• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trumpism officially a cult?

Is Trumpism a Cult?

• Yes, absolutely. Trump's supporters are text book cultists.

Votes: 47 74.6%
  • I'M NOT A CULT YOUR A CULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I mean it's close, but I don't want to say it out loud.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I'm one of those nitpicky people who feels the need to say that not all of them are.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • No, I am not a Trump supporter and I would definitely not classify any of his supporters that way.

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
It would depend on the definition. However many supporters display cult like behavior. I'm not sure if there's a word for "not quite a cult but certainly heading in that direction."
protocult?

It would depend on the definition. However many supporters display cult like behavior. I'm not sure if there's a word for "not quite a cult but certainly heading in that direction."
Yeah, it's not Heaven's Gate level cultish of course, but believing nutty stuff, defending their leader no matter what and donating money to support the cause and their leader is cultlike. . It's fair say other leaders inspire cultlike behavior, but I've never been witness to the level as I've seen with some Trumpers.

The media of Reagan's day hated him as much as if not more than they hate Trump today. I lived through it I know.
Reagan was America’s cowboy. The media loved the guy. History, however, has a different take on his presidency. He sucked.

Reagan jacked up debt, had very poor bang for the buck as shown by his anemic growth in private sector gdp. He decimated our cities, left millions homeless, many of whom were vets. He ushered in the crack epidemic and ignored the one called AIDS.

What delicious irony posted by a devout anti-Trumper.
Hear!Hear!

The many devout anti-Trumpers who voted for The 😇😷😤😳😩😱Hidin’ Biden liar are blinded to the fact they have joined “The 🤐🥸Biden Cult of No Personality”

imho Roseann:)

Hear!Hear!

The many devout anti-Trumpers who voted for The 😇😷😤😳😩😱Hidin’ Biden liar are blinded to the fact they have joined “The 🤐🥸Biden Cult of No Personality”

imho Roseann:)

I guess I don't get the angry "Trump cult" obsession that has permeated many forum threads like last week's garbage...
Maybe they could explain why so many live rent-free in their heads? 🥴

People who are in cults believe that everyone around them is lying. Everyone around them is corrupt. Everyone around them is immoral and untrustworthy except for one man. Their cult leader. He's the only one speaking the truth and he has been hand-chosen by God to save them and to save all humanity.

That literally describes Donald Trump's supporters.

You could argue that it also describes most religions, but I've often said that a Religion is just what you call a cult once it's gotten big enough and powerful enough you need to be more careful about insulting it.

In modern English, a cult is a social group that is defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or by its common interest in a particular personality, object, or goal. This sense of the term is controversial, having divergent definitions both in popular culture and academia, and has also been an ongoing source of contention among scholars across several fields of study.[1][2]:348–56 It is usually considered pejorative.

An older description of the word cult is a set of religious devotional practices that are conventional within their culture, are related to a particular figure, and are often associated with a particular place. References to the "cult" of a particular Catholic saint, or the imperial cult of ancient Rome, for example, use this sense of the word.

While the literal and original sense of the word remains in use in the English language, a derived sense of "excessive devotion" arose in the 19th century.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult#cite_note-3 Beginning in the 1930s, cults became the object of sociological study in the context of the study of religious behavior.[3] From the 1940s the Christian countercult movement has opposed some sects and new religious movements, and it labelled them as cults for their unorthodox beliefs. The secular anti-cult movement began in the 1970s and it opposed certain groups, often charging them with mind control and partly motivated in reaction to acts of violence committed by some of their members. Some of the claims and actions of the anti-cult movement have been disputed by scholars and by the news media, leading to further public controversy.

Reagan was America’s cowboy. The media loved the guy. History, however, has a different take on his presidency. He sucked.

Reagan jacked up debt, had very poor bang for the buck as shown by his anemic growth in private sector gdp. He decimated our cities, left millions homeless, many of whom were vets. He ushered in the crack epidemic and ignored the one called AIDS.

