• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump a Narcissist?

Is Trump a Narcissist?

• Yes.

Votes: 47 92.2%
  • No.

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Yes. I suspect President Truman wouldn't be considered a narcissist by the Mayo Clinic. I don't think either Bush would. President Eisenhower perhaps. I don't think President Reasan would have been considered a narcissist. President Gerald Ford, for sure. The list of possible narcissists, in my lifetime, would include President Lyndon B. Johnson, President Richard Nixon, President Barack Obama, of course. President Carter was just confused but his inability to not demand the spotlight says something.

A characteristic of narcissist that the Mayo Clinic didn't mention is, in my opinion, but a compulsive need for secrecy and concealing while at the same time demanding to be in the spotlight. Consider Donald Trump's demand for non-disclosure agreements and Barack Obama's appalling lack of transparency. Donald Trump and Barack Obama share a lot of characteristics and one is lying without even giving it a thought.

How about the first Clinton, he surely fits the bill. Don't know where to put Bush II but I think he was off the wall. JFK can be added. Truman was an accidental president, not sure he would have run on his own.

You certainly are an expert.

I know when to use the word, you don't. There was nothing hypocitical in those comments. The end.

How about the first Clinton, he surely fits the bill. Don't know where to put Bush II but I think he was off the wall. JFK can be added. Truman was an accidental president, not sure he would have run on his own.

President Clinton, there was just one and with luck that's all there will ever be, had his problems but he was not a narcissist. He could stand up and give a memorial address and not talk only about himself.

President George Bush might have not been your favorite but he wasn't a narcissist either.
President Truman was a horrible candidate who made, in my opinion, a good president. I didn't approve of Korea but his integration of the military, which earned him the hatred of the Democrats, was a good thing. No narcissist would ever say, "The buck stops here." Narcissists are like President Obama who blames the Republicans, Congress, Americans, white people, conservatives, Christians, and anyone else he can think of that isn't him or one of his chosen ones.

Yes, but why waste fancy words on something so vulgar?

Do you think Trump is a narcissist? I really believe he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. According to the Mayo Clinic these are the criteria used for evaluating narcissism:

Pretty much all of those things could be used to describe Trump. I do not believe someone that only ever considers his own personal interests above all else and is simply incapable of empathy or respect for others should not be a candidate for president.

Was there ever a question that he couldn't be considered a narcissist?

I personally knew a narcissist for some years. Hate to sound callous but they are a pathetic and pitiful group. I have no doubt in my mind Trump is a narcissist.

Those things could be used to describe MOST very successful individuals...including the POTUS.

And how absolutely absurd to come to that conclusion based on media reports and fleeting glimpses of his behavior when he's "performing" in the public eye.

I'm waiting for reports that he's a serial killer. PM me when you come up with something.

Maggie, we have hours and hours of his speeches and debate performances and countless interviews on which to judge his personality, qualifications and behavior. His Twitter feed is a train wreck. That's hardly fleeting. His own words condemn him. It's there for us all to watch and evaluate.

Wonder if there has ever been a president that was not a narcissist.

I immediately thought Grover Cleveland. Interesting enough, he certainly is ranked near the bottom.

Maggie, we have hours and hours of his speeches and debate performances and countless interviews on which to judge his personality, qualifications and behavior. His Twitter feed is a train wreck. That's hardly fleeting. His own words condemn him. It's there for us all to watch and evaluate.

When you see him giving speeches, he is not himself. He is performing.

So who are the clowns who voted "no"?

Then who is he?

How do you know who you are voting for?

Trump Bots.

Actually?

People who prefer that a licensed and practicing psychiatrist who has examined a patient make a determination about someone's actual mental state.

As opposed to a bunch of citizen's playing armchair-doctor's jumping on another character assassination meme like a crew of grade school bullies.

Then who is he?

How do you know who you are voting for?

Do we really know any of these pols? After 8 years do you think you really know Obama, or after 20+ years do we know Clinton. Of course not.

Actually?

People who prefer that a licensed and practicing psychiatrist who has examined a patient make a determination about someone's actual mental state.

As opposed to a bunch of citizen's playing armchair-doctor's jumping on another character assassination meme like a crew of grade school bullies.

You don't have to be licensed to know when someone is mentally unstable.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

He was Democrat before he was Republican. He was for the war in Iraq before he was against it. He was for gun control before he was against gun control before he was for gun control. He was pro choice before he was pro life before he was for punishing women for having abortions before he wasn't. He was pro keep-out-all-Muslims before he was pro keep-out-some-Muslims. He was for the war in Libya before he was against it before he was for it. He was for raising taxes for the wealthy before he was for cutting taxes for the wealthy before he was for raising taxes for the wealthy before he was for cutting everyone's taxes before slashing by a 1/3 of the proposed tax cuts instead. He was for allowing Dreamers to stay before he was against it before he was more flexible on the idea. He was against reading from the teleprompter until he needed to use the teleprompter himself. He was against special interests in politics until he needed donations by larger donors himself.

So who is "himself," Maggie? Who, and what, is the real Donald Trump?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom