• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this what you call a "recovery?"

ReformCollege

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
New estimates derived from the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey by Sentier Research indicate that the real (inflation-adjusted) median annual household income in America has fallen by 4.4 percent during the “recovery,” after having fallen by 1.8 during the recession. During the recession, the median American household income fell by $1,002 (from $55,480 to $54,478). During the recovery—that is, from the officially defined end of the recession (in June 2009) to the most recent month for which figures are available (June 2013)—the median American household income has fallen by $2,380 (from $54,478 to $52,098). So the typical American household is making almost $2,400 less per year (in constant 2013 dollars) than it was four years ago, when the Obama “recovery” began.

As a result, 121% of the gains in real income during Obama’s recovery have gone to the top 1%. By comparison, the top 1% captured 65% of income gains during the Bush expansion of 2002-07, and 45% of the gains under Clinton’s expansion in the 1990s.

Obamanomics Fail: American Incomes Fell By Twice As Much During Obama 'Recovery' Than During 'Recession' | Independent Journal Review

FAIL.

The DC crew, congress critters and the POTUS alike, depend on massive amounts of campaign cash to stay in power. That kind of "support" does not come from grassroots folks like Joe Sixpack - it has but one source that will be protected at all (borrowed in your name) costs. ;)

The voters are free to make the final decision but the rich supply all of the leading contestants. Much like the WWE, the outcome may be predetermined, but the fans get excited and pay to watch the show anyway.

No, there's no recovery and the reality is things have gotten much worse.

Wait until the individual mandate kicks in, and families who are already struglling are now mandated to buy very expensive Insurance or pay a " fine".

Obama's economy is a house of cards, his biggest lie yet propped up with trillions in QE.

All the FEDs actions have done is pull untold amounts of money out if the private sector and redistributed it to the asset markets.

There are Consequences to letting the stupidist of the electorate decide our future.

The Democrats and Lib posters like to claim that massive growth is right around the corner, enough to offset the terrible policies that Obama's responsible for.

But they're desperately trying to justify their corrupt ideology that's failing miserably right before their eyes.

What happened to Biden's summer of recovery ?

What? It's only been 5 years. The Great Leap Forward is a ten year plan.

While this is an "independent" journal with an obvious agenda, the fact of the matter is that anyone can see it's a lot harder to earn a decent living than it was ten or twenty years ago.

And yet, the people with real money seem to be doing very well in earning even more income.

And this is due to liberal politics? Really? Somehow, that just doesn't make sense to me.

What? It's only been 5 years. The Great Leap Forward is a ten year plan.

When "leaping forward" takes ten years, who's got time for that? Some marriages don't last that long! We are an "instant gratification" society these days! :2dance:

Now don't get me wrong. I am no friend of Obama's. But considering the state of the economy, the size of the debt and fixed costs when he took over? He has not done so badly yet. We may really hit a bad patch, when the FED stops buying Treasuries and the debt has to be reduced. But so far it has been relatively smooth riding.

But in all honesty, do you think we can get out of the mess we are in without some real pain? If you do, I hope you are right.

When "leaping forward" takes ten years, who's got time for that? Some marriages don't last that long! We are an "instant gratification" society these days! :2dance:
Comrade Obama urges patience, grasshopper. Mao's Great Leap Forward was a 30 year plan. 10 years is a pittance in comparison. I picked 10 because obviously 5 wasn't enough. It sucks to have to wait, but following the leap comes the landing, and as it stands now, we won't clear the gutter.

Why dont these lazy people with declining incomes work longer and or find better paying jobs

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...od-workers-urged-stage-nationwide-strike.html

That is the advice given to the fast food workers in the thread above is it not (from a significant number of posters). Why should other workers be given a pass. They should just develop new skills and get a better job.

Oh, yes, since there are so many jobs out there, why would anyone keep flipping burgers? They could go to work on the assembly line at GM, or perhaps qualify themselves for one of them many teaching jobs that the ads used to assure us would be begging to be filled (remember those ads?)

Now don't get me wrong. I am no friend of
Obama's. But considering the state of the economy, the size of the debt and fixed costs when he took over? He has not done so badly yet. We may really hit a bad patch, when the FED stops buying Treasuries and the debt has to be reduced. But so far it has been relatively smooth riding.

But in all honesty, do you think we can get out of the mess we are in without some real pain? If you do, I hope you are right.

Well he's got you snowed.

To think we NEEDED to go through a painful cycle at all ( other than the consequences of the Democrat mandated sub-prime bubble) just shows how detached from reality you are.

Ask the 20 plus million who have moved onto the food stamp rolls, or the millions of people who have fallen into poverty if its been a "smooth ride".

Obama has made things worse on a exponential scale and as long as idiots comprise the majority of our electorate things are going to cintinue to get even worse.

To think we NEEDED to go through a painful cycle at all ( other than the consequences of the Democrat mandated sub-prime bubble) just shows how detached from reality you are.

Ask the 20 plus million who have moved onto the food stamp rolls, or the millions of people who have fallen into poverty.

Obama has made things worse on a exponential scale and as long as idiots comprise the majority of our electorate things are going to cintinue to get even worse.

Democrat mandated sub-prime bubble?

Surely, you jest, or else have been taken in by people equating the fair housing act and the end of redlining as tantamount to mandating that the banks sell houses to people who can't afford them.

Democrat mandated
sub-prime bubble?

Surely, you jest, or else have been taken in by people equating the fair housing act and the end of redlining as tantamount to mandating that the banks sell houses to people who can't afford them.

Ah, your'e ignorant. Ok, no problem, I can provide plenty of data to show you that my description is accurate.

You know, stuff like Clintons numerous Executive orders that made up his 1995 National Home Owners Strategy, and his appointment of criminal Democrat politicians to run the GSEs ( Franklin Raines )...

But before I post page after page after page of data, let me ask you something.

If " redlining" was legitimate, that is people were being refused credit soley on the basis of skin color, WHY did they have to lower lending standards to combat it ?

Ah, your'e ignorant. Ok, no problem, I can provide plenty of data to show you that my description is accurate.

You know, stuff like Clintons numerous Executive orders that made up his 1995 National Home Owners Strategy, and his appointment of criminal Democrat politicians to run the GSEs ( Franklin Raines )...

But before I post page after page after page of data, let me ask you something.

If " redlining" was legitimate, that is people were being refused credit soley on the basis of skin color, WHY did they have to lower lending standards to combat it ?

We're all ignorant, just on different subjects. I'll forgive you your little faux pas insult if you will refrain from posting "page after page of data" and simply stick to the subject.

Remember, my original question was about your phrase "Democrat mandated sub-prime bubble"

If, indeed, the Democrats mandated the sub-prime bubble, then I am indeed ignorant of the specific bill that they passed mandating such a thing.

While this is an "independent" journal with an obvious agenda, the fact of the matter is that anyone can see it's a lot harder to earn a decent living than it was ten or twenty years ago.

And yet, the people with real money seem to be doing very well in earning even more income.

And this is due to liberal politics? Really? Somehow, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Blind partisanship does that to people. The "recovery" was always directed at filling the pocket books of the rich, from bond buying, to bailouts for billionaires; the Obama administration was never a "real" friend of the middle class.

The quotes are quite clear, under Obama the rich gained almost twice as much of the economic gains as they did under Bush, and three times as much as they did under Clinton. Agenda or not, I'm not seeing you dispute their facts.

Blind partisanship does that to people. The "recovery" was always directed at filling the pocket books of the rich, from bond buying, to bailouts for billionaires; the Obama administration was never a "real" friend of the middle class.

The quotes are quite clear, under Obama the rich gained almost twice as much of the economic gains as they did under Bush, and three times as much as they did under Clinton. Agenda or not, I'm not seeing you dispute their facts.

I'm not trying to dispute their facts. I can see that most of the recovery went to the upper crust. What I'm questioning is whether this redistribution of wealth is actually due to "liberal" politics. I suppose it depends on your definition of "liberal."

Now don't get me wrong. I am no friend of Obama's. But considering the state of the economy, the size of the debt and fixed costs when he took over? He has not done so badly yet. We may really hit a bad patch, when the FED stops buying Treasuries and the debt has to be reduced. But so far it has been relatively smooth riding.

0bama's handling of the economy is like bringing in a relief pitcher in the bottom of the 9th, with the bases loaded, in a tie ball game

...and he hits the batter on the first pitch he throws.

Obama's recovery ...sadly has been systematically thwarted by the right wing.
Without the right wing "gumming" up the system ...things would have been better.

The debt ceiling debacle is up coming ....watch the right deal yet another self inflicted wound to the American economy and the American people.

You people have no shame ......nobody believes in your cause and your phony ..."patriotism"!!

0bama's handling of the economy is like bringing in a relief pitcher in the bottom of the 9th, with the bases loaded, in a tie ball game
...and he hits the batter on the first pitch he throws.

I am afraid he has done the same with healthcare and Syria. But we knew he was not very experienced, when we made him president. We can't really blame him for that.
And, as I said earlier, he didn't start the fire.

But we knew he was not very experienced, when we made him president. We can't really blame him for that.

No...but I blame the ignorant wealth-envious sycophants who voted for him. I blame the "gimme gimme gimme" lowest common denominator. The fools who have no redeeming qualities, yet demand an over-inflated paycheck. The ones who embrace his Chicago-thug tactics, just as long as "they get something from it." The simpletons who'd rather blame others for their failures, than take responsibility and do something positive for themselves.

Ask the 20 plus million who have moved onto the food stamp rolls, or the millions of people who have fallen into poverty if its been a "smooth ride".

I know all that. And as I said, we will be very lucky, if that was all.

Back
Top Bottom