• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump a Narcissist?

Is Trump a Narcissist?

• Yes.

Votes: 47 92.2%
  • No.

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
You don't have to be licensed to know when someone is mentally unstable.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Thanks for your input doctor...where did you say you got your psychiatric training and medical license again?

Oh that's right, you don't have to be licensed to know how to practice psychiatry....so you must be Dr. Phil? :doh

Thanks for your input doctor...where did you say you got your psychiatric training and medical license again?

Oh that's right, you don't have to be licensed to know how to practice psychiatry....so you must be Dr. Phil? :doh

Why is psychiatry/psychology unique for your argument? Should we not discuss history with those who aren't history majors? Can we not talk politics if political science was not our field of study?

Do we really know any of these pols? After 8 years do you think you really know Obama, or after 20+ years do we know Clinton. Of course not.

I think that a man who would mock a disabled person as Trump did, is showing us who he is. He obviously felt comfortable doing that in public. I can only imagine how far he goes in private.

When he says the things he does, like to the Khans, we can assume that's who he is too. His actions speak loudly.

When he behaves like an adolescent calling his opponent "little Marco" or insults the wife of his rival as he did Heidi Cruz there is all kinds of information we can draw from that and none of it is good.

When a person shows you who they are, believe them the first time~ Maya Angelou

Why is psychiatry/psychology unique for your argument? Should we not discuss history with those who aren't history majors? Can we not talk politics if political science was not our field of study?

Not when you are trying to engage in character assassination in order to discredit a person without any factual basis, i.e. a documented history of a psychological disorder.

One could post a Poll listing the symptoms of a sociopath, currently termed Antisocial Personality Disorder, then allege Hillary Clinton meets many of the criteria.

Would that make it either true, or a valid issue in a political campaign?

You don't. Same is true of any candidate.

You don't use the information they give you in the form of how they perform? You don't think he should be judged by the things he says and does in the public forum? That he shouldn't be taken at his word?

Do you do any public speaking? As a competitive Toastmasters performer, I can tell you that the person in front of the audience is not "himself." He is a performer just as surely as if he was acting on a stage.

He was Democrat before he was Republican. He was for the war in Iraq before he was against it. He was for gun control before he was against gun control before he was for gun control. He was pro choice before he was pro life before he was for punishing women for having abortions before he wasn't. He was pro keep-out-all-Muslims before he was pro keep-out-some-Muslims. He was for the war in Libya before he was against it before he was for it. He was for raising taxes for the wealthy before he was for cutting taxes for the wealthy before he was for raising taxes for the wealthy before he was for cutting everyone's taxes before slashing by a 1/3 of the proposed tax cuts instead. He was for allowing Dreamers to stay before he was against it before he was more flexible on the idea. He was against reading from the teleprompter until he needed to use the teleprompter himself. He was against special interests in politics until he needed donations by larger donors himself.

So who is "himself," Maggie? Who, and what, is the real Donald Trump?

Ohhhh, now the flip flop meme. Give me a break.

Do you do any public speaking? As a competitive Toastmasters performer, I can tell you that the person in front of the audience is not "himself." He is a performer just as surely as if he was acting on a stage.

So what, are we not supposed to make any judgement of Trump based off of his actions on stage because he's just "acting"?

Last edited:
You don't use the information they give you in the form of how they perform? You don't think he should be judged by the things he says and does in the public forum? That he shouldn't be taken at his word?

I didn't say that. I'm saying making a diagnosis that the man is a narcissist based on his speeches and ZPUBLIC performances is ridiculous. Absurd.

You don't. Same is true of any candidate.

You don't ever truly know who a person is, but if I meet someone and right off the bat he makes fun of the disabled, calls POW's "losers" and says that all Muslims should be barred from entering the country, and seemed to be continually ignorant of even the most basic points of history, I'd be satisfied that I had as much information as I needed to hold absolutely no association with him. My life is hard enough without bringing degenerate lowlifes in it.

Ohhhh, now the flip flop meme. Give me a break.

The problem with the "flip-flop" meme is that it existed before Trump. It should have been invented with Trump.

Not when you are trying to engage in character assassination in order to discredit a person without any factual basis, i.e. a documented history of a psychological disorder.

Well, I am not writing an official report, am I? I am speaking casually on a political forum.

As for the experts, they are out there and speaking out about Trump.

