• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump the Greatest President Ever? A Number of Respected People Think So

0bummer doesn't get credit for the inevitable rebound from a deep recession he and his party created.

When you bounce a ball and it inevitably comes back up, you didn't "raise it up".
The GR began in 12-2007. Congress had GOP control from 1995 until 1-2007 and the WH 2001-2008. How in the world was Obama (who wasn't POTUS when the GR began) or D's (who only just controlled one house 10 months before the GR)?

Some people obviously have really, really, really, really low standards. :shrug:

A great President is someone our future generations should be able to look up to as a role model.

giphy.gif

I see 3 links but only 2 quotes supporting your statement. I noticed how you did not answer this:

The facts listed came from the the third source. Since they were paraphrased in part, I did not include the quotes.

The GR began in 12-2007. Congress had GOP control from 1995 until 1-2007 and the WH 2001-2008. How in the world was Obama (who wasn't POTUS when the GR began) or D's (who only just controlled one house 10 months before the GR)?

Wrong. Democrats controlled both Houses in 2017, and Senator 0bummer was a key figure in Democrat-controlled Fannie Mae who fueled the failed instruments market that caused the GR.

Time Magazine is not a respected forum. It's filled with leftwing Soros-paid hacks.
It wasn't determined by Time, try reading, you might learn something.

In NOBODY's fantasy, could a president with 121 record high DOW closes be considered the 'worst president in history'. Please don't post absurdity.
The markets are not a measure of economic health, they are a bet on a glorified dog race. They often peak prior to recessions.

So much bull****, so little time! Let's take a few of these piles of steaming manure and examine them...

In one year, President Trump created 400,000 manufacturing jobs reaching a ten-year high. According to the Labor Department in July, American workers saw the largest increase in wages and benefits over the previous twelve months under President Trump, ....
Actual growth in real wages, check the dates:

United_States_real_wages_%28red%2C_in_constant_2017_dollars%29.png

President Trumps GDP grew by 4.1 percent in the second quarter of 2017 , marking the fastest economic expansion seen in a sitting Presidents first year in office.

One quarter, and the Trumpers keep repeating it. There were better quarters during the Obama years, and what does that prove? Nothing.

Revitalized Policy blocking foreign aid to Mexico City from being used for abortions.

That one is a real puzzler, since abortion is still illegal in Mexico. You must mean the Mexico City Policy, to wit:

First announced in 1984 by the Reagan administration, the policy has been rescinded and reinstated by subsequent administrations along party lines and has now been in effect for 19 of the past 34 years.
The policy requires foreign non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to certify that they will not “perform or actively promote abortion as a method of family planning” using funds with any source (including non-U.S. funds) as a condition for receiving U.S. government global family planning assistance and, as of Jan. 23, 2017, most other U.S. global health assistance.

Instituted by Reagan, it has been in force during every Republican administration, and not in force during Democratic administrations. This is just another example of partisan politics.

Wrong. Democrats controlled both Houses in 2017, and Senator 0bummer was a key figure in Democrat-controlled Fannie Mae who fueled the failed instruments market that caused the GR.
Um, the Senate was tied, with 2 ind. Again, the 110th Congress didn't have any significant effect on collapse of credit markets. Further, the FM/FM conspiracy theory has long been debunked, it is the fantasy of Ed Pinto devotees.

So much bull****, so little time! Let's take a few of these piles of steaming manure and examine them...

Actual growth in real wages, check the dates:

United_States_real_wages_%28red%2C_in_constant_2017_dollars%29.png

One quarter, and the Trumpers keep repeating it. There were better quarters during the Obama years, and what does that prove? Nothing.

That one is a real puzzler, since abortion is still illegal in Mexico. You must mean the Mexico City Policy, to wit:

Instituted by Reagan, it has been in force during every Republican administration, and not in force during Democratic administrations. This is just another example of partisan politics.

I wonder how many times I'll have to repeat that 0bummer doesn't get credit for the inevitable rebound of an economy he helped tank. When you bounce a ball, and it comes back up, you didn't 'lift' it up.

The facts listed came from the the third source. Since they were paraphrased in part, I did not include the quotes.

The "facts" you listed did not come with a name of the person who claims that Trump is the Greatest President Ever. Oh, I checked it.. Her name is the "Community Member". Good one. She must be very respected, right?

The other link you provided said the author thinks he is best since Reagan - so clearly NOT best ever

3rd link you provided only 1 justification that he "PERHAPS" is the best ever - that he is a Republican and not a democrat. What's his whole justification? :lamo

As usual, for the 3rd time now you did not tell us ... yes, I asked TWICE already

And what makes you think they are "respected"? Respected by who? And for what?

