• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ISIS and the Militia

Really? Where/when did that happen?

408252_323604661073700_1960506477_n_zps5skuyrdo.jpg

Reagan was senile.

Really? Where/when did that happen?

408252_323604661073700_1960506477_n_zps5skuyrdo.jpg
The 2nd was not passed to provide for shooting sports, hunting, or self and home defense. It was passed for defense of nation and Constitution.

The 2nd was not passed to provide for shooting sports, hunting, or self and home defense. It was passed for defense of nation and Constitution.

Huh. Perhaps Ronnie was too much of a rutabaga by that point to realize that.

Huh. Perhaps Ronnie was too much of a rutabaga by that point to realize that.
Lets play. YOU posted it, so you obviously agree with him. Do you agree with EVERYTHING Reagan said? Are you a similarly mentally committed partisan democrat? Or is it possible...POSSIBLE mind you...to have differing opinions on some subjects?

Lets play. YOU posted it, so you obviously agree with him.

No, I posted it to counter the notion that all cons are against regulating such weapons. Ever revered figures like St. Ronnie.
Do you agree with EVERYTHING Reagan said?

I agree with almost nothing that pathetic old figurehead ever said. Thanks for asking.
Are you a similarly mentally committed partisan democrat? Or is it possible...POSSIBLE mind you...to have differing opinions on some subjects?

I'm not a democrat. And yes, it's possible to have differing opinions. I never suggested otherwise.

No, I posted it to counter the notion that all cons are against regulating such weapons. Ever revered figures like St. Ronnie.

I agree with almost nothing that pathetic old figurehead ever said. Thanks for asking.

I'm not a democrat. And yes, it's possible to have differing opinions. I never suggested otherwise.
Nothing you are saying is in any way relevant to the comments you were posting in response to. "I just don't get liberals. We get attacked, they want to ban guns.If ISIS is a threat, would it not make better sense to have more guns in the hands of our law abiding citizens?"

Nothing you are saying is in any way relevant to the comments you were posting in response to. "I just don't get liberals. We get attacked, they want to ban guns.If ISIS is a threat, would it not make better sense to have more guns in the hands of our law abiding citizens?"

LOL! I only posted in reply to the OP, and it was quite relevant to that.

Frankly, I don't think somebody deranged enough to shoot up a school would really be deterred by any of that. Look at what happened during the North Hollywood Shootout. Of course, it wasn't a school, but still.

How many police stations are targets of these sorts of things? Gun ranges? Hunting clubs? Rap concerts?

Why do you think that is?

Average Joe Schmoes do it every day.

Once somebody is in the military or police and has made it through basic training their hardly your average Joe Schmoe anymore.

How many police stations are targets of these sorts of things? Gun ranges? Hunting clubs? Rap concerts?

Why do you think that is?

How many people do you think there really are to kill at a gun range? When you compare it to a school, the greater damage to American physic can be done at a school over a police station every time.

How many people do you think there really are to kill at a gun range? When you compare it to a school, the greater damage to American physic can be done at a school over a police station every time.

I disagree. The greater damage to our psyche would be for ISIS to walk into a police station in a major US city and slaughter every cop in the joint. That would scare the hell out of everyone in the country.

Some scumbag shooting up a bunch of innocent kids or harmless gays, though tragic and disgusting, is not a threat to our sense of security. But, wipe out Fort Apache in the Bronx...holy ****!

I disagree. The greater damage to our psyche would be for ISIS to walk into a police station in a major US city and slaughter every cop in the joint. That would scare the hell out of everyone. Some scumbag shooting up a bunch of innocent kids or harmless gays, though tragic and disgusting, is not a threat to our sense of security. But, wipe out Fort Apache in the Bronx...holy ****!

That's a valid point.

That was my thought as well. If this had been a country bar that had been attacked, that guy would been found wrapped in duck tape, hanging by his feet from a power pole with "multiple bruises and contusions". In a club stocked with a lot of chairs, just everyone picking one up and throwing at the guy as hard as they could would have stopped the whole thing dead in it's tracks. People need to be reminded of Flight 93 on a regular basis.

True, but Flight 93 still crashed.

Patrons with guns? No. Someone at the club/bar with a gun? Bar tender, owner, bouncer even? Sure.

First graders with guns? Obviously not. One or two designated, qualified people who conceal carry? Why not?
Yes, patrons with guns. If adults are expected to know they've had too much to drink to operate a vehicle, they can likewise be expected to carry responsibly. It works in the states that don't make bars GFZs, such as Georgia, Minnesota, and South Carolina to name a few.

And you think the sandy hook shooter was concerned with damaging our moral? No, it's body count. Well, there's a lot of people at police stations at any given time, and tons at rap concerts.

Why aren't they ever the targets of mass shootings? Or NRA chapter meetings? Hundreds of people at those, locally, even here in ct.

Yes, patrons with guns. If adults are expected to know they've had too much to drink to operate a vehicle, they can likewise be expected to carry responsibly. It works in the states that don't make bars GFZs, such as Georgia, Minnesota, and South Carolina to name a few.

Not even in the Wild West were folks allowed to keep their guns while at a bar. Just because it's legal to do so in those states don't mean the owners themselves allow it. In FROM SC, and I've never seen a bar or night club that lets people carry while there. Maybe some ****hole in the sticks that has 6 regulars per night...but nowhere urban, that actually does a decent business.

.. and they saved the lives of the people that plane was intended to be used to kill..

True. Still, we had intel on Bin Laden but didn't put the pieces together. Had we done so, 9/11 may have never happened in the first place.

Once somebody is in the military or police and has made it through basic training their hardly your average Joe Schmoe anymore.
Look at my avatar. Meet Kiera Schmoe.

People do this every day. Even little kids.

Not even in the Wild West were folks allowed to keep their guns while at a bar. Just because it's legal to do so in those states don't mean the owners themselves allow it. In FROM SC, and I've never seen a bar or night club that lets people carry while there. Maybe some ****hole in the sticks that has 6 regulars per night...but nowhere urban, that actually does a decent business.
Well, you've probably haven't seen it in SC yet since the [URL=" http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/16/guns-now-allowed-in-south-carolina-bars-and-restaurants/" ]law was just signed Tuesday[/url]. Now SC joins the other 46 states that allow carry where alcohol is served. Hopefully, Florida will follow suit soon so that massacres like Sunday will stop.

Back
Top Bottom