[On Donald Trump]“Remarkably narcissistic” - developmental psychologist Howard Gardner

“Textbook narcissistic personality disorder” - clinical psychologist Ben Michaelis

“He’s so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops because there’s no better example of his characteristics. Otherwise, I would have had to hire actors and write vignettes. He’s like a dream come true.” - clinical psychologist George Simon

“He’s very easy to diagnose ” - psychotherapist Charlotte Prozan

“In the field we use clusters of personality disorders,” Michaelis said. “Narcissism is in cluster B, which means it has similarities with histrionic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, and antisocial personality disorder. There are similarities between them. Regardless of how you feel about John McCain, the man served—and suffered. Narcissism is an extreme defense against one’s own feelings of worthlessness. To degrade people is really part of a cluster-B personality disorder: it’s antisocial and shows a lack of remorse for other people. The way to make it O.K. to attack someone verbally, psychologically, or physically is to lower them. That’s what he’s doing.” - Ben Michaelis

You don't ever truly know who a person is, but if I meet someone and right off the bat he makes fun of the disabled, calls POW's "losers" and says that all Muslims should be barred from entering the country, and seemed to be continually ignorant of even the most basic points of history, I'd be satisfied that I had as much information as I needed to hold absolutely no association with him. My life is hard enough without bringing degenerate lowlifes in it.

If your life is hard enough, why do you waste time degrading someone you never EVER thought about voting for?

One could post a Poll listing the symptoms of a sociopath, currently termed Antisocial Personality Disorder, then allege Hillary Clinton meets many of the criteria.

Would that make it either true, or a valid issue in a political campaign?

Well said.

If your life is hard enough, why do you waste time degrading someone you never EVER thought about voting for?

Are you really asking me why I'm spending time denigrating a lowlife who wants to be my President?

Because he has the potential to be the POTUS, and that will have impact on his livelihood (as well as the entire nation) if Trump ends up being president?

Are you really asking me why I'm spending time denigrating a lowlife who wants to be my President?

Yeah, I am. Your media talking points COULD be spent saying constructive things about your own candidate instead of dredging up crap from the well biased media.

Do you do any public speaking?

I do.

As a competitive Toastmasters performer, I can tell you that the person in front of the audience is not "himself." He is a performer just as surely as if he was acting on a stage.

It is not just his actions on the podium but off the stage, too. My god, he once cut off medical care to his sick grandnephew just to spite the parents. There is no doubt he is sick in the head.

Yeah, I am.

Okay. I'm denigrating this particular degenerate lowlife because he wants to be my president. I usually don't bother denigrating other degenerate lowlifes who have no practical means of affecting my life. Were Trump to be President, then that particular degenerate lowlife would most certainly affect my life.

Your media talking points COULD be spent saying constructive things about your own candidate instead of dredging up crap from the well biased media.

I could, but "Nothing will get especially better or worse under Clinton" isn't very catchy.

Because he has the potential to be the POTUS, and that will have impact on his livelihood (as well as the entire nation) if Trump ends up being president?

Whew! I thought that was just me!

I didn't say that. I'm saying making a diagnosis that the man is a narcissist based on his speeches and ZPUBLIC performances is ridiculous. Absurd.

I agree, it takes a doctor to make a clinical diagnosis for a mental illness, but the man demonstrates many of the signs of being a narcissist. In his own words. That's what we are discussing. And no one needs to put words in his mouth or take things out of context. It's there on tape. In large doses.

If that's just him performing and not the real him, he's giving a great performance as a narcissist and he may want to change his act.

I agree, it takes a doctor to make a clinical diagnosis for a mental illness, but the man demonstrates many of the signs of being a narcissist. In his own words. That's what we are discussing. And no one needs to put words in his mouth or take things out of context. It's there on tape. In large doses.

If that's just him performing and not the real him, he's giving a great performance as a narcissist and he may want to change his act.

I think he's actually making an attempt to do just that.

I could list many powerful politicians and businessmen who exhibit some of those same traits. It is a side effect of power.

I think he's actually making an attempt to do just that.

I could list many powerful politicians and businessmen who exhibit some of those same traits. It is a side effect of power.

How many times have we heard Trump is going to try to alter his style? He may one day, like Friday sticking to his message on Clinton, but then the followed it up yesterday with more foolishness about the Japanese.

He has no self-control, because there is something up with him.

I think a person has to have a healthy ego to run for any office, but none of them approaches Trump's level of self-delusion.

Back
Top Bottom