• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isis present in All 50 states, FBI director says[W:162]

Re: ISIS present in All 50 states, FBI director says

You think it's conservatives who are on food stamps? If so the liberals should rebel and demand this practice be stopped.

So...if it's actually the LIBERALS in the RED states who are on food stamps, then why is it that the BLUE states - you know, the ones with a lot higher proportion of liberals - generally have a LOWER percentage of people on food stamps? Hm?

Funny how conservatives want to blame society's ills on liberals...but when it's pointed out that it's RED states that generally have higher divorce rates, higher food stamp rates, higher teenage pregnancy rates, higher poverty rates, well, that MUST be because of the liberals in the red states, they claim! But when it's pointed out that if that were the case, then the blue states should have even higher rates, but don't...and the argument from conservatives is usually...*crickets*

Oh for ****s sake with this fear mongering.

are you all falling for it? lmao

We we're just debating this topic a few months ago, and all the liberals here said nothing to worry about, no Isis supporters live in the US, blah blah blah.
There were at least 2 in San Bernadino, oh but there couldn't possibly be more, right?

So...if it's actually the LIBERALS in the RED states who are on food stamps, then why is it that the BLUE states - you know, the ones with a lot higher proportion of liberals - generally have a LOWER percentage of people on food stamps? Hm?

Funny how conservatives want to blame society's ills on liberals...but when it's pointed out that it's RED states that generally have higher divorce rates, higher food stamp rates, higher teenage pregnancy rates, higher poverty rates, well, that MUST be because of the liberals in the red states, they claim! But when it's pointed out that if that were the case, then the blue states should have even higher rates, but don't...and the argument from conservatives is usually...*crickets*

Many blue states like Vermont and Oregon are comprised of mostly financially comfortable white liberals. They've isolated themselves in their white Wonderland, which gives them the luxury of being liberal without having to live around the effects of liberalism.

I have no idea whether they are conservatives or liberals receiving food stamps. Do you have any evidence if it's one or the other? If a states are 100% conservative and 100% liberal it would probably be easier to understand the stats. Do you agree?
As it turns out we're in luck! Those fine people over at Pew Research did a scientific study which proved that it is Democrats who have received DOUBLE! the number of food stamps Republicans received. Isn't that interesting? Now, instead of trying to guess at what's going on in each state, and leaping to erroneous and faith-based conclusions, we actually have some facts. The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

Many blue states like Vermont and Oregon are comprised of mostly financially comfortable white liberals. They've isolated themselves in their white Wonderland, which gives them the luxury of being liberal without having to live around the effects of liberalism.

Oh good grief!

It's conservative dogma that liberal policies lead to economic doom-and-gloom, period, end of story. But that's not what the NUMBERS show. If you'll look back at the map of states by level of food stamp recipients (reply #249), California - you know, that ever-more-Hispanic state with lots and lots of blacks in Compton and Oakland - has a lower percentage of food-stamp recipients than ANYplace in the South. Heck, CA's got a lower percentage than Washington state - and WA is a heck of a lot "whiter" than California!

And let's not stop there - look at very, very white West Virginia! What's going on there, hm?

You call yourself "truthatallcost"...so the 'cost' to pay for this truth is "conservative dogma"...because the numbers show it obviously is NOT liberal policies or liberals themselves
that result in high levels of food stamps. In fact, if you'll check, generally speaking, red states have higher rates of divorce, teenage pregnancy, and homicide, and lower rates of educational attainment and health care coverage...

...and you know why? It has NOTHING to do with conservative or liberal governance. Read that again - a progressive is telling you that the crappier standard of living generally found in red states has NOTHING to do with conservative governance. Why? Because - and again, generally speaking - it has everything to do with the level of urbanization. The highest-paying jobs, the best universities, the best hospitals are always found in urban or suburban areas...and never in rural areas...and that, sir, is the root of all the crappier stats found in mostly-rural red states. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule...but those exceptions are only that, and fall far short of disproving the rule.

