• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is this what Mormons really believe?

There's Nothing "less Liberal than a Liberal" and Nothing more Critically profane than a resentful ex Member of almost anything. In short Religion frequently brings out the worst in those who have parted company with it.
But what is more liberal then a bird in the hand? Two stones or three, as it were.

There's Nothing "less Liberal than a Liberal" and Nothing more Critically profane than a resentful ex Member of almost anything. In short Religion frequently brings out the worst in those who have parted company with it.

because their eyes have been opened to the snow job and they are no longer blinded by unquestioning uncritical faith.

I will hold you to that rule, you know.

Feel free to read this thread in its entirety. I'm one of the only people here who has substantiated my claims with direct quotes and statistical data. :roll:

Yeah, there's nothing worse than actually knowing what you're talking about and providing real evidence. :D

because their eyes have been opened to the snow job and they are no longer blinded by unquestioning uncritical faith.

Not in most cases. Remember Joseph Stalin was a Seminary dropout.

Jerry Brown is also a Seminary dropout. He has deep problems, none of which has prevented him from lining his pockets in a modest way.

The LDS church controls and manipulates the state legislature....

Some statistics for you to think about.....

The LDS Family Services and their lawyer, Jenkins sure are making a heck of lot money selling other people's kids to adoptive LDS parents at 40K a pop (see links above). So if you know anything about the LDS church then you know they care more about money and empire building than do about their members. So be sure your tithing is paid in full, brother, or you won't get your temple recommend. In Utah we call it "Pay to Pray".
just for you Catz....

Jerry Brown is also a Seminary dropout. He has deep problems, none of which has prevented him from lining his pockets in a modest way.
Yes, but Jerry Brown is still alive. That's the big difference.

Let's just say a few here can lapse into stuff that might belong in the lower portion of this board and (possibly) they know they'll get away with it based on the past.

After the fact in the temple - almost everyone is related to him, are you surprised he turned up in someones genealogy?
would have to be on my mother's side, she was a royal pain in the arse til the day she died....no friends to attend, and only half her children....plus the preacher and his wife at the piano...:(

would have to be on my mother's side, she was a royal pain in the arse til the day she died....no friends to attend, and only half her children....plus the preacher and his wife at the piano...:(

Your mother was like Ghenghis Khan? You have my sympathy. My mother is apparently related to Attila the Hun. She loves to ride horses and torture people.

so was your attempted support of moot a direct quote or statistical wishful thinking?:2razz:

Well, I agree with her in theory, but perhaps not in all the specifics. ;)

In general, I would suggest that Utah's adoption laws are ripe for exploitation, by design. And, that they are similarly designed to offer children without fully engaging the biodad in consenting to the adoption.

How about mild dislike?
more like irritating, mixed with sympathy for your inability to let it go...
and speaking of letting it go, more about dear old mom. She had a very hard life which was the source of her bitterness, but she just wouldn't let it go and move forward. She resented the education her children got, altho none of us graduated from High School. We all bailed just to get away from her.

Your mother was like Ghenghis Khan? You have my sympathy. My mother is apparently related to Attila the Hun. She loves to ride horses and torture people.

well, at least she didn't torture horses....that would have been an offense that could be prosecuted..

Well, I agree with her in theory, but perhaps not in all the specifics. ;)

In general, I would suggest that Utah's adoption laws are ripe for exploitation, by design. And, that they are similarly designed to offer children without fully engaging the biodad in consenting to the adoption.
I would guess that a lot, if not most, biodads would be relieved to avoid the responsibility. The excited penis has no conscience....

Back
Top Bottom