on what I didn't say.

Note, I said "if you want to ban..." which is not the same as me saying "you want to ban"

I chose my words carefully, you didn't read them carefully.

Did I say he wanted to ban it?

Nope. Sounds like you jumped to a conclusion based on what I didn't say.

Note, I said "if you want to ban..." which is not the same as me saying "you want to ban"

I chose my words carefully, you didn't read them carefully.
Lol you were the only person who said "ban" in his reply which you quoted. Your words were ignorant at best.

No, that's a misrepresentation. The problem that we have with radicalization in the prison system is not respected-in-their-communities, Westernized Imams teaching about their religious nonsense; it is young men with below-average intelligence and histories of being raised in impoverished communities being exposed to other non-Imam, un-socialized, radicalized prisoners who have a child's understanding of the religion.

As much as it annoy me, getting educated Imams in the prisons is the only way we're going to get the radicalization under control.

BS. There is no need of Imans in the UK prison system, period. What constitutes a liberal Iman is a minefield, in itself. As it stands, Imans are not regulated in the UK.

Lol you were the only person who said "ban" in his reply which you quoted. Your words were ignorant at best.

There is a reason I started the sentence with the word "If".

I am sorry you can't understand English.

I never said the poster wanted to ban it, but you said I did.

Prison Islam course 'could turn prisoners to violence' - Prison Islam course 'could turn prisoners to violence' - BBC News

You really can't make this up. Is there any wonder we have such a problem with radicalisation in the prison system.
Apart from the (undeniable) radicalisation problems in prison systems, the far greater one to me appears to be the blatant stupidity and incompetence of the powers concerned (and not just the prison authorities by a long shot) towards providing a measure of spiritual instruction that might actually introduce some of the so called Muslim inmates to the actual religion for the first time in life. And by "actual" I don't mean the stone age Wahhabi filth that we've allowed to foster in all sorts of mosques (let alone prisons) by gleefully jumping at any form of support, money or other, that Saudi or any other Gulf state where this crap spews from throws our way.

The throw more than just often enough including the delegating of their pre-historic priesthood that was (and still is) then allowed unmonitored to "preach" all sorts of rubbish remaining indiscernible to us by nobody in position having the power of understanding it (language).

There is by now ample documentation of the bulk of what we today know as the Taliban having sprung from exactly the madrassas of Pakistan that were financed and built by exactly the same monies to be then staffed by exactly the same vermin clergy that either came from Saudi direct or was trained there.

That problem not being confined to Britain, some are slowly realizing that if one wishes to successfully vet anyone over potential radical tendencies, spiritual leadership that comes from the hell knows where is certainly one of the starting points of vetting.

We have social workers financed by and working under instruction of the state to address problems of any other type of inmates, yet when it comes to what we "offer" to the vastly different cultural circles of Islam, we persistently remain blind and practically deaf over what is actually offered and, what's more, remain ignorant of what we're actually allowing to make its inroads.

There is a reason I started the sentence with the word "If".

I am sorry you can't understand English.

I never said the poster wanted to ban it, but you said I did.

Lol right. But where did you pull "ban" from? That was never suggested by anyone here. That's what you mysteriously made up. That's where your ignorance sprouted. I hope this helped clear up your confusion.

If not ban, then what?

Lol right. But where did you pull "ban" from? That was never suggested by anyone here. That's what you mysteriously made up. That's where your ignorance sprouted. I hope this helped clear up your confusion.

It is an independent statement. Look, you obviously didn't understand my statement, that is your comprehension problem. Words mean things, learn that and life will be much easier.

No ignorance here....except for your ignorance of what actual words mean.

The topic of the thread was...?

It is an independent statement. Look, you obviously didn't understand my statement, that is your comprehension problem. Words mean things, learn that and life will be much easier.

No ignorance here....except for your ignorance of what actual words mean.

It was not independent. It was in response to a comment you physically quoted. It was a really poor statement at best. Straighten up soldier.

It was not independent. It was in response to a comment you physically quoted. It was a really poor statement at best. Straighten up soldier.

Don't tell me what I wrote, now you are just whining.

You need to learn to read, and understand words. And don't tell me to "straighten up" you aren't my father.

Can we get back on topic here? Don't make me call your fathers.

Don't tell me what I wrote, now you are just whining.

You need to learn to read, and understand words. And don't tell me to "straighten up" you aren't my father.

Someone has to tell you what you wrote. You can't seem to remember. Fair enough of the father comment. I wouldn't raise someone to make those mistakes.

One last time, the topic of this thread is not each other. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom