• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this world nothing more then an illusion?

Tigerace117

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Yes,

But if this is possible why not the whole world.

Lots of clues it is

There's no clues. None.

And your case is like saying "if I can swim across my pool, why can't I swim across the entire world's oceans?"

humbolt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sadly I have to report that the illusion is about to end. It came from my old cell phone, and after 8 years it's dying. I got a new one, and the old one is headed to the Smithsonian. It overheated. Prolly because the key pad is full of saw dust. Enjoy your hologram while it lasts. I charged it for the last time last night. The new one is hermetically sealed. The science here is irrefutable.

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There's no clues. None.

How do you know that? Have you read the magazines I showed? The article about the computer code?

And your case is like saying "if I can swim across my pool, why can't I swim across the entire world's oceans?"

Just a wrong analogy.

Quag

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Congratulating me about that is very stupid and you have no clue what you are talking about.

And,well maybe it does, belong there. ;)

Some aliens might have putten us in a kind of hologram! No, not a joke!

You are asking a philosophical question in the science section, it belongs in the philosophy section.

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sadly I have to report that the illusion is about to end. It came from my old cell phone, and after 8 years it's dying. I got a new one, and the old one is headed to the Smithsonian. It overheated. Prolly because the key pad is full of saw dust. Enjoy your hologram while it lasts. I charged it for the last time last night. The new one is hermetically sealed. The science here is irrefutable.

?????

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You are asking a philosophical question in the science section, it belongs in the philosophy section.

well, those 2 magazines I showed are all about science, mate! NOT Philosophy.

Why bother about that?

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
There's no clues. None.

If we are a hologram (which we aren't), why the **** should I care?

Life's working out A-OK for me right now.

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
here a book hinting at the world being a hologram:

319014.jpg

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here another one:

book_perspective_hard5.gif

What if reality isn't really what you think it is?
What if our world was just a big video game?
It's actually not as far-fetched as it seems, says Jim Elvidge. Within 30 years, we will be able to create virtual environments indistinguishable from our reality. Within a few more decades, even physical realities will be manufactured. And we are marching toward an inevitable merge with machines. What's more, it is actually impossible to tell whether or not we have already reached that point.

An expert in complex computational systems, with over 20 years of research in cosmology, quantum mechanics, philosophy, anomalies, and futurism, Jim Elvidge presents a theory of reality so perfect, so powerful, that it explains all known scientific and cultural anomalies. Why is the universe so perfectly designed to support life and matter? Why does life feel like it is accelerating? Why do people see UFOs? Is there life after death?

The evidence is actually all around us, within us, and present in every decision we make. This book may completely change the way you look at your world, your life, your friends and family, and the PC on your desk.

https://www.amazon.com/Universe-Solved-Jim-Elvidge/dp/1424336260/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467120801&sr=8-1&keywords=universe+solved

Interesting eh?!

Last edited:

Quag

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
well, those 2 magazines I showed are all about science, mate! NOT Philosophy.

Why bother about that?

Just because a science journal asks a philosophical question doesnt mean in a forum with seperate sections for science and philosophy you can/should place philosophical question in the science section and vice versa.

Quag

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
More books that the poster has and never will read that he thinks may support his nonsense.

Quag

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If we are a hologram (which we aren't), why the **** should I care?

Life's working out A-OK for me right now.

Holographic strawberries dont taste as good

Pin dÁr

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just because a science journal asks a philosophical question doesnt mean in a forum with seperate sections for science and philosophy you can/should place philosophical question in the science section and vice versa.

bla bla bla bla

TheGoverness

Little Miss Sunshine
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
More books that the poster has and never will read that he thinks may support his nonsense.

Yeah, it's clear to me he hasn't read ONE of those books, since he can't quote anything from them.

Quag

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yeah, it's clear to me he hasn't read ONE of those books, since he can't quote anything from them.

Same with the lame videos he posts. As he is unable to explain what is relevant in them the only conclusion I can draw is that he hasnt bothered to watch them. Well it is also possible he knows there is nothing relevant in them but since he has shown an aptitude for disregarding facts/logic and reason I doubt that would stop him.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Is this world nothing more then an illusion?

if it is then that means 'science' is researching an illusion, which makes 'sciemce' flawed by deafult.

Well, is it. is this world an illusion (albeit a persitent one) ?

I don't know, but it gets better when you drop acid or eat a few mushrooms.

Top Bottom