• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is your partner politically minded?

...who has a habit of flipping out at opinions he does not agree with. I tend to stay quiet around them as well.)

He seems a bit like how my father is. Ironically, he supports human rights and justice in society, but at the same time wont let any of us express our opinions.

I'm sure it occasionally says "baaaaaa" :2razz:

HaHa! Now, I know what to say to those who declare they are not interested in politics and dont talk about it, in that way that seems to be judging me for being interested in it and for talking about it.

He seems a bit like how my father is. Ironically, he supports human rights and justice in society, but at the same time wont let any of us express our opinions.

My father in law is a real life stereotype for the worst traits of christian conservatism.

ok, i'll bite........please explain this sanctity of marriage difference.

LOL - you know, marriage according to the Bible VS a "secular" marriage. . ."cleave to in the flesh" and all that 'traditional' marriage stuff.

LOL - you know, marriage according to the Bible VS a "secular" marriage. . ."cleave to in the flesh" and all that 'traditional' marriage stuff.

I tried to cleave to the flesh yesterday and all my wife would say to me is that it is way too hot in this house for that sort of thing.

I tried to cleave to the flesh yesterday and all my wife would say to me is that it is way too hot in this house for that sort of thing.

LOL
I cleave - day in and day out - and it was 90 in the house last night . . . mmm mmm!

That's what god made showers for.

No, that's what God made air conditioning for.

Sex isn't all that comfortable standing up, unless it's an extreme quickie. I don't want to get fallen arches because I have to nut.

My wife is mostly bored with politics unless something interests her on the news, then she voices her opinion.
We usually don't agree on a lot of stuff when it comes to that.

It's cool though because I didn't marry her for political reasons. :mrgreen:

Sex isn't all that comfortable standing up, unless it's an extreme quickie. I don't want to get fallen arches because I have to nut.

The shower's for cooling off when things get too hot - like that. :rofl

And god made air conditioning straight up expensive - Fixing our unit and running it during het summer would likely be an extra $150.00/month that we aint go to toss around. :(

Last edited:
Yup, husband is interested in politics (and posts here in DP as well). He is the one who showed me in this site, although ive always been interested in politics. Our political views are pretty well matched.. Im just a touch more conservative than he is in a few areas.

You are so yucky.

My wife is not at all. We occasionally discuss current political issues, and she votes regularly, but that's as far as it goes.

Back
Top Bottom