• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump Laying The Groundwork For a Debate No-Show?

Hillary has a nasty habit of scheduling debates in time slots that compete with other major draws like widely viewed NFL games and other events.

Hillary had absolutely nothing to do with the scheduling of the debates. This was done by both parties, and agreed to by both parties, in September of last year, before even some primary dates had been set.

Just one problem: The debate schedule for this year was set by both parties in September 2015, long before there were even primaries.

If Trump is using this as a flimsy excuse to ditch the debates, he will not only lose, but the election will be Nixon-McGovern in reverse.

Let's see what happens.

Article is here.

Trump is laying the groundwork for an out.

Ditch the debates??? His concern is that fewer people will see the debate than if it were on another night. He wants as many people to see the debate as possible.

Hillary has never been good at debating anyone who does not play nice. My guess is exactly that, trump wants everyone to watch, because he is going to be trump, and do trump things.

Trump is also very thin skinned, but hillary seems to crumble without the medi protecting her every step of the way, I could only imagine if he decided to go off script which he does alot and attack hillary, and her having no way to refute it . If it were just policy, hillary would do fine, but at debates, she was a loser long before trump ever shown his face.

Really what did you say about Trump trying to dodge the debates? That is the topic. All I saw from you was something about a letter. Try again.

Your embarrassment is not going to go away.

There has never been a presidential debate. The candidates answer the same questions and if their answers make absolutely no sense, as did some of Trump's in the first Republican "debate", the person asking the question just moves on as if it did make sense.

Question: "What about the people who lost over a billion dollars on your bankruptcies?"
Response: "I made a lot of money in Atlantic City and I'm proud of that."

And, Chris Wallace moved on as if the clown had answered the question. I think we need to scrap having partisan news people tossing the softballs and have experienced prosecutors asking the questions.

Hillary has a nasty habit of scheduling debates in time slots that compete with other major draws like widely viewed NFL games and other events.

Parroting Trump. How sweet.

Hillary has never been good at debating anyone who does not play nice. My guess is exactly that, trump wants everyone to watch, because he is going to be trump, and do trump things.

Trump is also very thin skinned, but hillary seems to crumble without the medi protecting her every step of the way, I could only imagine if he decided to go off script which he does alot and attack hillary, and her having no way to refute it . If it were just policy, hillary would do fine, but at debates, she was a loser long before trump ever shown his face.
Should be fun to watch because neither is very good at hiding anger. I fully expect Trump to go off script and Hillary to nod her head knowlingly (or should I say annoyingly?) after throwing out those scripted one-liners. All part of the fun.

So...when will Dickless Donald produce this magical "letter"?

Oh, wait, he won't, just another lie.

Trump promises to cut taxes $12 trillion over 10 years, and protect SS and Medicare, and defeat ISIS, build a wall, etc. Don't see how he can make good on those promises without adding at least $10 trillion to the debt.

Agree. Our choices suck.

Trump seems to like playing the victim card. If he doesn't show, it's somebody else's fault. He will be all over the news the next day waving the victim card. As always, I think he is trying to create a situation to garner attention, stay in the news, and work his charm in the process. It's his formula.

If they change the date, he wins. If he doesn't show, he'll turn it into a win... :lol:

Hillary knows all about playing the victim card. he common retort when her philandering hubby was president was always "There is this vast conspiracy against mah husband."

I don't think she will do well on policy this time either as her and Hussein's policies have been major disasters.

Back
Top Bottom