• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump ****ed?

Is Trump ****ed?

• Total voters
'May' have to be content with indictments and knowing he will have to sit through a lengthy trial as many of his "finest hand-picked" former inner circle members take an oath under penalty of perjury, and testify as to the goings on during the Trump Presidency. Not a 'Win-Win', but certainly a 'Win', IMO. At least will he have to show up everyday and sweat while his truth is put forth by what were once former minions.

Yeah...

That is Not Justice...

I will reiterate....

Former Presidents have an almost Zero percent chance of facing justice...

Even a monster Like Trump...

Do you agree?

Yeah...

That is Not Justice...

I will reiterate....

Former Presidents have an almost Zero percent chance of facing justice...

Even a monster Like Trump...

Do you agree?
I'm a 'little' more optimistic than a " almost Zero" chance, although, admittedly, with only one juror needed for a hung jury, highly doubtful there will ever be a 'guilty' verdict. ( Actual Justice, IMO ) If I was the AG, I would simply keep retrying Trump time and time again after each hung jury, until/unless there was either a guilty verdict, or an acquittal. As I stated above, and agree with you --- It wouldn't be "Justice", but it would send a strong message to any future potential POTUSes that if you do 'certain things' while serving as POTUS, although you may not be officially convicted of a crime, there are ways The People can make your life miserable, and The People are willing to do just that.

I'm a 'little' more optimistic than a " almost Zero" chance, although, admittedly, with only one juror needed for a hung jury, highly doubtful there will ever be a 'guilty' verdict. ( Actual Justice, IMO ) If I was the AG, I would simply keep retrying Trump time and time again after each hung jury, until/unless there was either a guilty verdict, or an acquittal. As I stated above, and agree with you --- It wouldn't be "Justice", but it would send a strong message to any future potential POTUSes that if you do 'certain things' while serving as POTUS, although you may not be officially convicted of a crime, there are ways The People can make your life miserable, and The People are willing to do just that.
The question would be If anyone would Bring a former President to Trial even... I have doubts

The question would be If anyone would Bring a former President to Trial even... I have doubts
I have doubts, also - serious doubts. I am of the opinion Garland 'wants' to bring him to trial. But there are a LOT of factors to be considered. At, or near, the top of the list is national security issues being aired openly in a court of law. Really can't have any of that, IMO. There is mention of "obstruction", though. I can imagine an indictment on that charge. That said, I'm not a legal beagle, and trust Merrick Garland and staff to weigh all of the data in hand, as well as all of the other many variables to be considered, and make an informed decision, as to whether, or not, ultimately, it is in the best interests of America in the longer term to file criminal charges against a former POTUS.

I have doubts, also - serious doubts. I am of the opinion Garland 'wants' to bring him to trial. But there are a LOT of factors to be considered. At, or near, the top of the list is national security issues being aired openly in a court of law. Really can't have any of that, IMO. There is mention of "obstruction", though. I can imagine an indictment on that charge. That said, I'm not a legal beagle, and trust Merrick Garland and staff to weigh all of the data in hand, as well as all of the other many variables to be considered, and make an informed decision, as to whether, or not, ultimately, it is in the best interests of America in the longer term to file criminal charges against a former POTUS.
Trump commited myriads of crimes in my opinion...

He should be put in Trial...

My contention is though that He never will...

I Like you...

But i think you unfortunately still believe in the Idea that Nobody is over the law....

Fact IS: there are some people

Like Trump....

Yes. Trump is ****ed. Of course that has nothing at all to do with the current brouhaha of the FBI Marred-A-Lago warrants and searches and seizures.

Trump commited myriads of crimes in my opinion...

He should be put in Trial...

My contention is though that He never will...

I Like you...

But i think you unfortunately still believe in the Idea that Nobody is over the law....

Fact IS: there are some people

Like Trump....
Actually, I believe "No one is 'supposed' to be above the law" for the record. I just posted that Trump should "be put on trial" because I also believe he has committed numerous crimes, and if/when there is a hung jury, the AG should continue to keep retrying him time and time again, until there is either a conviction, or an acquittal. Common sense tells us there is very little chance, any given jury would not have 'at least' one juror who would vote not guilty, regardless of evidence presented. I have the same "doubts" you have Trump will actually be indicted, and have to go to trial, but, based on both of our posts/opinions, It appears I am 'somewhat' more optimistic Trump will be indicted, and have to go to trial than you are, and that is OK by me. I primarily base that optimism on the 'fact' the DOJ/AG is on board with the FBI search warrant which was executed at Mar-a-largo. Tells me the DOJ/AG are doing everything possible to indict our wayward former POTUS.