The cost that I had to pay for "truth at all costs" was getting digitally bitch-slapped by a conservative who forced me to learn that the crappier stats generally found in red states had nothing to do with my liberal assumption that it was the conservatives' own fault. He forced me to learn that it had little to do with political lean, and everything to do with level of urbanization or lack thereof. What I did right was...I listened, and I learned from him. The question for you, then, is...are you able to learn the lesson that another conservative taught me?

Oh good grief!

It's conservative dogma that liberal policies lead to economic doom-and-gloom, period, end of story. But that's not what the NUMBERS show. If you'll look back at the map of states by level of food stamp recipients (reply #249), California - you know, that ever-more-Hispanic state with lots and lots of blacks in Compton and Oakland - has a lower percentage of food-stamp recipients than ANYplace in the South. Heck, CA's got a lower percentage than Washington state - and WA is a heck of a lot "whiter" than California!

And let's not stop there - look at very, very white West Virginia! What's going on there, hm?

You call yourself "truthatallcost"...so the 'cost' to pay for this truth is "conservative dogma"...because the numbers show it obviously is NOT liberal policies or liberals themselves
that result in high levels of food stamps. In fact, if you'll check, generally speaking, red states have higher rates of divorce, teenage pregnancy, and homicide, and lower rates of educational attainment and health care coverage...

...and you know why? It has NOTHING to do with conservative or liberal governance. Read that again - a progressive is telling you that the crappier standard of living generally found in red states has NOTHING to do with conservative governance. Why? Because - and again, generally speaking - it has everything to do with the level of urbanization. The highest-paying jobs, the best universities, the best hospitals are always found in urban or suburban areas...and never in rural areas...and that, sir, is the root of all the crappier stats found in mostly-rural red states. Yes, there are exceptions to the rule...but those exceptions are only that, and fall far short of disproving the rule.

The cost that I had to pay for "truth at all costs" was getting digitally bitch-slapped by a conservative who forced me to learn that the crappier stats generally found in red states had nothing to do with my liberal assumption that it was the conservatives' own fault. He forced me to learn that it had little to do with political lean, and everything to do with level of urbanization or lack thereof. What I did right was...I listened, and I learned from him. The question for you, then, is...are you able to learn the lesson that another conservative taught me?
The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

I have no idea whether they are conservatives or liberals receiving food stamps. Do you have any evidence if it's one or the other? If a states are 100% conservative and 100% liberal it would probably be easier to understand the stats. Do you agree? As it turns out we're in luck! Those fine people over at Pew Research did a scientific study which proved that it is Democrats who have received DOUBLE! the number of food stamps Republicans received. Isn't that interesting? Now, instead of trying to guess at what's going on in each state, and leaping to erroneous and faith-based conclusions, we actually have some facts. The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

Ah, yet another conservative who somehow thinks that total numbers is somehow more important than rate...because your reference is not breaking things down by state.

Here's a clue, guy - if one state with 20 million has a million people on food stamps, yet a second state with 1 million has 100,000 on food stamps, well, gee whiz, Gomer, don'tcha see that the first state has ten times as many people on food stamps?

Thing is, the RATE of people on food stamps is actually TWICE as high in the smaller state than in the larger state...which obviously means that the larger state is doing twice as well as the smaller state at keeping its people OFF food stamps.

That, sir, is why your reference is the wrong reference for this debate - it says nothing about WHERE the RATES are higher...and is dependent only upon a total aggregate.

You think it's conservatives who are on food stamps? If so the liberals should rebel and demand this practice be stopped.

Do you... think conservatives never take social assistance?

And why would I want to stop giving people a little help just because they happen to vote for the other guys? Is that why you oppose food stamps?

We we're just debating this topic a few months ago, and all the liberals here said nothing to worry about, no Isis supporters live in the US, blah blah blah.
There were at least 2 in San Bernadino, oh but there couldn't possibly be more, right?

Link one single post where a liberal claims there are zero ISIS supporters in the US.

Remember, they have to actually say zero.

Thread: Isis present in All 50 states, FBI director says

Wow. Imagine the director of the FBI believing so devoutly in the ancient Egyptian religion?

This ranks right up there with all the terrorist attacks the FBI/CIA/Gestapo - er - Homeland Security claimed to have thwarted....but, of course, cannot prove.

My guess is the ISIS 'cell' in North Dakota is a harmless (but horny) 'white' teenager desperately trying to impress a cute Muslim girl in school whom he (wrongly) assumes is radical (because he is stupid), a 91 year old grandmother in Oregon who has no clue how to work the 'internet' and a puppy in Rhode Island that likes to jump on her owner's laptop when it is on and the owner is away from the desk and ends up gaining access to all kinds of sites because she likes the beeps the keyboard makes.

The FBI usually stinks, the CIA is a joke and Homeland Security/Secret Service are an absolute disgrace, imo.

Ah, yet another conservative who somehow thinks that total numbers is somehow more important than rate...because your reference is not breaking things down by state.

Here's a clue, guy - if one state with 20 million has a million people on food stamps, yet a second state with 1 million has 100,000 on food stamps, well, gee whiz, Gomer, don'tcha see that the first state has ten times as many people on food stamps?

Thing is, the RATE of people on food stamps is actually TWICE as high in the smaller state than in the larger state...which obviously means that the larger state is doing twice as well as the smaller state at keeping its people OFF food stamps.

That, sir, is why your reference is the wrong reference for this debate - it says nothing about WHERE the RATES are higher...and is dependent only upon a total aggregate.
In fact, had you read the report, it breaks it down to Republicans and Democrats so the states have nothing to do with it because you don't have the stats regarding the inhabitants of the state, the people actually living there and using food stamps. You're going by color codes, which is meaningless. The hard fact is that, as expected, Democrats use twice the number of food stamps as Republicans. That's a fact.

Do you... think conservatives never take social assistance?

And why would I want to stop giving people a little help just because they happen to vote for the other guys? Is that why you oppose food stamps?
Now why in the world would you ask a silly question like that? You know how the quote system works, don't you?

Actually your responses are as much for the amusement of others as well as me.

You only speak for yourself, and I DONT CARE!

Link one single post where a liberal claims there are zero ISIS supporters in the US.

Remember, they have to actually say zero.

Because I don't have time to go over posts from 3 months ago, ill say this: Everytime we hear about another terror attack its the same response from liberals. They are shocked, then saddened, then they want to blame US and European culture for causing the attack, then they forget about it until the next attack happens. When they get to the forgetting stage, that's when they start downplaying the risk of terrorism.
They're like people who keep sticking their finger in a electrical outlet and forgetting the outcome.

Because I don't have time to go over posts from 3 months ago, ill say this: Everytime we hear about another terror attack its the same response from liberals. They are shocked, then saddened, then they want to blame US and European culture for causing the attack, then they forget about it until the next attack happens. When they get to the forgetting stage, that's when they start downplaying the risk of terrorism.
They're like people who keep sticking their finger in a electrical outlet and forgetting the outcome.
I agree but my experience has been that the first thing the libs do is claim that no one knows if its a Muslims attack or not so don't jump to conclusions. Then when it's shown ti be Muslims it's 'not all Muslims are terrorists', then 'you have just as much chance of being killed in a terrorist attack as being struck by lightening. Then it's 'what about Christians?' What about the Crusades? All of these excuses tend to meld together into one long disclaimer.

Move along. No Muslims to see here.

This was one of the better examples. Philly mayor should be REMOVED from office after this comment about Muslim shooter - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

I agree but my experience has been that the first thing the libs do is claim that no one knows if its a Muslims attack or not so don't jump to conclusions. Then when it's shown ti be Muslims it's 'not all Muslims are terrorists', then 'you have just as much chance of being killed in a terrorist attack as being struck by lightening. Then it's 'what about Christians?' What about the Crusades? All of these excuses tend to meld together into one long disclaimer.

Move along. No Muslims to see here.

This was one of the better examples. Philly mayor should be REMOVED from office after this comment about Muslim shooter - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

You made some great points man. That's a pretty accurate description of how liberals respond to terrorism.
Yet they totally jump to conclusions that don't even make sense in the case of other attacks, like the Gabby Giffords attack or the Colorado Planned Parenthood attack.

Good link too. We're living in bizarre times when the mayor of a major city cares more about Islam than a police officer who was almost assassinated.

Ahhh so now instead of "zero" it's "downplaying." Quite the backpedal.

Good link too. We're living in bizarre times when the mayor of a major city cares more about Islam than a police officer who was almost assassinated.

No, I think we're living in bizarre times when right-wingers have abandoned core American values and wish to punish an entire religion over the actions of some of its members. See, in the country I believe in, we only punish people who actually commit a crime.

You made some great points man. That's a pretty accurate description of how liberals respond to terrorism.
Yet they totally jump to conclusions that don't even make sense in the case of other attacks, like the Gabby Giffords attack or the Colorado Planned Parenthood attack.

Using the Left-Right Paradigm, it seems to me that neither side can discern the false flag from an actual 'muslim' attack. From Paris to San Bernardino, false flags are portrayed by the MSM as real and muslim caused, even as that is not the case. The weeping and gnashing of teeth, the islamophobia, is just as strong on each side.

Scott Pelley's cognitive dissonance display at SB is a perfect demonstration of that in play.

Using the Left-Right Paradigm, it seems to me that neither side can discern the false flag from an actual 'muslim' attack. From Paris to San Bernardino, false flags are portrayed by the MSM as real and muslim caused, even as that is not the case. The weeping and gnashing of teeth, the islamophobia, is just as strong on each side.

Scott Pelley's cognitive dissonance display at SB is a perfect demonstration of that in play.
I see as much islamophilia as islamophobia. Must be a lot of closest Gay bashers and women haters out there.

I see as much islamophilia as islamophobia. Must be a lot of closest Gay bashers and women haters out there.

I'm not sure of your point, but what examples of islamophilia do you see?

I'm not sure of your point, but what examples of islamophilia do you see?
As a small example I see people blaming the United States for Islamic terrorism, or otherwise making excuses for it. Have you never seen the same?

As a small example I see people blaming the United States for Islamic terrorism, or otherwise making excuses for it. Have you never seen the same?

Perhaps 'islamophilia' is not the right word to describe what you see?

In the sense that the Islamic world has attacked us in several venues, in many of those cases the attacks against us are retaliation for attacks we have made against them, perhaps beginning with our overthrow of Mossadegh and/or our shootdown of an Iranian airliner.

Having been there and personally observed US behavior in Vietnam, it is easy for me to appreciate how other societies, our own included, resent being invaded and pillaged by foreigners. It's not rocket science, only human behavior.

But the other side of the coin in this case of "terrorism" is that so many domestic cases in the US have been made by the FBI tricking low IQ individuals into participating into "terrorist attacks" that never really happen, as it is a sting. That simple fact reveals the weakness of the Global War On Terror as practiced by the US government.

I really wish it were not that way, but it is.

Perhaps 'islamophilia' is not the right word to describe what you see?
Maybe not, but when gays are being hanged from their necks, women being shot and beaten, children being refused a proper education, and yet people make excuses for it, then perhaps you can come up with a better word.
In the sense that the Islamic world has attacked us in several venues, in many of those cases the attacks against us are retaliation for attacks we have made against them, perhaps beginning with our overthrow of Mossadegh and/or our shootdown of an Iranian airliner.
Would you call that defense 'Islamophilia' or just a lack of knowledge of Islamic terrorist activities around the world? You can answer that best.
Having been there and personally observed US behavior in Vietnam, it is easy for me to appreciate how other societies, our own included, resent being invaded and pillaged by foreigners. It's not rocket science, only human behavior.
yes, few have experienced what happened to the Vietnamese people after the Americans left and the communists took over and llived to tell about it.
But the other side of the coin in this case of "terrorism" is that so many domestic cases in the US have been made by the FBI tricking low IQ individuals into participating into "terrorist attacks" that never really happen, as it is a sting. That simple fact reveals the weakness of the Global War On Terror as practiced by the US government.
Yes, it's the FBI up to their dirty tricks again. How about what happened in the Ivory Coast Sunday? More FBI 'dirty tricks'?
I really wish it were not that way, but it is.
What would you have the American government do?

Back
Top Bottom