• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trumpism officially a cult?

Is Trumpism a Cult?

• Yes, absolutely. Trump's supporters are text book cultists.

Votes: 47 74.6%
  • I'M NOT A CULT YOUR A CULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I mean it's close, but I don't want to say it out loud.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I'm one of those nitpicky people who feels the need to say that not all of them are.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • No, I am not a Trump supporter and I would definitely not classify any of his supporters that way.

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

MrWonka

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
People who are in cults believe that everyone around them is lying. Everyone around them is corrupt. Everyone around them is immoral and untrustworthy except for one man. Their cult leader. He's the only one speaking the truth and he has been hand-chosen by God to save them and to save all humanity.

That literally describes Donald Trump's supporters.

You could argue that it also describes most religions, but I've often said that a Religion is just what you call a cult once it's gotten big enough and powerful enough you need to be more careful about insulting it.

If believing that humans are defined by their laws and that the Constitution is the mother of all laws is a cult then count me in. I'm a cultist!

People who are in cults believe that everyone around them is lying. Everyone around them is corrupt. Everyone around them is immoral and untrustworthy except for one man. Their cult leader. He's the only one speaking the truth and he has been hand-chosen by God to save them and to save all humanity.

You could argue that it also describes most religions, but I've often said that a Religion is just what you call a cult once it's gotten big enough and powerful enough you need to be more careful about insulting it.
Trump does have a cult of personality, but not all of his voters are part of it.

All members need watch Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

The trump democrats happened because of conservative talk radio, Rush, Levine, etc.

Somehow conservative talk radio talked the trump democrats into supporting tax cuts for rich people.

If believing that humans are defined by their laws and that the Constitution is the mother of all laws is a cult then count me in. I'm a cultist!

Non-sequitur. You're post tries to conflate following the laws and serving the Constitution as Trumpism, when it fact the two are mutually exclusive.
Trump has distain for the Constitution and has done nothing but trample it since he took office. Trump said the Constitution is phony, and that it doesn't matter.

Trump will go down in history alongside Ronald Reagan as greatly underappreciated in his time.

The Trump Cult.

Lately pushing the conspiracy nonsense that if Trump lost, there had to be cheating.

Fortunately, roughly 40 courts have demanded some evidence which has proved to be extremely difficult for the Cult to produce.

It's true by certain definitions, but by those same definitions, some MLP fans, many many Christians, and even supporters of left wing causes also could be considered cultists. Widely defining a term like that dilutes the meaning of the word. I would say some display cultish like behaviour, but overall, they're not in a cult and they're not cultists.

It's true by certain definitions, but by those same definitions, some MLP fans, many many Christians, and even supporters of left wing causes also could be considered cultists. Widely defining a term like that dilutes the meaning of the word. I would say some display cultish like behaviour, but overall, they're not in a cult and they're not cultists.

They are text book cultists.

They are text book cultists.

Cult:
a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

his group of supporters is not relatively small, and I don't think their admiration is misplaced necessarily, he is the president of the United States. It is expected for him to have a large base of supporters, some more fervent than others. That doesn't make them cultists any more than the most diehard of Obama fans, whom I would also not classify as in a cult.

I almost forgot that I called Trumpers cultists. **** yeah, they're cultists. Bigtime. Shaved head, robe and fruit punch brainwashed whitey morons.
Glad to see you back!

I dunno any MLP fans who mark off really much of any scores on the BITE model.

Not all trump supporters are part of the cult, many are, one sign is when people say someone is a Traitor to trump, which means they consider trump greater than everything else. Had he been re-elected I would not be surprised to see trump try and get the military oath changed so that they swore allegiance to him and not the Constitution and Nation.

No, but TDS sufferers comprise a cult.

Refreshments for your cult’s next meeting or seance or sacrificial rites:

Orange Kool-Aid.jpg

Cult:
a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing.

his group of supporters is not relatively small, and I don't think their admiration is misplaced necessarily, he is the president of the United States. It is expected for him to have a large base of supporters, some more fervent than others. That doesn't make them cultists any more than the most diehard of Obama fans, whom I would also not classify as in a cult.
It doesnt have to be small. This is the problem with arguing by definition. Dictionaries give usages, not picture perfect definitions. To compare trumpists to even the pod save america people is disingenuous.

To all those yakking about muh technicalities fine if you wanna do that, you should be using the BITE model instead of dictionary prescriptions.

Back
Top Bottom