• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump "Literally" this Stupid?

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Donald Trump: I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally - CNNPolitics.com

Trump doubles down on the stupid it appears.

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday that he meant exactly what he said when he called President Barack Obama the "founder of ISIS" and objected when a conservative radio show host tried to clarify the GOP nominee's position.Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."

Trump objected.
"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said.

Seriously??? What is Trump trying to accomplish here?

It's gonna be really hard to blame "election fraud" when he keeps up crap like this.

Does he have a motive for shooting torpedoes at his own ship?

QBTlxf7.jpg

It's gonna be really hard to blame "election fraud" when he keeps up crap like this.

Yes, he's that stupid. And is Sen. Clinton really stupid enough to say, ""Comey said my answers were truthful, and what I've said is consistent with what I have told the American people." As if no one watched Director Comey on television or read the news.

Yes, he's that stupid. And is Sen. Clinton really stupid enough to say, ""Comey said my answers were truthful, and what I've said is consistent with what I have told the American people." As if no one watched Director Comey on television or read the news.

This thread isn't about Hillary. It's about Donald. Only your first sentence applies.

This thread isn't about Hillary. It's about Donald. Only your first sentence applies.

Bull****. It's about creepy. That's the only word you wrote that applies. If I'd written "Are Clintonistas as stupid as Trumpkins," maybe it would have been out of bounds.

Bull****. It's about creepy. That's the only word you wrote that applies. If I'd written "Are Clintonistas as stupid as Trumpkins," maybe it would have been out of bounds.

Another lunatic post....that has NOTHING to do with OP.

truly it is baffling

I think it began with his statement regarding murdering someone and saying he could get away with it

he is now pushing the envelope as far as possible

so far those loyal to him are still true blue and will defend his position regardless of what he says

this is indeed an interesting "social study" displaying the extreme that people will go to in order to defend a choice they have made

it should also stand as a warning to us

many people lose all logic when they believe their ego is involved...both Trump and his supporters are clearly evident of that

it is a dangerous for a free society to head

Trump is rather populist and ignorant in many essential things. Not at all, what one wants to be President. But this thing about his ISIS statement is a really silly discussion. Looking at the video of the excerpt it is evident that he didn't mean it literally. Saying that he might have is just plain low grade populism.

truly it is baffling

I think it began with his statement regarding murdering someone and saying he could get away with it
he is now pushing the envelope as far as possible
so far those loyal to him are still true blue and will defend his position regardless of what he says
this is indeed an interesting "social study" displaying the extreme that people will go to in order to defend a choice they have made
it should also stand as a warning to us
many people lose all logic when they believe their ego is involved...both Trump and his supporters are clearly evident of that
it is a dangerous for a free society to head

You do realize this exact thinking can also apply to those supporting Hillary ?

Trump is rather populist and ignorant in many essential things. Not at all, what one wants to be President. But this thing about his ISIS statement is a really silly discussion. Looking at the video of the excerpt it is evident that he didn't mean it literally. Saying that he might have is just plain low grade populism.

FINALLY. A post in this thread that has merit. Thank you.

You do realize this exact thinking can also apply to those supporting Hillary ?

of course I realize that but this thread is about Trump and he is clearly choosing to display himself as having no restraint at all...that is clear

those bringing Clinton into it are not doing so in order to discuss but rather to divert which is exactly the point once again...at some point people have to remove the blinders and now would be the time

So when questioned about it a second time, he doubles down and says "no, I meant exactly what I said" rather than what most intelligent people would say which is, "obviously I was kidding around".

Especially after the media took off and ran with his first comments.

If he was "kidding", why not admit to that rather than say outright he meant what he said? Repeatedly?

So when questioned about it a second time, he doubles down and says "no, I meant exactly what I said" rather than what most intelligent people would say which is, "obviously I was kidding around".

If he was "kidding", why not admit to that rather than say outright he meant what he said? Repeatedly?

The only logical explanation I can see is that he doesn't actually want to win.

This morning he claims it was all just sarcasm.

Washington (CNN) — Donald Trump on Friday attempted to walk back the widely criticized false claim he repeatedly made over the last two days that President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were "co-founders" of ISIS -- saying he was being sarcastic.

Trump tweeted Friday morning that the media was missing his sarcasm.

"Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?" Trump wrote

Donald Trump tries to walk back Obama founding ISIS comments: 'Sarcasm' - CNNPolitics.com

YES Trump is literally this stupid. YES his supporters are stupid for falling on their Samurai swords for an ignorant boor who is making clowns of them.

Then all you need do is watch, what he said. He was not "kidding around". What he said made sense and was an observation on an important topic. And anyone that is not just trying to talk up a storm against him will know exactly what he meant with those words. They will immediately understand the figurative use of language.

