• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this the new Florida?

Tweety is a white nationalist. save your propaganda for the gullible.

He's not, but it's nice that your susceptibility to the propagandists lying is so clearly displayed.

How proud you must be!

Trump just delivered a SOTU Address that was hope filled, documented many successes for the American people, included ALL Americans, set an optimistic tone for the future and demonstrated the nobility of our culture.

Mistaking the text of the speech for the Constitution, Pelosi tore it up.

He's not, but it's nice that your susceptibility to the propagandists lying is so clearly displayed.

How proud you must be!

Trump just delivered a SOTU Address that was hope filled, documented many successes for the American people, included ALL Americans, set an optimistic tone for the future and demonstrated the nobility of our culture.

Mistaking the text of the speech for the Constitution, Pelosi tore it up.

He is. You can't propaganda him out of it. I find custom realities to be boring, so I won't be wasting much more time on yours.

Trump's efforts to address the trade inequities are the main slower of the economy. Those problems were bequeathed to him by the inaction of his predecessors.

The FACT that Trump is addressing this and so many other problems that his predecessors ignored or exacerbated should be refreshing for everyone.
Trumps tariffs are entirely his own, don't try to blame others. There were a million different directions he could have gone, and he chose the path that would hurt the consumer the most.

What Trump is doing reminds me of the revolution in quality controls that were inspired by the butt whipping administered to our auto makers by the Japanese in the 1970's.

The Big 3 Auto Makers were comfortable doing everything wrong even though it wasn't working. That is very similar to our government.
The difference being that Nixon and Ford didn't slap tariffs on everything that moved, unlike Trump. The economy was already suffering from a recession since 1974, far worse that the 2008 recession. It would have been stupid to make it even worse with tariffs.

The parade of State Department Types who got out of the Clown Car to testify before the House is a perfect example of the idiocy that grips our government in general and our foreign relations in particular.

It was hysterical that these testifying idiots were acting on rumors spread by morons who knew nothing and pretended they actually knew what they were doing.

When finally questioned regarding the instructions they received, it was revealed they were doing things in direct opposition to what Trump ordered.

Then they criticized Trump because the misinformation they accepted and subsequently participated in formulating was not helpful.

MORONS! By testifying to their stupidity they might as well have been wearing dunce hats. MORONS!

I have no idea what the Department of State has to do with the economy, or why Trump continues to keep Obama appointees. He is obviously very politically stupid. A smart politician would have fired every prior administration appointee upon taking the oath of office, but that certainly doesn't describe Trump.

Trumps tariffs are entirely his own, don't try to blame others. There were a million different directions he could have gone, and he chose the path that would hurt the consumer the most..

Im a consumer. I haven't even noticed. When will I feel the hurt?

Im a consumer. I haven't even noticed. When will I feel the hurt?

You already are. You are just not paying attention as prices increase due to Trump's tariffs. The entire nation is hurting due to Trump's tariffs. A normal economy should be above 3% growth. Trump is keeping the economy from growing at a normal rate due to his tariffs. So try to pay closer attention.

He is. You can't propaganda him out of it. I find custom realities to be boring, so I won't be wasting much more time on yours.

That's an interesting term.

It's little wonder that you use it.

What are the directional proposals from the State of the Union address made by Trump with which you find issue?

Trumps tariffs are entirely his own, don't try to blame others. There were a million different directions he could have gone, and he chose the path that would hurt the consumer the most.

The difference being that Nixon and Ford didn't slap tariffs on everything that moved, unlike Trump. The economy was already suffering from a recession since 1974, far worse that the 2008 recession. It would have been stupid to make it even worse with tariffs.

I have no idea what the Department of State has to do with the economy, or why Trump continues to keep Obama appointees. He is obviously very politically stupid. A smart politician would have fired every prior administration appointee upon taking the oath of office, but that certainly doesn't describe Trump.

The tariffs are the tool available to restrict access to the markets in any country. Ours included.

They are routinely employed by all countries to benefit their populations. Trump has used them to help bring other countries to the negotiating table. It has worked.

I heard many, many warnings that the tariffs would increase retail prices for product that I buy. Inflation has not been high. In truth it's been VERY low. IN WHAT WAY WAS "THE CONSUMER" HURT?

Nixon and Ford employing tariffs or not has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said regarding the processes involved in quality engineering in the 1970's.

The revolution in quality control is the result of the ideas of Edwards Deming, the rejection of those ideas by the Big 3 and the acceptance of those ideas by Toyota. This is not a state secret.

The State Department Dupes who testified before the House committee were idiots repeating falsehoods that they picked up from other dupes, primarily Sondland, repeating falsehoods.

This only actual eye witness testifier said that Trump told him the exact opposite of what the other lying butt holes repeated in quoting him when he lied to them about what he presumed, assumed, guessed he thought Trump might think.

That's an interesting term.

It's little wonder that you use it.

What are the directional proposals from the State of the Union address made by Trump with which you find issue?

I turned it off when the white nationalist started misrepresenting and lying.

The tariffs are the tool available to restrict access to the markets in any country. Ours included.

