• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ISIS is a distraction from the real threat

JRForThePeople

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In my honest opinion, ISIS is nowhere near as big of a threat to the U.S. as they are made out to be. They are a group of radicals who are growing which, granted, is very scary to the American peopl . But the dear of them is rooted deeply in America's fear if Muslims. The real threat to our country is China. China, I believe, have a plot to takeover America through the economy. They own over 1 trillion of our debt, the largest stakeholders, and I believe they will eventually start taking american land as a way to pay off said debt. This is just an opinion that I and many others have and I am curious how others feel.

In my honest opinion, ISIS is nowhere near as big of a threat to the U.S. as they are made out to be. They are a group of radicals who are growing which, granted, is very scary to the American peopl . But the dear of them is rooted deeply in America's fear if Muslims. The real threat to our country is China. China, I believe, have a plot to takeover America through the economy. They own over 1 trillion of our debt, the largest stakeholders, and I believe they will eventually start taking american land as a way to pay off said debt. This is just an opinion that I and many others have and I am curious how others feel.

Pretty much one of the silliest things I have read on this site.

America is the largest holder of U.S. debt. And while China does rank #1 at 7.2%, Japan is a very close second at 7.0%. Meanwhile, foreign investors, primarily from America, own about one-third of China's provincial debt - or roughly 17% of the Chinese GDP. The only real concern here is whether the U.S. Treasury will remain the most likely place for foreign investors to send their money - not that China will "cash in" on its debt for any real, tangible property. It just doesn't work like that.

With that said, I tend to agree that Daesh is largely not a threat to the United States or many of its interests. I just don't believe that China should be considered the big and bad boogeyman.

In my honest opinion, ISIS is nowhere near as big of a threat to the U.S. as they are made out to be. They are a group of radicals who are growing which, granted, is very scary to the American peopl . But the dear of them is rooted deeply in America's fear if Muslims.
Of course. Daesh a group of extremists running amok in Iraq and Syria with guns and jeeps -- not some Die Hard international terrorist ring that poses any sort of large threat to Western nations. There's no more threat from them than any other violent non-state actors in the world whether they be gangs, militias or terrorist organizations. Look at the Mexican drug cartels who have directly claimed more American lives and inflicted more damage than Daesh.

My theory is that the only reason Daesh is made out to be such a big threat to the U.S. is because it fits the narrative of the conservative right's views on the ME and Iraq/Afghanistan wars. In that you have violent extremist Islamists who supposedly hate America because they stand against America values. Which for the America value voter is a crisis of epic, world-ending proportions -- How dare there be someone who stands opposed to my American values!?

The real threat to our country is China. China, I believe, have a plot to takeover America through the economy. They own over 1 trillion of our debt, the largest stakeholders, and I believe they will eventually start taking american land as a way to pay off said debt. This is just an opinion that I and many others have and I am curious how others feel.
I disagree. I think the way that world events are trending, the China-US relations will be resolved in the next few decades either via China's failure to prevent its own liberalization; or the world's crash course towards globalization resulting in a lot of national sovereignty shifting towards international governing bodies.

Last edited:
America is the largest holder of U.S. debt. And while China does rank #1 at 7.2%, Japan is a very close second at 7.0%. Meanwhile, foreign investors, primarily from America, own about one-third of China's provincial debt - or roughly 17% of the Chinese GDP. The only real concern here is whether the U.S. Treasury will remain the most likely place for foreign investors to send their money - not that China will "cash in" on its debt for any real, tangible property. It just doesn't work like that.

With that said, I tend to agree that Daesh is largely not a threat to the United States or many of its interests. I just don't believe that China should be considered the big and bad boogeyman.

China isn't the boogeyman, I think the thing to be worried about them is whether, or rather 'when' , they will self destruct because of their own economic policies.

Back
Top Bottom