• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is voting twice illegal?

The attorney general of US said he didn’t know if it was illegal to vote twice.
Anyone know if of it’s illegal or not?

Bill Barr Not Sure If Trump’s Plan to Vote Twice is Legal

What's even illegal nowadays when you have a whole floor dedicated to office an army of lawyers working diligently trying to find ways to skirt the law? And having the Attorney General in Trump's back-pocket is, in and of itself, a clear sign that laws do not matter to Trumpcorp, to anybody paying attention.

That was just another seed Planted by Trump to cast doubt on the upcoming elections, should he lose. It is a tactic called "poisoning the well."

You can also expect Trump poll monitors to come back with all kinds of fraudulent accusations, should Trump lose. But, rest assured, should Trump win, their reports will be glowing.

America is being set-up. It should be obvious to anyone paying attention capable of critical thought.

If Trump loses, expect a VERY SORE loser. And I would not put anything past his alt-world thinking base should that happen.

But, rest assured, should Trump win, their reports will be glowing.

Nope. Even then they will claim millions of fraudulent Dems voters because Trump must win by bigger margins than whatever it will be... Just like 2016 (but now maybe even more organized and worse)

QUICK! Someone start another thread on this. There needs to be at least 20. :roll:

It's illeagal twice and it's illeaga to intice someone to vote twice in NC. Trump broke the law again! :shock:

Voting twice is illegal under both North Carolina and federal law. In North Carolina, it is also illegal “to induce” someone else to fraudulently cast a ballot.

Trump suggests North Carolina residents vote twice. Which is illegal - MarketWatch

it's illegal, but Republicans don't care much about election laws.

That is determined by the states. If two states allowed a gap you could fall into then one could vote twice. Some states apparently do not have laws prohibiting it which can be a source of confusion with snowbirds I think, or at least did not.

Nobody has suggested that people vote twice.

What was suggested is to mail in your vote. On election day, go to the polls and find out if your vote has been received. If it has, then the poll won't allow you to vote again. If it hasn't, cast your vote. This is a way to ensure your vote is counted.

What Barr was saying is he's not sure if states allow a person to come to the poll on election day to check if their vote has been received.

In any case, it is not legal to vote twice.

btw, let's say, hypothetically, that someone...say, the Russians (or, it could be nefarious Party members)...got my ballot and sent my vote in for me. I haven't received my mail-in ballot. I blow it off until election day and then decide to go to the in-person poll to cast my vote. They tell me I already voted, but I know I haven't.

What should be done about that?

Last edited:
There is a federal law against voting twice as well - in addition to state laws.

52 U.S. Code SS 10307 - Prohibited acts | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

"(3) As used in this subsection, the term “votes more than once” does not include the casting of an additional ballot if all prior ballots of that voter were invalidated, nor does it include the voting in two jurisdictions under section 10502 of this title, to the extent two ballots are not cast for an election to the same candidacy or office."

It would appear as if one could still vote twice in an election for state or local offices and such in 2 different states during the same election day.

it's illegal, but Republicans don't care much about election laws.

The party of LAW AND ORDER with a compete disdain for the rule of law.

The party of LAW AND ORDER with a compete disdain for the rule of law.

As long as they can piss off the libs, everything else is flexible.

"(3) As used in this subsection, the term “votes more than once” does not include the casting of an additional ballot if all prior ballots of that voter were invalidated, nor does it include the voting in two jurisdictions under section 10502 of this title, to the extent two ballots are not cast for an election to the same candidacy or office."

It would appear as if one could still vote twice in an election for state or local offices and such in 2 different states during the same election day.

Try it.

Eg_4x8sWAAk17_N

It's illeagal twice and it's illeaga to intice someone to vote twice in NC. Trump broke the law again! :shock:

Really? If my mail-in vote has not been counted by election day, have I actually voted?

QUICK! Someone start another thread on this. There needs to be at least 20. :roll:

You never criticized Barr in the other 19 so yeah, we need more.

Really? If my mail-in vote has not been counted by election day, have I actually voted?

Somebody needs to explain to me how all trump supporters aren't in prison.

What's even illegal nowadays when you have a whole floor dedicated to office an army of lawyers working diligently trying to find ways to skirt the law? And having the Attorney General in Trump's back-pocket is, in and of itself, a clear sign that laws do not matter to Trumpcorp, to anybody paying attention.

That was just another seed Planted by Trump to cast doubt on the upcoming elections, should he lose. It is a tactic called "poisoning the well."

You can also expect Trump poll monitors to come back with all kinds of fraudulent accusations, should Trump lose. But, rest assured, should Trump win, their reports will be glowing.

America is being set-up. It should be obvious to anyone paying attention capable of critical thought.

If Trump loses, expect a VERY SORE loser. And I would not put anything past his alt-world thinking base should that happen.

They've proven themselves to be irrational haters of all things American except White Nationalism. It's not a bad thing that one of them found out that some of us lefties can shoot pretty damned straight.

Somebody needs to explain to me how all trump supporters aren't in prison.

Biden supporters claim mail in voting is safe, secure and reliable becasue you can track your ballot.

Where's My Ballot? | California Secretary of State

If I logon on election day, and my vote has not been counted, I will vote in person on the assumption that my ballot was lost, hijacked, stolen, thrown away ...

Biden supporters claim mail in voting is safe, secure and reliable becasue you can track your ballot.

Where's My Ballot? | California Secretary of State

If I logon on election day, and my vote has not been counted, I will vote in person on the assumption that my ballot was lost, hijacked, stolen, thrown away ...

Knock yourself out. We always need more license plates.

Trump suggesting that voters vote twice, is like me telling you to rob the local bank and see if their security is up to snuff!

Trump suggesting that voters vote twice, is like me telling you to rob the local bank and see if their security is up to snuff!

"If the bank's security is good then it won't be successful! No harm no foul!"

Back
Top Bottom