• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump in major debt to Putin?

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm reposting this at the suggestion of another member. This is a more appropriate forum for my analysis of Trump's debt.
==============================================================
One of the this that really concern me here is his pending debt of $400M due in 3 years or so. Since no U.S. banks will loan him anything, that leaves Deutsche Bank. That bank is notorious for laundering Russian money.

I think the reason why he never has anything bad to say abut Putin is that he owes that money to either Putin or a Russian oligarch. These oligarchs derive their wealth ultimately from Putin.

Since Trump appears not to have the liquid assets needed to repay this loan, I feel that he represents a major national security risk. His taking troops out of Germany s a clear sign that he is doing Putin's bidding.

"Win or lose in November, one thing won’t change for Donald Trump: Over the next few years, his company must settle a series of whopping debts. Before the end of a theoretical second term, his company will have to refinance—or, in a far less likely scenario, pay off—nearly a half-billion dollars in loans linked to some of his most prized assets, including Trump Tower. These debts are maturing at a perilous moment for Trump, whose hotels and resorts have been plagued by declining revenues. And that was before the coronavirus pandemic pummeled the hospitality industry in general and the Trump Organization in particular, forcing the full or partial closure of most of its hotel and resort properties.

On financial disclosure forms, Trump has reported holding 14 loans on 12 properties. At least six of those loans, representing about $479 million in debt, are due over the next four years...."

I think trump wants to build a hotel in Moscow.

That's why he's sucking up to Putin and Putin's thugs.

He was interested in building a Trump Tower in Moscow & offered Putin the top floor penthouse as a bribe to help make it happen. It would have been a huge financial deal but it didn't happen. I'm curious about why that didn't go forward.

Maybe Trump was supposed to lose the election of 2016, then build Trump Towers Moscow. Since Trump won the election, he could not build Trump Towers Moscow.

"So Forbes dug into property records, court documents and government filings to unearth as much of the first family’s financial dealings as possible. The findings: Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump appear to be worth about $25 million each. Ivanka Trump has likely amassed similar riches from her work at the Trump Organization but is worth far more—around $375 million—when you factor in her fashion line earnings and marriage to real estate heir Jared Kushner. The president’s 26-year-old daughter, Tiffany, and 13-year-old son, Barron, meanwhile, don’t seem to have gotten much from their father so far. Neither has the first lady, besides a small Trump Tower apartment, 33 floors below the couple’s gilded penthouse, worth $1.5 million."

Last edited:
"President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen."

Ethics experts see national security concern in Trump’s debt

WASHINGTON (AP) — Revelations that President Donald Trump is personally liable for more than $400 million in debt are casting a shadow that ethics experts say raises national security concerns he could be manipulated to sway U.S. policy by organizations or individuals he’s indebted to.

New scrutiny of Trump, who claims great success as a private businessman, comes after The New York Times reported that tax records show he is personally carrying a staggering amount of debt — including more than $300 million in loans that will come due in the next four years.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., was blunt about the potential implications. “He may be vulnerable to financial blackmail from a hostile foreign power and God knows what else,” said Warren, a frequent Trump critic.

The Times said the tax records also show that Trump did not pay any federal income taxes in 11 years between 2000 and 2018, raising questions about the fairness of a president — who purports to be a billionaire — paying less in taxes than most Americans.
=======================================================
This guy has to go.

He was interested in building a Trump Tower in Moscow & offered Putin the top floor penthouse as a bribe to help make it happen. It would have been a huge financial deal but it didn't happen. I'm curious about why that didn't go forward.
Because even Putin knows Donny is a horrible businessman. He looks for better quality in his oligarchs.

I'm reposting this at the suggestion of another member. This is a more appropriate forum for my analysis of Trump's debt.
==============================================================
One of the this that really concern me here is his pending debt of $400M due in 3 years or so. Since no U.S. banks will loan him anything, that leaves Deutsche Bank. That bank is notorious for laundering Russian money.

I think the reason why he never has anything bad to say abut Putin is that he owes that money to either Putin or a Russian oligarch. These oligarchs derive their wealth ultimately from Putin.

Since Trump appears not to have the liquid assets needed to repay this loan, I feel that he represents a major national security risk. His taking troops out of Germany s a clear sign that he is doing Putin's bidding.
Trump LOVES Putin for THIS reason. Putin created, and resides over the corrupt Russian system that exists now. This allowed the Oligarchs that SAVED his businesses. Were it not for the corruption that Putin represents, Trump would be noone, and bankrupt, for real.

Ethics experts see national security concern in Trump’s debt

WASHINGTON (AP) — Revelations that President Donald Trump is personally liable for more than $400 million in debt are casting a shadow that ethics experts say raises national security concerns he could be manipulated to sway U.S. policy by organizations or individuals he’s indebted to.

New scrutiny of Trump, who claims great success as a private businessman, comes after The New York Times reported that tax records show he is personally carrying a staggering amount of debt — including more than $300 million in loans that will come due in the next four years.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., was blunt about the potential implications. “He may be vulnerable to financial blackmail from a hostile foreign power and God knows what else,” said Warren, a frequent Trump critic.

The Times said the tax records also show that Trump did not pay any federal income taxes in 11 years between 2000 and 2018, raising questions about the fairness of a president — who purports to be a billionaire — paying less in taxes than most Americans.
=======================================================
This guy has to go.

More. He wants Putin to own part of it so that every Russian and his brother who wants something from Vlad will stay there.

Trump is deep in the hole to Russian oligarchs... and they are rich because of Putin.

Putin has video and soundtrack of Trump in the hotel room with prostitutes and that is why he has Trump by the short hairs for life.

Back
Top Bottom