• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Islam and Islamophobia

Do you agree with the view expressed in this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stan1990

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Danish government since 2014 has launched an annual campaign to encourage Danes to father more children. Denmark, especially in the Copenhagen metropolitan area, suffers from low birth rates. The Italian government announced awards, plots of land, for each family with a third child during the period 2019-2022. The Spanish government appointed a Demographic Expert named Idelima Parreira to examine the reasons stand behind the reluctance of its citizens to experience parenthood and to provide solutions to address the catastrophic decline in Spain birth rate. The world is taken by surprise with the election of populist governments inspired by Donald Trump's victory in the US presidential election. The politics of these recently elected governments are anti-immigration, blaming Arabs and Muslims immigrants for their failures handling complicated files such as the rise in the unemployment rates and taxes.

First, population census in Europe isn't being conducted according to the ethnic, sectarian or religious identity. Moreover, it is prohibited to mention religion in ID cards and passports. Therefore, it's impossible to collect accurate statistics related to the birth rate in European countries. The Islamophobia and xenophobia are concepts abused for political purposes. Then, people like Brigitte Gabriel or Mark Steyn following Machiavellian principles in dealing with issues like Islamic immigration or the demographic problem, they feel no sin being hypocritical when presenting their argument for their audience. Brigitte Gabriel opinion about the Lebanese civil war is an example of distortion and lying. Briggate knowledge about her country history isn't very sophisticated. Jihadist didn't exist during the Lebanese civil war. The struggle was between secular fractions and militia but never Islamic.

However, people like Brigitte Gabriel or Mark Steyn aren't the only patrons of the hate industry. Robert Spencer is another example of biased views on subjects like Islam. The sword verse (9:5) in the Koran is one favourite subject for Robert Spencer and other critics of Islam. It is absurd that Robert Spencer, religious study graduate from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, ignore the bloody history of Christianity while accusing Islam of violence and spreading out by the sword. Jesus in Math(10:34) didn't promise to bring peace to the earth but sword. In Luke(22:36), he orders his followers to sell their cloaks and buy swords. In fact, Simon Peter, one of Jesus disciples drew his sword and struck the high priest servant, John(18:10). God orders the mass murder of Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites in Det(20:16-18). The old testament contains many verses of God order mass killing because of worship the idols.

In conclusion, the history of Christianity in the past and present illustrates various accounts of violence and brutality. The (1562 1629) war between the Catholic and Protestant contradict with the concept of peace; Europe lost 40% of its population in that war. The colonization movement introduced Christianity to the new world: 150 million natives killed in America, Central America and Australia. The advocates for slavery could recite bible verses to justify kidnapping, torture and slaughtering millions of Africans. Inquisition courts were working with zeal in order to restore Catholicism to Spain. Their victims are Muslims, Jews and anybody who disagree with the Catholic church theology. In our modern times, not the Middle Ages, George.W.Bush declares crusader war and numbers indicate Bible verses were printed on weapons provided for American soldier serving in Iraq.

End

Last edited:
I'm not sure what "the view expressed in this thread" is.
Is it the view that Islamophobia is being used as a political chip today? Then, yes.
Is it the view that historical Christianity five hundred years in the past should be used as a political chip today? Then, no.
Is it the view that all religion is evil? Then, no.
Is it the view that the Spanish Inquisition offsets contemporary jihadist terrorism? Then, no.
Is it the view that jihadist terrorism should not be a political issue? Then, no.
Is it the view that Christianity is a religion of violence? Then, no.

I'm not sure what "the view expressed in this thread" is.
Is it the view that Islamophobia is being used as a political chip today? Then, yes.
Is it the view that historical Christianity five hundred years in the past should be used as a political chip today? Then, no.
Is it the view that all religion is evil? Then, no.
Is it the view that the Spanish Inquisition offsets contemporary jihadist terrorism? Then, no.
Is it the view that jihadist terrorism should not be a political issue? Then, no.
Is it the view that Christianity is a religion of violence? Then, no.

Hi
Thanks for your reply
Islamophobia is used as a political chip, that was one of my points. The other one is that people like Robert Spencer or Anjem Choudary must condiment by both, Christians and Muslims. They don't care about ordinary people and considered them just numbers in their manipulative game. Religion isn't evil, the inquisition courts are. Religion is just an accelerator for own personality and character. If you are a genuine person, then your version of religion and practices will be good and peaceful. And the opposite is true.
I will oppose the term Jihadist. In fact, they are criminals with a very violent history. They twisted the Religious texts for their own purpose. Anybody do such thing should be judged the same way as a jihadist.
I will try to be more precise in next time in expressing the views of the thread.

I will oppose the term Jihadist. In fact, they are criminals with a very violent history. They twisted the Religious texts for their own purpose.

People keep saying this, but nobody has ever given a concrete example. I challenge you to be the first.

In fact, Simon Peter, one of Jesus disciples drew his sword and struck the high priest servant,

End

But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him. (Luke 22:51)

Nice cherry picking out of context.

But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him. (Luke 22:51)

Nice cherry picking out of context.

The question, why he did before?

What????

