• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ISIS Wants a Global Civil War

Well, US leadership knows everything they need to know about the enemy: we're NOT in a religious war. We're in a war against a revolutionary gang ala the axis of WWII. What they're are at war about means nothing. They want territory and will use any means to get it and we will deny them that. Just like before.

It's ignorant to think that we're at war with a religion or a religious belief.

Call it what you want, but we need to understand why they are at war. It's religious to them, and we'd better understand that.

A significant number do, and which side do you think those fundamentalists land on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we allow ISIS to have its way and start a war between Islam and Christianity, then no doubt the fundamentalist Muslims will be on the side of Islam. That's one reason (among many) why we don't want ISIS to achieve its goal. Unfortunately, we have fundamentalists on the other side who seem to think a religious war in inevitable.

Call it what you want, but we need to understand why they are at war. It's religious to them, and we'd better understand that.

Again, why they are at war means nothing. Ideology is ideology. War is performed for territorial and social control. Whatever "emotional divers" are used for social controls are positioned for fear to bind the army. That is the motivation. The only thing that matters is when said motivations cross borders and damage another society. The reason we lost in Vietnam, was because said motivations had crossed borders twenty years before we got there and had taken hold of the rural population who cared nothing about motivations. So it goes with a majority of the Middle Eastern population who have the unfortunate circumstance of living in a sectarian society. Control of spiritual destiny has been used as a driver for millennia, and that driver is simply fear. The very same sort of fear that Hitler used to gain his upper hand as did the Romans.

ISIL is using conventional and guerrilla tactics the very same way American Revolutionaries did. The very same way Ho Chi Minh did. US leadership understands that. I - think - that, our real problem is the "proxy" element between the powers. It's like money.

So trying to boil it down to just religion is stupid and only holds people in ignorance and worse yet, plays right into the hands of the enemy as fuel for the fire. THIS IS WHY Democratic leadership in this country refuses, and wisely so, to go down the empty religious road.

So it's not even close as a matter of calling it what we want, it's matter of stripping it to its lowest common denominator so that we can know how to fight it and ultimately defeat it, and western powers are going to have to roll the dice and just go after it before it gets any bigger.

Again, why they are at war means nothing. Ideology is ideology. War is performed for territorial and social control. Whatever "emotional divers" are used for social controls are positioned for fear to bind the army. That is the motivation. The only thing that matters is when said motivations cross borders and damage another society. The reason we lost in Vietnam, was because said motivations had crossed borders twenty years before we got there and had taken hold of the rural population who cared nothing about motivations. So it goes with a majority of the Middle Eastern population who have the unfortunate circumstance of living in a sectarian society. Control of spiritual destiny has been used as a driver for millennia, and that driver is simply fear. The very same sort of fear that Hitler used to gain his upper hand as did the Romans.

ISIL is using conventional and guerrilla tactics the very same way American Revolutionaries did. The very same way Ho Chi Minh did. US leadership understands that. I - think - that, our real problem is the "proxy" element between the powers. It's like money.

So trying to boil it down to just religion is stupid and only holds people in ignorance and worse yet, plays right into the hands of the enemy as fuel for the fire. THIS IS WHY Democratic leadership in this country refuses, and wisely so, to go down the empty religious road.

So it's not even close as a matter of calling it what we want, it's matter of stripping it to its lowest common denominator so that we can know how to fight it and ultimately defeat it, and western powers are going to have to roll the dice and just go after it before it gets any bigger.

Oh looky, he's stooping low to draw an equivalence to our founders. Dude, you are desperate.

Oh looky, he's stooping low to draw an equivalence to our founders. Dude, you are desperate.

The floundering right wing. The typical "personalize the argument" ad-hom fallacy because refuting my argument has become impossible.

War is war American. It has motivations and tactics - full stop. Because of human nature, those motives and tactics are going to be the same; that's why they teach "tactics" at military colleges like West Point. I accept your ceding of the debate.

The floundering right wing. The typical "personalize the argument" ad-hom fallacy because refuting my argument has become impossible.

War is war American. It has motivations and tactics - full stop. Because of human nature, those motives and tactics are going to be the same; that's why they teach "tactics" at military colleges like West Point. I accept your ceding of the debate.

It's a religious war because ISIS made it one. Get use to it.

It's a religious war because ISIS made it one. Get use to it.

If you want to go along with ISIS, then sure, it's a religious war. The Christians vs. the Muslims, just like in Spain and France hundreds of years ago.

If you want to go along with ISIS, then sure, it's a religious war. The Christians vs. the Muslims, just like in Spain and France hundreds of years ago.

You're right, that's precisely how they think.

I think you came in with one.

(chuckle)

Uh, noooo.... I came in with a reasoned, well researched, factual argument, backed by US leadership, and you came in with - emotion.

How about you try and refute the facts as I presented them instead of resorting to simple ad-hom?

You're right, that's precisely how they think.

Don't you realize that he just said that you are under the spell of ISIL?

That's been my point to you. You're not approaching this from an intelligent perspective, but from one that is always trying to find the blue M&M...

If we allow ISIS to have its way and start a war between Islam and Christianity, then no doubt the fundamentalist Muslims will be on the side of Islam. That's one reason (among many) why we don't want ISIS to achieve its goal. Unfortunately, we have fundamentalists on the other side who seem to think a religious war in inevitable.
ISIS is by your own admission spreading and increasing terrorist attacks. Fighting them is inevitable...fight or die. Many fundamentalist Muslims will join them. Conversely...its not conservative religious fundamentalists that oppose them...its anyone with a pulse and a measurable IQ.

I refuse to accept an ignorant perspective.

It is ignorant not to acknowledge reality. ISIS by their own claims are waging Jihad.

Go look up Jihad. Get back to us when you find out what it means.

Don't you realize that he just said that you are under the spell of ISIL?

That's been my point to you. You're not approaching this from an intelligent perspective, but from one that is always trying to find the blue M&M...

You are "under the spell" of ISIL if you believe that this is a religious war. That's what they want, a war between Islam and everyone else in the world.

ISIS is by your own admission spreading and increasing terrorist attacks. Fighting them is inevitable...fight or die. Many fundamentalist Muslims will join them. Conversely...its not conservative religious fundamentalists that oppose them...its anyone with a pulse and a measurable IQ.

Fighting "them" is going on now. "They" are ISIL, though, and not the Muslim world in general.

It is ignorant not to acknowledge reality. ISIS by their own claims are waging Jihad.

Go look up Jihad. Get back to us when you find out what it means.

So, you're saying that the US is waging jihad.

Back
Top Bottom