• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in Northern Iraq

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Aug 15, 2014 Fox News

News from Northern Iraq today that 90 Yazidis were massacred today. Men were slaughtered and women were made slaves. This just a day after President Obama claimed the mission was ended and was successful. Really, "Mission Accomplished" well Obama lied and people died This is very sad. These people did nothing to ISIS. Just tragic.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...di-in-northern-iraq-town-say-iraqi-officials/

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2014 Fox News

News from Northern Iraq today the 90 Yazidis were massacred today. Men were slaughtered and women were made slaves This just a day after President Obama claimed the mission was ended and was successful. Really, "Mission Accomplished" well Obama lied and people died. This is very sad. These people did nothing to ISIS. Just tragic. This is very sad. These people did nothing to ISIS. Just tragic.

ISIS massacres 90 Yazidis in northern Iraq town, say Iraqi officials | Fox News

Heya Sarge.
salute.gif
The good news is.....the Kurds got out over 45k. That would be the Kurds inside Syria. Who knew the Terrorists have to be engaged on the ground to clear a path.

Although.....now that BO has proven to be Boy Blunder again. This wont go over to well those Christians from Other countries. Myself....I hope those Latins start to take notice.

And the US is providing arms to the Kurds that have the PKK (a recognised terror group) fighting along side of them, see any problems with that? Here we go again.

Last edited:
And the US is providing arms to the Kurds that have the BKK (a recognised terror group) fighting along side of them, see any problems with that? Here we go again.

When has Peshmerga fought alongside the PKK?

And the US is providing arms to the Kurds that have the BKK (a recognised terror group) fighting along side of them, see any problems with that? Here we go again.

Heya Monte. :2wave: Well the Kurds say they need heavier arms to counter the Terrorists that are a threat to all around them. You don't have any trouble with the French saying they will arm them immediately now, do ya?

When has Peshmerga fought alongside the PKK?

They were first spotted in the Iraqi Kurdish city of Erbil on August 8, just as US President Barack Obama announced he had authorised airstrikes in northern Iraq against ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria) targets.

In their distinctive khaki-grey uniforms, their ranks including battle-hardened female fighters – a rarity in most parts of the Middle East – they took up positions in and around Erbil, including the Sami Abdulrahman Park, a sprawling green expanse in the heart of the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan.

As the ISIS onslaught inched dangerously close to Erbil, the fighters from the PKK (Kurdistan Worker’s Party) -- a Marxist group that waged a 30-year armed struggle against the Turkish state -- had arrived to help their Iraqi brethren in their fight against the Islamist terrorists.

http://www.france24.com/en/20140815-kurds-isis-pkk-terror-group-iraq-turkey-usa/

Heya Monte. :2wave: Well the Kurds say they need heavier arms to counter the Terrorists that are a threat to all around them. You don't have any trouble with the French saying they will arm them immediately now, do ya?

Howdy MMC, I don't know about that. But the PKK is in Erbil fighting IS.

Howdy MMC, I don't know about that. But the PKK is in Erbil fighting IS.

Well that's good....as it should be hunting season on ISIL. By everyone.....even the Russians should be getting in some target practice.

They were first spotted in the Iraqi Kurdish city of Erbil on August 8, just as US President Barack Obama announced he had authorised airstrikes in northern Iraq against ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria) targets.

In their distinctive khaki-grey uniforms, their ranks including battle-hardened female fighters – a rarity in most parts of the Middle East – they took up positions in and around Erbil, including the Sami Abdulrahman Park, a sprawling green expanse in the heart of the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan.

As the ISIS onslaught inched dangerously close to Erbil, the fighters from the PKK (Kurdistan Worker’s Party) -- a Marxist group that waged a 30-year armed struggle against the Turkish state -- had arrived to help their Iraqi brethren in their fight against the Islamist terrorists.

Middle East - Strange bedfellows: terror groups, Kurdish factions unite against ISIS - France 24

Thanks for the link.

In any case, the violent phase of the PKK conflict has ended, so it's unlikely that this will cause regional instability. Allowing the PKK to indirectly pick up weapons and fight alongside Peshmerga is preferable to allowing ISIS to run rampant.

Well that's good....as it should be hunting season on ISIL. By everyone.....even the Russians should be getting in some target practice.

The whole reason IS is the problem that they are now, is that they were strengthened in part by arms being sent into Syria by the US. So lets just further the problem along.

Thanks for the link.