Btw, I'm still waiting for you to tell us how jihadists have "twisted" Islam. C'mon, you can do it.

First, it is a very long subject how the so-called jihadist twisted Islam. In my opinion, their existence isn't Islamic. They serve their narrow political and economic view, and for sure, the Western powers interest not the interest of Islam and Muslims. second, I wish to tell you that you can direct your questions to Ronald Regan or Margaret Thatcher but the problem that they are deceased. They call these terrorists now, freedom fighters. Finally, it's a waste of time to elaborate on your concerns because it will not change anything from your side.

First, it is a very long subject how the so-called jihadist twisted Islam. In my opinion, their existence isn't Islamic. They serve their narrow political and economic view, and for sure, the Western powers interest not the interest of Islam and Muslims. second, I wish to tell you that you can direct your questions to Ronald Regan or Margaret Thatcher but the problem that they are deceased. They call these terrorists now, freedom fighters. Finally, it's a waste of time to elaborate on your concerns because it will not change anything from your side.

So, that's a no. You can't give us so much as one little example. Not even one . Got it.

So, that's a no. You can't give us so much as one little example. Not even one . Got it.

do you agree with what China is doing to Muslims? Is that a proper way to deal with Islam? (Putting into 'reeducation camps', and using aversion thearpy (torture actually) to get them to embrace theism, the Chinese state and XI in specific?)

do you agree with what China is doing to Muslims? Is that a proper way to deal with Islam? (Putting into 'reeducation camps', and using aversion thearpy (torture actually) to get them to embrace theism, the Chinese state and XI in specific?)

No. Why do you ask?

Do you agree with the Pakistani electorate endorsing the death penalty for those who "insult" Islam?

God bless your ignorance. You make a statement of your own on behalf of someone and agree on that statement too

God bless your ignorance. You make a statement of your own on behalf of someone and agree on that statement too

Here are your words from post #3:

I will oppose the term Jihadist. In fact, they are criminals with a very violent history. They twisted the Religious texts for their own purpose.

When challenged to provide an example to demonstrate how they do that, you can't. All you have to do is give a verse, then explain how it has been manipulated to serve the purposes of those who would do us harm. Should be easy for you if you're correct. But, you aren't. You tell a lie, and I'm going to repeat the challenge every time you repeat the lie.

I answered you. Was that a real question, or were you just trolling again? Never mind. I know the answer to that one too.

Here are your words from post #3:

When challenged to provide an example to demonstrate how they do that, you can't. All you have to do is give a verse, then explain how it has been manipulated to serve the purposes of those who would do us harm. Should be easy for you if you're correct. But, you aren't. You tell a lie, and I'm going to repeat the challenge every time you repeat the lie.

I am not a student of yours to receive questions that I must answer, or I will be the naughty student. Google is full of answers to all your question. In addition, you can find hundreds of Islamic website working full time to answer your concerns if you are looking for answers not just to argue. I expressed my views briefly in that thread. However, details are a totally different case. What is the point of wasting my time to explain in details how the so-called jihadist twisted the verses of the Quran? I told that their existence by itself isn't Islamic in my opinion.

I answered you. Was that a real question, or were you just trolling again? Never mind. I know the answer to that one too.

He is a troller. Don't waste your time with him

I am not a student of yours to receive questions that I must answer, or I will be the naughty student. Google is full of answers to all your question. In addition, you can find hundreds of Islamic website working full time to answer your concerns if you are looking for answers not just to argue. I expressed my views briefly in that thread. However, details are a totally different case. What is the point of wasting my time to explain in details how the so-called jihadist twisted the verses of the Quran? I told that their existence by itself isn't Islamic in my opinion.

YOU made a declarative statement. YOU should be able to back it up.

People keep saying this, but nobody has ever given a concrete example. I challenge you to be the first.

If your interpretation of Islam was correct, there would be a large scale insurgency going on in the United States right now.

After all, we have plenty of Muslims.

But no such thing has occurred.

Gee, I wonder why that is? :roll:

YOU made a declarative statement. YOU should be able to back it up.

The problem is that I don't care about religion to back my declarative statement as you described it. I don't defend religion but a history. I don't find myself obliged to answer every question and every concern of yours and others because I don't have time for it. You notice that I don't log in very often. Throwing accusations is very easy. However, answering them is a different story.

If your interpretation of Islam was correct, there would be a large scale insurgency going on in the United States right now.

After all, we have plenty of Muslims.

But no such thing has occurred.

Gee, I wonder why that is? :roll:

Because most Muslims just want to live peaceful lives?

The problem is that I don't care about religion to back my declarative statement as you described it. I don't defend religion but a history. I don't find myself obliged to answer every question and every concern of yours and others because I don't have time for it. You notice that I don't log in very often. Throwing accusations is very easy. However, answering them is a different story.

Please show what "accusation" I made when I asked You to back up YOUR declarative statement...

If your interpretation of Islam was correct,

What interpretation would that be? I don't interpret Islam, rather I read the Qur'an. Here, you try it: The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

Yusuf Ali: Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. there would be a large scale insurgency going on in the United States right now.

What did you "interpret" from that?

Back
Top Bottom