• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Isaiah 53

Binyamin

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Isaiah 53, what do you believe???

I have no idea who Isaiah is referring to here.

I see how the Christians used this passage as a paradigm for the Christ character, however I would like your input.

Lucidthots said:
I have no idea who Isaiah is referring to here.

I see how the Christians used this passage as a paradigm for the Christ character, however I would like your input.
It follows the same theme as Isaiah 52. To say otherwise is ignorance, and to say that Isaiah 53 is about Jesus, requires pure ignorance, to the point where you're not even looking at the text.

Binyamin said:
It follows the same theme as Isaiah 52. To say otherwise is ignorance, and to say that Isaiah 53 is about Jesus, requires pure ignorance, to the point where you're not even looking at the text.

Benyamin: Do you know what the word P A R A D I G M means?

I highlighted it and everything!

Like I said, I dont know who Isaiah is referring to.

Question:

Is Isaiah writing about an actual person from his time or, is this simply a metaphor for some deeper meaning?

What do you think?

Lucidthots said:
Like I said, I dont know who Isaiah is referring to.

Question:

Is Isaiah writing about an actual person from his time or, is this simply a metaphor for some deeper meaning?

What do you think?
It's talking about the nation of Israel, nothing more.

I assume all Christians agree with this, correct?

And I wasn't calling you ignorant, I was saying people who do think it talks about Jesus are ignorant. :2razz:

Binyamin said:
It's talking about the nation of Israel, nothing more.

I assume all Christians agree with this, correct?

And I wasn't calling you ignorant, I was saying people who do think it talks about Jesus are ignorant.

Yes a metaphor for the trials of the Israelites...that makes sense.

I am not a Christian, however I do believe that Christians think it is a Prophecy of the Coming Messiah i.e., Christ.

You are right though, anyone who thinks Isaiah is talking about Jesus is being deeply ridiculous.

Benyamin:

I just read your post about "reincarnation by FinMAcCool."

I answered your other thread about Christianity and reincarnation with the exact quote from the Gospel regarding Elijah reincarnating as John the Baptist.

Why do you lie and tell people that Christianity does not believe in reincarnation?

Is it okay for Jews to lie to people?

Do you want me to direct you to the exact gospel referrences to reincarnation?

Lucidthots said:
Benyamin:

I just read your post about "reincarnation by FinMAcCool."

I answered your other thread about Christianity and reincarnation with the exact quote from the Gospel regarding Elijah reincarnating as John the Baptist.

Why do you lie and tell people that Christianity does not believe in reincarnation?

Is it okay for Jews to lie to people?

Do you want me to direct you to the exact gospel referrences to reincarnation?
Do you have a link to that thread? :smile:

Binyamin said:
Do you have a link to that thread? :smile:

I just brought it up for you on the other thread.

There are several passages in the Gospels elluding to reincarnation.

One of the most significant is this one of John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah.

Matthew 17: 10-13

Lucidthots said:
I just brought it up for you on the other thread.

There are several passages in the Gospels elluding to reincarnation.

One of the most significant is this one of John the Baptist as the reincarnation of Elijah.

Matthew 17: 10-13
Maybe you believe that, but does mainstream Christianity???

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5695

I was looking in that thread for the response, lol.

Binyamin said:
Maybe you believe that, but does mainstream Christianity???

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=5695

I was looking in that thread for the response, lol.

Christians dont know what they are talking about.

If you want a good laugh go read the thread with me debating Apostate13 and alldweeb (Apostle13 and Alphieb) on "Jesus died for our sins so what?"

I was reading them the words of Christ straight from the gospels (and variations) and they were calling me "evil".

They had no clue what was going on.

I had them playing the role of the Pharisee and the Sadducee while I played the role Christ.

And they unwittingly threw their proverbial stones.

Lucidthots said:
Christians dont know what they are talking about.

If you want a good laugh go read the thread with me debating Apostate13 and alldweeb (Apostle13 and Alphieb) on "Jesus died for our sins so what?"

I was reading them the words of Christ straight from the gospels (and variations) and they were calling me "evil".

They had no clue what was going on.

I had them playing the role of the Pharisee and the Sadducee while I played the role Christ.

And they unwittingly threw their proverbial stones.
Wait till someone claims Isaiah 53 talks about Jesus...

Then it will be funny.

Binyamin said:
Wait till someone claims Isaiah 53 talks about Jesus...

Then it will be funny.

I believe you.

Back
Top Bottom