Actually, I believe "No one is 'supposed' to be above the law" for the record. I just posted that Trump should "be put on trial" because I also believe he has committed numerous crimes, and if/when there is a hung jury, the AG should continue to keep retrying him time and time again, until there is either a conviction, or an acquittal. Common sense tells us there is very little chance, any given jury would not have 'at least' one juror who would vote not guilty, regardless of evidence presented. I have the same "doubts" you have Trump will actually be indicted, and have to go to trial, but, based on both of our posts/opinions, It appears I am 'somewhat' more optimistic Trump will be indicted, and have to go to trial than you are, and that is OK by me. I primarily base that optimism on the 'fact' the DOJ/AG is on board with the FBI search warrant which was executed at Mar-a-largo. Tells me the DOJ/AG are doing everything possible to indict our wayward former POTUS.
That search appears to BE because the MORON Hid something pertaining to NUCLEAR WEAPONS...

Which the feds seem to care about more than all his crimes...

So..MAYBE they get this Monster...but WHO knows...

I suggest 'you' remember the above the next time you see someone/anyone, including yourself, whining about HRC never being charged with any criminal activity while one Donald J. Trump, former "President" was in the OVAL Office for four years, and "in charge of the Executive branch" which includes the US DOJ and U.S. AG. --- Sound fair? ;)
I suggest you explain exactly how the Trump administration was supposed to charge or even launch an investigation of Hillary's illegal server conspiracy after the DOJ endorsed Comey's get out of jail free declaration and letters of immunity were passed out like party favors to her co-conspirators. While your at it perhaps you could acquaint yourself with the difference between innocent and not prosecutable along with the legal standards used to determine intent, not Comey's perversion. Sound fair?

I suggest you explain exactly how the Trump administration was supposed to charge or even launch an investigation of Hillary's illegal server conspiracy after the DOJ endorsed Comey's get out of jail free declaration and letters of immunity were passed out like party favors to her co-conspirators. While your at it perhaps you could acquaint yourself with the difference between innocent and not prosecutable along with the legal standards used to determine intent, not Comey's perversion. Sound fair?
How would you think about this issue if you didn't have Clinton to frame it?

I like that the bar has moved from the Clinton's are slime we need to elect someone better than them to, it's okay if the Clintons did it too.

I like that the bar has moved from the Clinton's are slime we need to elect someone better than them to, it's okay if the Clintons did it too.

The bar hasn't moved anywhere. They believe all things simultaneously: "Trump did exactly what Clinton did, Clinton should have been charged, and what Trump did was a nothingburger."

All at precisely the same time.

The bar hasn't moved anywhere. They believe all things simultaneously: "Trump did exactly what Clinton did, Clinton should have been charged, and what Trump did was a nothingburger."

I think they are probably going to go with the, If Clinton didn't face consequences neither should Trump defense. At least that would be the most logically consistent.

Which I mean, I guess. What if the Clintons murdered someone, does that make murder okay? (No one come at me with Clinton murder conspiracies I've already heard them all.)

There we go, endorsement of Stalin's KGB chiefs credo "show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Targeting political opponents, burning down the Republic is the new patriotism of the Marxist Democrats.

There we go, endorsement of Stalin's KGB chiefs credo "show me the man and I'll show you the crime". Targeting political opponents, burning down the Republic is the new patriotism of the Marxist Democrats.

You know Trump isn't even in office anymore and you could nominate a non-criminal if you wanted to.

Well, trump shows us the crimes, so it's not exactly a brain twister.

The issue is the Trump administration not prosecuting Hillary. It's absurd to suggest this could be discussed without Clinton to frame it.

The issue is the Trump administration not prosecuting Hillary. It's absurd to suggest this could be discussed without Clinton to frame it.
Clinton isn't in the thread title, it's not in the OP, and Hillary didn't tell Trump to take the documents. So Hillary aside, how do you think about this?

