• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this where it's all headed?

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
~ 12-year-old Waleed Abushaaban is an honor student and says he has no idea why his teacher called him a terrorist in front of his whole class on Thursday.“Were in the class watching a movie,” explained Waleed, “and I was just laughing at the movie and the teacher said, ‘I wouldn’t be laughing if I was you.’ And I said why? She said, ‘because we all think you're a terrorist.

Waleed says the class was watching Bend it Like Beckham after their STAAR tests and that after that comment other students started making fun of him. Link.
A one-off incident or a symptom of our politicians and times?

The latter... sadly. Not the first time I have heard of something like this. Then again it is not something new... humanity has been doing this for centuries.

If this is all there is to the story, the teacher needs to be hustled out the door and barred from teaching.
My opinion.

If this is all there is to the story, the teacher needs to be hustled out the door and barred from teaching.
My opinion.

Thanks to liberals teachers are impossible to fire. So good luck with that.

Last edited:
Wanna bet?

"The Fort Bend school district said the teacher has been removed from the classroom and placed on administrative leave pending an investigation in to the incident."

A Teacher Allegedly Called A 12-Year-Old Muslim Boy A Terrorist - BuzzFeed News

And it's probably thanks to conservatives that she shot off her mouth like that in the first place.

If you get the time, check out a film called "Superman Isn't Coming" It documents, among other things teachers doing crack in class, others drinking etc., and none of them can be fired. The NEA has seen to it that it IS almost impossible to fire a teacher. Most of the time what happens in 'administrative leave" with full pay, in worst case scenarios unpaid, temporary leave

Wanna bet?

"The Fort Bend school district said the teacher has been removed from the classroom and placed on administrative leave pending an investigation in to the incident."

A Teacher Allegedly Called A 12-Year-Old Muslim Boy A Terrorist - BuzzFeed News

And it's probably thanks to conservatives that she shot off her mouth like that in the first place.

Not just conservatives know the truth about Islam. The more it gets out there, the better.

And she will enjoy her time off, with full pay.:lol:

Not just conservatives know the truth about Islam. The more it gets out there, the better.

The truth is that twelve year olds are terrorists?

They can be. Where have you been?

All twelve year olds? Even those who by all accounts have done nothing---other than looking the way they look---to be considered a terrorist?

Are you going to start kicking eight year olds out of events because their white and therefore a confederate hillbilly redneck? Are you going to ban Asian toddlers because they might be Chinese spies

:roll:

All twelve year olds? Even those who by all accounts have done nothing---other than looking the way they look---to be considered a terrorist?

Are you going to start kicking eight year olds out of events because their white and therefore a confederate hillbilly redneck? Are you going to ban Asian toddlers because they might be Chinese spies

:roll:

When hillbillies and Asian toddlers start blowing themselves up? Yes.

The problem you've got there is that the teacher could have thought he was a terrorist because his name was Waleed or because he supported Trump or because he said he believed in traditional marriage. Hell, everyone except card carrying social progressives are terrorists these days and even those need to be really careful not to accidentally cross the PC police.

What evidence to you have that this 12 year girl is a terrorist? Her family?

If "true conservatives 'know the truth about Islam" you're fostering, every one of them is a frightened little terrorist.

Sounds like a teacher should be looking for a new career field and a school district that will be paying for their poor hiring practices.

They can be. Where have you been?

Everyone Can be a terrorist, murder, bank robber, and on and on, we do not judge people on what they Might become, well Rational People don't. Hmmm

The problem you've got there is that the teacher could have thought he was a terrorist because his name was Waleed or because he supported Trump or because he said he believed in traditional marriage. Hell, everyone except card carrying social progressives are terrorists these days and even those need to be really careful not to accidentally cross the PC police.

Considering the level of fear and panic going on there, I'm surprised civil war hasn't broken out.

When a 12 year old girl causes this much strife over simply laughing, it's pretty clear the US has lost this war. You've lost militarily and in the minds of the terrorists. "Look achmed, they are afraid of a child."

Everyone Can be a terrorist, murder, bank robber, and on and on, we do not judge people on what they Might become, well Rational People don't. Hmmm

Apples to oranges. These people belong to a religion/ideology where terror is an accepted and condoned strategy of war. Seems to me they have a head start.

But rationality says ignore anything that might make you look like a bigot. No matter any potential danger.

Highly inappropriate and not at all the product of our times.

It's just as much a product of our times as all the threads started by conservatives on DP that presume that all 1,500,000,000 muslims around the world are personally responsible for muslim terrorism (equally, the lack of threads holding white people accountable for each other's acts, etc)

Apples to oranges. These people belong to a religion/ideology where terror is an accepted and condoned strategy of war. Seems to me they have a head start.

But rationality says ignore anything that might make you look like a bigot. No matter any potential danger.

No, not apples and oranges, one is not judged upon what someone else thinks that person Might become, as I said, Rational People do not do so.

The only bigot I see are those that label someone, especially a child, as something that they have not shown themselves to be.

He said she said, and not all the facts are in.
God help those who are being found guilty until proven innocent.

It's just as much a product of our times as all the threads started by conservatives on DP that presume that all 1,500,000,000 muslims around the world are personally responsible for muslim terrorism (equally, the lack of threads holding white people accountable for each other's acts, etc)

That is not what conservatives think. Conservatives think Islam is responsible for those out of the 1,500,000,000 that commit these attacks and undermine freedom. That is what Muslims have in common.

Random white people are neither from the same religion or ideology. Again, a poor apology.

Back
Top Bottom