In any case, the violent phase of the PKK conflict has ended, so it's unlikely that this will cause regional instability. Allowing the PKK to indirectly pick up weapons and fight alongside Peshmerga is preferable to allowing ISIS to run rampant.

Right, we seem constantly to be running around stomping on flames that spread from a fire we lit over there!

The whole reason IS is the problem that they are now, is that they were strengthened in part by arms being sent into Syria by the US. So lets just further the problem along.

All the more reason to take these guys out.....they have taken 3 Iraqi military bases and one of Assad's. They have the best tech to fight with.....US and Russian.

Past mistakes.....isn't solving any immediate problem with them anyways.

Thanks for the link.

Kurdistan was fighting for its existence near the capital. Who wouldn't accept any help offered. It's not as if 'fighting alongside' meant what was implied, that being the use/employment of PKK by the Kurd army for similar ends. The only goal they shared was continued existence.

Last edited:
All the more reason to take these guys out.....they have taken 3 Iraqi military bases and one of Assad's. They have the best tech to fight with.....US and Russian.

Past mistakes.....isn't solving any immediate problem with them anyways.

I hear ya man, but I'm fed up with making mistake after mistake with partisan support that comes back to bite us in the ass over and over and over. We need to get our incompetent asses OUT of the ME.

A U.S. Department of Defense official confirmed that a series of covert supply missions by the Central Intelligence Agency using Iraqi-flagged aircraft had delivered much-needed ammunition and weapons to Irbil at the height of the crisis. Public statements by administration officials indicate that more aid could be in the pipeline.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/08/12/3615402/us-airstrikes-helped-but-kurds.html#storylink=cpy

Same **** done in Syria that ended up in IS hands.

Last edited:
I hear ya man, but I'm fed up with making mistake after mistake with partisan support that comes back to bite us in the ass over and over and over. We need to get our incompetent asses OUT of the ME.

Look it has nothing to due with Partisan support.....both parties foreign policy people got it wrong in dealing with those in the ME. Yet the bottomline is....if the US had done absolutely nothing. The death toll and all the problems you see there. Would be 10 times greater. As well as ten times harder to control.

Which say nothing when looking at our own interests by themselves.

Look it has nothing to due with Partisan support.....both parties foreign policy people got it wrong in dealing with those in the ME. Yet the bottomline is....if the US had done absolutely nothing. The death toll and all the problems you see there. Would be 10 times greater. As well as ten times harder to control.

Which say nothing when looking at our own interests by themselves.

Look at the partisans on the left that covered for Benghazi, which bit us in the ass while covertly running arms from that annex to Turkey, who was tasked with vetting the syrian rebels, but arms fell into the wrong hands and now IS is spreading all over, just as China and Russia warned it would. Incompetence!

That's an Iraqi problem. Wee shouldn't be involved

Look at the partisans on the left that covered for Benghazi, which bit us in the ass while covertly running arms from that annex to Turkey, who was tasked with vetting the syrian rebels, but arms fell into the wrong hands and now IS is spreading all over, just as China and Russia warned it would. Incompetence!

Yeah, while Russia and Chinas Weapons kept spreading elsewhere.....while Iran and Qatar kept funding Terrorists. Whats forgotten.....is we don't control what they do nor think up to create any other intentional difficulties for us. Nor are we responsible for the actions and intent of others.

We shouldn't intervene in cases of genocide?
In that region, we just need to stay out. Once their culture matures and there isn't a constant state of violence, we can reconsider because at that point there is a chance of lasting good.

Until then, we need to give up on helping them

Yeah, while Russia and Chinas Weapons kept spreading elsewhere.....while Iran and Qatar kept funding Terrorists. Whats forgotten.....is we don't control what they do nor think up to create any other intentional difficulties for us. Nor are we responsible for the actions and intent of others.

I'm not concerned with the intent of others. I'm concerned with the trouble that American policy has caused in the ME. And you and other conservatives are confusing on this because you love to trash Obama on his foreign policy, and at the same time defend it, strange.

In that region, we just need to stay out. Once their culture matures and there isn't a constant state of violence, we can reconsider because at that point there is a chance of lasting good.

Until then, we need to give up on helping them

I, for one, don't really think we should sit back and allow genocide to occur at the behest of a terrorist state simply because we judge their culture as being inferior to ours. Even if sustained intervention in the ME is a mistake, a line should at least be drawn at genocide.

Back
Top Bottom