No, Hillary's multi-year criminal conspiracy involving thousands of government records escaped prosecution due to an interpretation of "intent" that wouldn't excuse a traffic ticket.

A weaponized DOJ along with the FBI have demostrated an undeniable hatred for President Trump escalating a disagreement completely devoid of criminal intent into KGB style political repression.

No, Hillary's multi-year criminal conspiracy involving thousands of government records escaped prosecution due to an interpretation of "intent" that wouldn't excuse a traffic ticket.

A weaponized DOJ along with the FBI have demostrated an undeniable hatred for President Trump escalating a disagreement completely devoid of criminal intent into KGB style political repression.
You should be happy for the criminal intent standard. If not for that, the instant you were audited by the IRS you'd be in prison. And if you pay with cash and one day unknowingly pass a fake twenty dollar bill? Prison. Did you accidentally hit a person with your car? Murder in the first (and prison, obviously).

So, much as people like to say "criminal intent doesn't matter," it does matter, and it runs through more laws than you can count.

And while there was no criminal intent in Hillary's case, when you look at the timeline of events in Trump's case it's glaringly obvious that there's criminal intent.

Last edited:
I see you are now throwing in the white towel of surrender after being thoroughly schooled. Wise move on your part after trying, and failing, to blame a journalist for Trump's non-Presidential actions/declarations/ass kissing of a former Russian KGB Commander in Helsinki. Enjoy the rest of your day.
You only schooled me in terms of showing your superiority at being both boring and repetitious. I decline to follow your example, though.

I think a lot of people really didn't understand how little the GOP voters care about truth. They aren't concerned with information, truth, discussion or debate. It's all BS

There is one political party and one anti-political party. You either voter for progress or against it now, and it's worthless talking to most of these people. "I haven't seen that" = "I refuse to admit I'm wrong about anything ever and I have the right to demand you waste your time while I sit on my ass"
Define "anti-political."

Yes like Meyer Lansky the "teflon Don" was able to beat the rap. That does not mean he was innocent though.

meyer-lansky-was-too-shrewd-to-get-caught-1605887474.webp

Well, we have even more evidence of the crime Hilary committed, and she skated to protect the Swamp. Let's see, that makes her-- Al Capone?

Well, we have even more evidence of the crime Hilary committed, and she skated to protect the Swamp. Let's see, that makes her-- Al Capone?
There is no evidence of any crimes for either Clinton and never have been any. The persecution of the Clintons was without merit. Trump on the other hand has been impeached twice first for extortion of a foreign leader and then for inciting an insurrection. Now he has been caught red handed with stolen top secret documents and likely sold them to Russia. At least that is what the Russians are saying and given the circumstances we cannot say they are not telling the truth.

Last edited:
More like concerned patriotic informant ( political lean, if any, unknown ) alerts the FBI that Trump most likely lied back in June/2022 when former POTUS Trump signed a 'legal' document declaring he had returned 'all' of the People's documents to the proper authorities ---'some' docs which 'may' contain sensitive national security issues data. FBI becomes concerned now private citizen Trump may have nefarious reasons for lying, and becomes extremely concerned about our U.S. national security, asks a 'legally' appointed judge to issue a 'legal' search warrant to search Trump's place of residence to determine as to whether, or not, informant's tip holds water. Search warrant is approved by a 'legally' appointed Federal judge and is executed in a low profile manner. Trump, the SS, and Trump's legal council are all given at least an hour heads-up said search warrant will be executed in a low-profile, professional manner by the FBI. Upon completion of professionally executed search warrant by the FBI, indeed, the informant's tip is confirmed to be accurate/valid, as numerous boxes of documents belonging to the U.S. government, which Trump lied about returning in June/2022, are 'legally' retrieved/confiscated via the FBI execution of the 'legal' search warrant --- some of which may very well contain date that puts both national security, as well as individuals' personal security at extreme risk --- FBI leaves a 'legal', detailed receipt of items confiscated that were being 'illegally' held hostage at now private citizen Trump's personal residence. --- Please tell the class how any of the above is "endorsement of Stalin's KGB chiefs credo" or how any of this 'legal' activity "Burns down the Republic."

Back
Top Bottom