No, no, no, the leftist media hated Reagan as much, if not more, than Trump. It was only after Reagan's death did they realize how much he was loved by the people. I believe the same thing will happen with Trump.

No, no, no, the leftist media hated Reagan as much, if not more, than Trump. It was only after Reagan's death did they realize how much he was loved by the people. I believe the same thing will happen with Trump.
You have evidence for this?

You have evidence for this?

You must be pretty young then. When Reagan was shot by the assassin John Hinkley SNL actually did a comedy skit about it. That's how bad it was. They hated W Bush too in case you didn't notice. See a pattern there?

You must be pretty young then. When Reagan was shot by the assassin John Hinkley SNL actually did a comedy skit about it. That's how bad it was. They hated W Bush too in case you didn't notice. See a pattern there?
First off, aren't we talking about his campaign? Second, SNL makes skits out of every president.

I guess I don't get the angry "Trump cult" obsession that has permeated many forum threads like last week's garbage...
Maybe they could explain why so many live rent-free in their heads? 🥴
I don’t get it either?

Perhaps, the explanation could be confusion...based on the use of the “rent-free” wording and thinking it’s like getting the politicians promised freebies in exchange for votes?🥴

Roseann:)

I don’t get it either?

Perhaps, the explanation could be confusion...based on the use of the “rent-free” wording and thinking it’s like getting the politicians promised freebies in exchange for votes?🥴

Cult:

See?

I did not have Nuremberg rallies coming to America on my 21st Century Bingo Card. You?

I so agree with this! As a perfect example, thousands of those people who love Trump are gathered in support in GA tonight.

Cult:

See?

Jim Jones and his flock left the USA and entered a Guyana Jungle to live in a commune named Jonestown.

All of those American Citizen Voters will not be following Trump out of the USA into a jungle to drink poisoned kool-aid and die.

They will all be going back to their individual homes, families and live their lives.

They are not the type to live in communes and practice drinking kool-aid that may some day contain poison.

They are independent thinkers and not followers.

imho The comparison to cult followers of Jim Jones is simple the usual 🍊man 👹 propaganda 🤢🤮

Jim Jones and his flock left the USA and entered a Guyana Jungle to live in a commune named Jonestown.

All of those American Citizen Voters will not be following Trump out of the USA into a jungle to drink poisoned kool-aid and die.
I wouldn't bet on that. If Rush, Sean and all the other mouthpieces the idiots listen to said Don was forming a perfect Union in a land far away, more than half his supporters would follow Der Leader.

Hillary didn't call those morons irredeemable Deplorables for nothing.

I've been fascinated with and studied cults for years. Yes, the MAGA movement has a LOT of the qualifications of a cult. I'd say we haven't seen this magnitude of cult-like following since Mao.

I've been fascinated with and studied cults for years. Yes, the MAGA movement has a LOT of the qualifications of a cult. I'd say we haven't seen this magnitude of cult-like following since Mao.
Yes, Trumpism is undoubtedly a cult. It's even a dangerous one, judging by what I've seen over the past four years, especially during the last month.

Mainstream media is liberal-leaning, and has been as far back as I can remember. But it isn't the media who selects the president, it's the American voters. Obviously the majority of the voters preferred Reagan overwhelmingly in 1980 and 1984, and his VP Bush won by a landslide in 1988 over Dukakis. That was back when the republicans were generally more sensible and were more appealing to swing voters including some moderate democrats.

Ever since 2000, the popular vote in each presidential election except one has favored the democrat candidate. Part of it is the political landscape and voter trends changing but another reason is the republicans have adopted fringe positions on some issues more than they used to.

Many democrats have also moved further left lately but there still seem to be more moderates in that party than there are in the GOP - or at the very least, moderates who aren't afraid to admit they're not liberal, progressive, or leftist. A moderate or centrist republican is often labeled a RINO or even a closet liberal by the staunch Trumpists.

It is a worse than a cult. They are willing to die (and let others die) for Trump.

This Loeffler freak is absolutely a cultist. How can anybody vote for this indoctrinated robot?

Back
Top Bottom