• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is trump faking his Covid-19 illness?

Donc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Yes or no.

It's sad we are at this state in our country, but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't crossed my mind. If he was convinced there was a benefit to faking sick he'd do it in a heartbeat. Never underestimate a narcissist and what lengths they'd go for approval/praise. It would certainly be a gamble, though, as he has been flippant about the virus the whole way and not wearing a mask 99% of the time puts others in danger. His cult wouldn't care, but the 5% on the fence may.

When you lie about almost everything, even when lying serves no benefit, you simply cannot be trusted in anything. After the pounding he has taken this week, this is a way to distract from all of the negative.

That said, if the first couple are truly positive, I wish them a full and speedy recovery.

I'll believe it if he starts showing symptoms. Like others I tend to disbelieve anything he tweets first until fact checked. I'd really like to see an independent test by folks outside the White House. Maybe the WHO could step in?

If faking it, this could be almost as good as starting a war to get out from under horrible poll results.

Of course he might not be faking either.

His slim re-election hopes hinge on getting COVID-19 out of the news. This would be a weird strategy for trying to accomplish that.

His failure to contain the virus and his appalling conduct (e.g., using debate time Tuesday to mock mask-wearing, and then exposing untold numbers of people to the virus this week after knowing he had been exposed) will now be in the spotlight throughout October.

Yes or no.

Unlikely. There is no positive spin for him to do so.

First, as already demonstrated in other threads, it is grist for the mill of the anti-Trump sector of the population. They are already crowing about "That will teach him, and the anti-maskers," predicting this will cost him the election.

Second, the White House leaks like a sieve, with government personnel who would report this at the drop of a hat.

Third, there really isn't much positive spin on this even if he claimed it has had no effect on him. The mere fact he states he got it is enough for those who fear the spread and want to push authoritative government policies to "prevent" harms.

So I doubt he is faking it.

Last edited:
Unlikely. There is no positive spin for him to do so.

First, as already demonstrated in other threads, it is grist for the mill of the anti-Trump sector of the population. They are already crowing about "That will teach him, and the anti-maskers," predicting this will cost him the election.

Second, the White House leaks like a sieve, with government personnel who would report this at the drop of a hat.

Third, there really isn't much positive spin on this even if he claimed it has had no effect on him. The mere fact he got it is enough for those who fear the spread and want to push authoritative government policies to "prevent" harms.

So I doubt he is faking it.
I agree with these statements "Unlikely. There is no positive spin for him to do so"/ Second, the White House leaks like a sieve, with government personnel who would report this at the drop of a hat,elaborate that third statement a bit.

i did consider this scenario briefly, as i automatically consider everything that Tweety says to be a lie by default because pretty much everything that he does say is a lie. at this point, my position is that i believe the news stories, and i hope that everyone recovers fully. wanting someone voted out is very far from wishing illness on that person, and i certainly do not wish that.

No. Can't see how that would benefit him. It raises questions about his health and keeps him off the campaign trail for half the remaining time.

Yes!

It gives him a reason to get out of the next debate.
It means he likely exposed Joe who will also need to self quarentine for 2 weeks and not be able to campaign.
It gives the media something to talk about instead of his horrible job in the debate.
It brings out "his" Christians in droves to pray for him.
It gives him sympathy from his base while he plays the perpetual victim as usual.
etc.

His slim re-election hopes hinge on getting COVID-19 out of the news. This would be a weird strategy for trying to accomplish that.

His failure to contain the virus and his appalling conduct (e.g., using debate time Tuesday to mock mask-wearing, and then exposing untold numbers of people to the virus this week after knowing he had been exposed) will now be in the spotlight throughout October.

It would be a weird strategy but this president is nothing if not unconventional. If he were to make a strong and fast 'recovery' and tell everyone 'it was nothing! it was weaker than the flu!' then this could amp up his base.

It would be a weird strategy but this president is nothing if not unconventional. If he were to make a strong and fast 'recovery' and tell everyone 'it was nothing! it was weaker than the flu!' then this could amp up his base.

He needs a lot more voters than his base to win...

Since some here believe everything they say about Trump's health is a lie, I would assume those people would also think this is a lie. Right? :)

Yes or no.

The stupidity of the question is almost overshadowed by the people in this thread who would seriously consider it. Seriously, I read the OP and some of the replies and the dumb is literally oozing from my computer screen.

If there were a Dumb Bowl Hall of Fame, this thread would certainly be in it.

Yes or no.
Nope.
in Trump’s mind, Covid 19 is a disease for the common man or woman.
Trump believes that he has an exclusively higher gene pool and should be exempt from such a blue collar ailment.

He's actually hiding in his bunker before the dems invade the white house.

For all of the people who say "no" because there could be no positive spin, let's not forget some other decisions, like firing Comey, not preparing properly to react to COVID-19 in the first place, etc. Trump isn't known for making the best decisions, particularly if Jared is in his ear.

The stupidity of the question is almost overshadowed by the people in this thread who would seriously consider it. Seriously, I read the OP and some of the replies and the dumb is literally oozing from my computer screen.

If there were a Dumb Bowl Hall of Fame, this thread would certainly be in it.

Almost stupid as this reply by tRump HUH? " “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.” "

Almost stupid as this reply by tRump HUH? " “And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.” "
So Trump said something stupid and it motivated you to say something EVEN MORE stupid?

Is that it?

Since some here believe everything they say about Trump's health is a lie, I would assume those people would also think this is a lie. Right? :)
0B7C442C-FF0F-45EC-84F2-9BAF0FDA211D.gif

Yes or no.

As a pathological liar, it is entirely possible that trump is making this up.

If he's not, well, I've given my thoughts in other threads as to what he should do.

For all of the people who say "no" because there could be no positive spin, let's not forget some other decisions, like firing Comey, not preparing properly to react to COVID-19 in the first place, etc. Trump isn't known for making the best decisions, particularly if Jared is in his ear.

According to the NYT, he is symptomatic... Mild but symptomatic

President Trump is showing symptoms of the novel coronavirus, but mild ones, according to two people familiar with his condition.

The president has had what one person described as cold-like symptoms. At a fund-raiser he attended at his golf club at Bedminster, N.J., on Thursday, where one attendee said the president came in contact with about 100 people, he seemed lethargic.

A person briefed on the matter said that Mr. Trump fell asleep at one point on Air Force One on the way back from a rally in Minnesota on Wednesday night.

A White House official said that as of Thursday night, the president’s treatment plan was still being discussed. So was a possible national address or a videotaped statement from the president to demonstrate that he was functioning and that the government is uninterrupted.

Back
Top Bottom