• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this world nothing more then an illusion?

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

if it is then that means 'science' is researching an illusion, which makes 'sciemce' flawed by deafult.

Well, is it. is this world an illusion (albeit a persitent one) ?

if it is then that means 'science' is researching an illusion, which makes 'sciemce' flawed by deafult.

i dunno

I will endeavor to answer the question.

* The world is real.

* Science is only as flawed as the humans attempting to apply it (or interpret it) in the study or research of the world.

That said, humans have been known to view or perceive things in a manner that is not true (nor even remotely close to reality), so in a manner of speaking, for them the world is an illusion.

Examples:

a. A young fellow falls head-over-heels in love with a girl who he believes to be a wonderful, flawless, virtuous angel.
In reality, she is a liar, a deceiver, and a cruel manipulator.
In essence, the young man is building his world around an illusion of who she is, not around the reality of what she is.

b. Millions of voters live in an altered state of reality wherein they believe that their political Parties and associated politicians are virtuous, truthful, and concerned about the good of the nation and the taxpayers.
In reality, their elected representatives are power-hungry, tax-and-spend crooks who only care about themselves and their cronies and campaign contributors.
These millions of voters are not living in the real world, but are rather existing in a state of denial and delusion.

c. Many men and women believe that they themselves are attractive, charming, witty, and interesting.
In reality, they are boorish, arrogant, boring, and spectacularly-unfunny.
The people around them (friends and family) only contribute to their illusion by never telling them the truth. (Out of a fear of offending, or a fear of causing hurt or pain.)

Does this make sense?
:?

I will endeavor to answer the question.

* The world is real.

* Science is only as flawed as the humans attempting to apply it (or interpret it) in the study or research of the world.

That said, humans have been known to view or perceive things in a manner that is not true (nor even remotely close to reality), so in a manner of speaking, for them the world is an illusion.

Examples:

a. A young fellow falls head-over-heels in love with a girl who he believes to be a wonderful, flawless, virtuous angel.
In reality, she is a liar, a deceiver, and a cruel manipulator.
In essence, the young man is building his world around an illusion of who she is, not around the reality of what she is.

b. Millions of voters live in an altered state of reality wherein they believe that their political Parties and associated politicians are virtuous, truthful, and concerned about the good of the nation and the taxpayers.
In reality, their elected representatives are power-hungry, tax-and-spend crooks who only care about themselves and their cronies and campaign contributors.
These millions of voters are not living in the real world, but are rather existing in a state of denial and delusion.

c. Many men and women believe that they themselves are attractive, charming, witty, and interesting.
In reality, they are boorish, arrogant, boring, and spectacularly-unfunny.
The people around them (friends and family) only contribute to their illusion by never telling them the truth. (Out of a fear of offending, or a fear of causing hurt or pain.)

Does this make sense?
:?

No, but I will be more specific.

If one does some research in this area it really seems this world is an illusion.

By that I mean that it is a hologram!

So, actually the question becomes, are we living in a hologram?

According to some scientists we do.

If we do then science is into some strange things,

Why would science be flawed? If the illusion has internally consistent rules, then science is simply the study of those rules.

Why would science be flawed? If the illusion has internally consistent rules, then science is simply the study of those rules.

Nope, the study of an illusion, hence not real.

Reality is perception. Illusion is deception.

optical-illusions-that-prove-you-have-a-dirty-mind-2112567587-apr-7-2014-1-600x400.jpg

Nope.

We are not living in a hologram.

No. Next question. :roll:

There is that.

But to prolong the illusion you will find it helps to do nothing that science says will stop you.

Oh How do you know? scientist disagree with you!

Uh.....because, one, technology hasn't advanced to the point where that would be possible; two, you stole the idea from the Matrix; and three, it's just flat out dumb

Uh.....because, one, technology hasn't advanced to the point where that would be possible; two, you stole the idea from the Matrix; and three, it's just flat out dumb

hasn't advanced???? well that is not true.

Watch this!

No I didn't stole the idea from the Matrix, the idea is older then the movie.

And why is it dumb?

And as I have said, science is on its way to see the world as hologram

Furthermore, in some experiment computercode was discovered in the fabric of the matter!

suggesting that this world is made by computercode, hence artificial.

And maybe we have no technology, but what about alien races far more advanced then us?

Why not?

hasn't advanced???? well that is not true.

Watch this!

No I didn't stole the idea from the Matrix, the idea is older then the movie.

And why is it dumb?

A projection in a single location isn't not the same as the entire ****ing world. Do you have any idea how complex that would have to be?

This belongs in the philosophy section, Though I congradulate the OP on finally making a new thread that doesnt actually belong in the CT section.

A projection in a single location isn't not the same as the entire ****ing world. Do you have any idea how complex that would have to be?

Yes,

But if this is possible why not the whole world.

Lots of clues it is

This belongs in the philosophy section, Though I congradulate the OP on finally making a new thread that doesnt actually belong in the CT section.

Congratulating me about that is very stupid and you have no clue what you are talking about.

And,well maybe it does, belong there. ;)

Some aliens might have putten us in a kind of hologram! No, not a joke!

As I have writtten:

0cce51e07d652a73ce87ebddeecb2ac6.jpg

more here as well

NSC_170109_301.jpg

and the computercode found in the fabric of matter is also very revealing as well.

Which scientists are saying we live in a hologram?

read the articles in the magazine above?

And NASA scientists ( not that I trust these idiots) say we are living in a hologram made by aliens!

No kidding!

What the **** is 'sciemce'?

Back
Top Bottom