• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump Actually In The Oval Office?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
There's no evidence to suggest he is. He's probably in the bathroom, right?

“The president just tweeted that he was in the oval, but no marine outside the west wing,” observed Bloomberg’s Justin Sink.

Playboy correspondent Brian Karem accused Trump of pushing “another lie,” noting that there was no Marine guard at the Oval Office doors.

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman also joined the conspiracy theory mix noting, “POTUS tweeted earlier that he’s in the Oval Office. Per pool, as off [sic] 11 am there was no Marine guard outside the West Wing lobby, which there is when POTUS is in the Oval,” she tweeted.

Did Trump Just Lie About Being In The Oval Office on New Year's Eve? Some Reporters Think So

If Trump was thinking, he would make that Marine post a 24/7 gig!

Does anyone actually care? He may as well go down to Florida and play golf, for all the good he's doing.

I'm not really interested in digging up the exceptions, but the presence of a marine isn't actually a 100% indicator for whether the President is in the oval office.

edit: Oh, trix beat me to it.

8f5713e0-45b3-4217-9cd3-10708589ad76.png

It's a pretty sad commentary on the state of our government when a reporter needs to give the president of this country the benefit of the doubt by beginning a sentence saying "Trump still could be telling the truth". That's how far back he's taken our country. Hardly anyone believes anything he says and absolutely nobody can trust his word for anything.

"Mr. President, you know I'm a good soldier. I'd be willing to take one for the team. If I were promoted to, say, O5, I could remember forgetting to go to my shift."

Trump is over at Fox News today to receive fawning and adoration slathered on by the Fox staff prior to his scheduled New Year's Eve appearance (read: rambling political rant about Democrats, Crooked Hillary, Pelosi, murderers and terrorists storming the border daily, not to mention all the incredible military knowledge he imparted to US troops when he was in Iraq for all of maybe 23 minutes) on the network.

Really, why would it matter? It's not like he could actually do anything more than tweet, same if he stayed in bed.

"Mr. President, you know I'm a good soldier. I'd be willing to take one for the team. If I were promoted to, say, O5, I could remember forgetting to go to my shift."

:eek:t

Just a quick shout of congratulations to U of F. You may have finally found a replacement for Spurrier. After the first quarter Franks began to look like a quarterback, which you would hope to happen under Mullen. Good game. Florida deserves the clap. :applaud

:eek:t

Just a quick shout of congratulations to U of F. You may have finally found a replacement for Spurrier. After the first quarter Franks began to look like a quarterback, which you would hope to happen under Mullen. Good game. Florida deserves the clap. :applaud

Tannehill. 7 years. I can't take "gonnabe". I'd rather a prospect. Closing with 4 wins was not bad.

I’m with you; going to Mar-a-lago over the holidays is going to hurt his brand?

The taxpayer is reportedly footing parts of the bash.....

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ar-a-lago-new-year-eve-party-shutdown-773385/

Really, this is the time of year to go someplace warm and do something fun. I think Trump is the worst president ever, but I don't begrudge even him a holiday. Heck, I'm heading for the warmth of the Caribbean myself in a few days. It's 5 degrees here, and tomorrow's projected high is 17.

Back
Top Bottom