The "facts" you listed did not come with a name of the person who claims that Trump is the Greatest President Ever. Oh, I checked it.. Her name is the "Community Member". Good one. She must be very respected, right?

The other link you provided said the author thinks he is best since Reagan - so clearly NOT best ever

3rd link you provided only 1 justification that he "PERHAPS" is the best ever - that he is a Republican and not a democrat. What's his whole justification? :lamo

As usual, for the 3rd time now you did not tell us ... yes, I asked TWICE already

And what makes you think they are "respected"? Respected by who? And for what?

Posting in red clown font doesn't make your question any smarter. The left will never say they respect anybody whom they disagree with. They didn't respect Pope John Paul or Mother Teresa who are canonized saints who were universally respected. So-called 'respect' by the Marxists means zero.

Those people would not be respected people.

Brilliant analysis. "The economy is good before it's bad".
Again, stock markets are not the economy.

But at least you discovered Time did not make the determination of "Best POTUS". It was a poll of leading historians...not the opinion of some minor writer of "thriller novels and short stories." (Ryan).

Presidents can remove obstacles needed for job creation, and that is what Trump has done. 0bama placed MORE regulations, and that's why jobs under 0bummer tanked.

Your total ignorance of the Obama years is truly amazing. You need to read about how many jobs were created during the Obama admn. Trump was handed good job growth. Don’t embarrass yourself with this really dumb post.

Posting in red clown font doesn't make your question any smarter. The left will never say they respect anybody whom they disagree with. They didn't respect Pope John Paul or Mother Teresa who are canonized saints who were universally respected. So-called 'respect' by the Marxists means zero.

Instead of telling me who does not respect these people, show me who respects them and why. Your claim was that these people are respected. So why don't you tell us who respects them and for what.

But at least you discovered Time did not make the determination of "Best POTUS". It was a poll of leading historians...not the opinion of some minor writer of "thriller novels and short stories." (Ryan).

Isn't 'leading' as nebulous as 'respected'? Leading according to whom? Repsected according to whom? Do you respect Rush Limbaugh as a journalist? Would you call Rush Limbaugh a leading journalist? By every objective measure, Rush is a the top journalist in the world. But I bet a nickel you wouldn't call him that.

Your total ignorance of the Obama years is truly amazing. You need to read about how many jobs were created during the Obama admn. Trump was handed good job growth. Don’t embarrass yourself with this really dumb post.

I mean, you can say it a hundred times, and these liberals will still bring up the same inane point. Repeat after me: "Obummer does NOT get credit for the inevitable rebound of an economy he helped tank". When you bounce a ball, and it comes back up, you did not make it rise.

I wonder how many times I'll have to repeat that 0bummer doesn't get credit for the inevitable rebound of an economy he helped tank. When you bounce a ball, and it comes back up, you didn't 'lift' it up.

I dunno.... how many times must one repeat bull**** before it becomes ice cream?

ACtually, they are. When the markets go up, a lot of people make money. But fortunately, all the underliers of a great stock market are ALSO in place under President Trump. The most telling marker and the last is unemployment, and it's astoundingly low.

Isn't 'leading' as nebulous as 'respected'? Leading according to whom? Repsected according to whom? Do you respect Rush Limbaugh as a journalist? Would you call Rush Limbaugh a leading journalist? By every objective measure, Rush is a the top journalist in the world. But I bet a nickel you wouldn't call him that.
This is a classic goal post move, you brought up a HISTORICAL perspective, you cited someone (Ryan) who supposedly is a "historian"...but he isn't. Neither is Rush. I referred you to not just historians, but those recognized OBJECTIVELY as leading HISTORIANS....not "journalists".

This is a classic goal post move, you brought up a HISTORICAL perspective, you cited someone (Ryan) who supposedly is a "historian"...but he isn't. Neither is Rush. I referred you to not just historians, but those recognized OBJECTIVELY as leading HISTORIANS....not "journalists".

What makes a 'historian', and why isn't Rush one as well? I would say Rush is one of the top political historians in the world

What makes a 'historian', and why isn't Rush one as well? I would say Rush is one of the top political historians in the world

I would say Rush is one of the top political spin merchants in the world.

There fixed it for ya'

ACtually, they are. When the markets go up, a lot of people make money. But fortunately, all the underliers of a great stock market are ALSO in place under President Trump. The most telling marker and the last is unemployment, and it's astoundingly low.
The gains, the change, since 2-2017 of leading ECONOMIC indicators have not kept up with the trends since the end of the GR. When you are born half way down the third base line, you really shouldn't make a big deal about it, acting as if you hit a homer.

Since you don't know..... explains your judgement.

Back
Top Bottom