Wow. This guy HAS TO BE TROLLING the media, and his stupid supporters. Or he has mental problems.

He says they were the founders. Last night he says it again, doubling down and saying it's 'exactly what he meant'. Then this morning he says it was 'sarcasm' and then criticizes the media for reporting on what he said last night which was 'exactly what he meant'.

This has become almost surreal. It's hour to hour with him now. He's purposely changing stories, lying, making wild remarks hourly now.

It's getting dangerous now. And I'm being serious. This guy could be unhinged.

Trump is mentally ill, but his fans are even more stupid. They keep defending his insanity, and getting the rug pulled out from under them. How can they keep defending this nutcase is beyond reason.

No, it is about Trump, open your own damned thread if you want to talk about Hillary.

FOCUS

No, it is about Trump, open your own damned thread if you want to talk about Hillary.

FOCUS

I'm talking about creepy politicians. That would certainly cover more than just Mr. Trump. Sen. Hillary is creepy in her own right as is Sen. Sanders who is looking forward to 1967 or 1917.

I know I should be rude to a moderator like you but you are incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be posting again if nitwits like you didn't beg me for a response. I would have happily left this thread to Clintonistas who think they're special just like the Trumpkins think there special. It's must grate on you to know you and the Trumpkins are soul mates.

This morning he claims it was all just sarcasm.

Washington (CNN) — Donald Trump on Friday attempted to walk back the widely criticized false claim he repeatedly made over the last two days that President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were "co-founders" of ISIS -- saying he was being sarcastic.

Trump tweeted Friday morning that the media was missing his sarcasm.

"Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) "the founder" of ISIS, & MVP. THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?" Trump wrote

Donald Trump tries to walk back Obama founding ISIS comments: 'Sarcasm' - CNNPolitics.com

YES Trump is literally this stupid. YES his supporters are stupid for falling on their Samurai swords for an ignorant boor who is making clowns of them.
Donald Trump, the practical joker president. That sounds safe.

Wow. This guy HAS TO BE TROLLING the media, and his stupid supporters. Or he has mental problems.

He says they were the founders. Last night he says it again, doubling down and saying it's 'exactly what he meant'. Then this morning he says it was 'sarcasm' and then criticizes the media for reporting on what he said last night which was 'exactly what he meant'.

This has become almost surreal. It's hour to hour with him now. He's purposely changing stories, lying, making wild remarks hourly now.

It's getting dangerous now. And I'm being serious. This guy could be unhinged.

It was not a supporter that started this thread.

Trump is good at getting people that don't understand simple concepts to get all crazy.

I'm talking about creepy politicians. That would certainly cover more than just Mr. Trump. Sen. Hillary is creepy in her own right as is Sen. Sanders who is looking forward to 1967 or 1917.

I know I should be rude to a moderator like you but you are incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be posting again if nitwits like you didn't beg me for a response. I would have happily left this thread to Clintonistas who think they're special just like the Trumpkins think there special. It's must grate on you to know you and the Trumpkins are soul mates.

Why would you think beefheart is a moderator?

No, the thread is about Trump, and you are doing that pathetic thing where you try to divert by doing the "yeah, but Hillary...." crap.

Stick to the topic, if you have such a burning need to just fap about Hillary, open another damned thread.

As for calling me "incredibly stupid", really? Knock it off.

(also...."there"?)

Last edited:
"All very exciting, right? But guess what? Now that we went through all that, the roller-coaster, the gaffes and distractions, the two most-disliked presidential candidates in modern history are right back where they started.

Almost exactly. Disliked and living it.

Gallup is just out with a new poll showing Clinton’s favorable rating now is 39%, same as it was in mid-July when the GOP convention began. Trump’s is lower, as usual, now 32% favorable, one point higher than 27 days ago."
After all the summer blather, we dislike Trump, Clinton same as before: Gallup « Hot Air

Sorry if I disrupt the routine of the cheerleaders. Actually, I'm not. In answer to the OP, yes, Trump really is that stupid. So is Beefheart. The moderate Beefheart who either doesn't know where he lives or is afraid to say.

His supporters believe him. And, apparently that is all that matters.

My radical opinion on the Trump thing is he is doing a giant sort: separating the truly gullible from those who would never fall for his various sales pitches. He is probably compiling one hell of a mailing list for future rip-offs. It's a common business practice taught at sales seminars. Sort your leads into potential customers, keep the ones you know you can reach and discard the rest. I suspect Trump is doing this on a massive scale; it's a brilliant marketing scheme.

Back
Top Bottom