They are routinely employed by all countries to benefit their populations. Trump has used them to help bring other countries to the negotiating table. It has worked.

I heard many, many warnings that the tariffs would increase retail prices for product that I buy. Inflation has not been high. In truth it's been VERY low. IN WHAT WAY WAS "THE CONSUMER" HURT?
Who do you think pays for tariffs?

In 2018 the price of solar panels increased by 20% and washing machines increased by 50% due to Trump's tariffs.

Trump Slaps Tariffs On Imported Solar Panels And Washing Machines : The Two-Way : NPR

Also in 2018 the price of steel imports increased by 25% and the price of aluminum imports increased by 15%.

Trump Formally Orders Tariffs On Steel, Aluminum Imports : NPR

If you can't see how artificially inflating prices can harm the economy then there is no help for you.

You already are. You are just not paying attention as prices increase due to Trump's tariffs.

Prices have increased for the entirety of my 59 yr old life. And it currently is offset by the increasing incomes. What Chinese imports have you been buying where you've noticed this price increase?

In 2018 the price of solar panels increased by 20% and washing machines increased by 50% due to Trump's tariffs..

No they didn't. That's an amazingly flawed understanding of the effect of tariffs.

I turned it off when the white nationalist started misrepresenting and lying.

What was the particular point made in the speech that caused your self censorship?

Not that it matters. I elected to not watch it at all. I've never seen one that recently varies much from the formula established by Reagan.

What was the particular point made in the speech that caused your self censorship?

Not that it matters. I elected to not watch it at all. I've never seen one that recently varies much from the formula established by Reagan.

He was spouting some bull****, as usual. I agree that the SOTU is generally self congratulatory pomp and circumstance.

In 2018 the price of solar panels increased by 20% and washing machines increased by 50% due to Trump's tariffs.

Trump Slaps Tariffs On Imported Solar Panels And Washing Machines : The Two-Way : NPR

Also in 2018 the price of steel imports increased by 25% and the price of aluminum imports increased by 15%.

Trump Formally Orders Tariffs On Steel, Aluminum Imports : NPR

If you can't see how artificially inflating prices can harm the economy then there is no help for you.

Do you really not understand this issue at all in any way? Your post indicates that you do not.

My question was a pretty simple one. You did not answer it and instead chose to address an issue almost entirely unrelated to it.

I asked about end user pricing and you replied regarding tariff levels. China, being a currency manipulator, simply changes the value of its currency to absorb tariff costs. It's like burning the furniture to stay warm.

To function properly, our economy needs some inflation. 2% is what they say we need. In times of recession, inflation is very low. In times of expansion, it is higher. Currently we are in an expansion.

About the time of the imposition of the tariffs, our inflation was at the right general rate, around 2%. It still is. If there is not runaway inflation, prices are not increasing. This is not rocket science.

In passing, when I bought my house in September, 2019, I found a pretty good deal on a washer dryer pair for about $650 each: Samsung with all the bells and whistles. Regular price about $1100 each.

If you do a little shopping, you can usually find a better deal. I love capitalism and the options and variety it provides.

United States Inflation Rate | 1914-2019 Data | 2020-2022 Forecast | Calendar

[FONT=&quot][h=2]The US consumer price inflation rate climbed to 2.3 percent year-on-year in December 2019 from 2.1 percent in the previous month and in line with market consensus. That was the highest rate since October 2018, boosted by a sharp rebound in energy costs (3.4 percent vs -0.6 percent in November). Food inflation, however, eased to 1.8 percent from 2.0 percent. Additional price increases were recorded for medical care commodities, medical care services and shelter. The core inflation rate, which excludes volatile items such as food and energy, was unchanged at 2.3 percent, also in line with market forecasts.[/h]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • 1Y
  • 5Y
  • 10Y
  • 25Y
  • MAX
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT] Chart
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT] Compare
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT] Export
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT] API
  • [FONT=&quot][/FONT] Embed

united-states-inflation-cpi.png

[/FONT]

Last edited:
He was spouting some bull****, as usual. I agree that the SOTU is generally self congratulatory pomp and circumstance.

What I've seen of the clips and the highlight reels, nothing in the speech was untrue. Were there myriad lies as the Dems would have us believe?

In all examples such as the one you present, I always just look at the first one. The first propagandist "fact checker" apparently took issue with the person who said, "Madame Speaker, the President of the United States!". Astonishing and revealing.

This reveals the outlandish bias of the "fact checkers" but doesn't address anything said by Trump, let's just skip that one and move on to the next one.

In the first case in which the "fact checker" takes issue with something Trump said, he objects to Trump saying that "jobs are booming".

He justifies his objection by saying that in the 38 months before the election, slightly more jobs were added than in the 38 months after the election. Okay...

That's not what Trump said. Why your "fact checker" chose to address that point not mentioned is revealing either of his motivation or his stupidity. I wonder why he didn't decide to attack Trump because Trump didn't address the Infield Fly Rule.

The sentence from which he lifts the objectionable phrase was this:

"Jobs are booming,
incomes are soaring,
poverty is plummeting,
crime is falling,
confidence is surging, and
our country is thriving and highly respected again."

Does this objection seem at all petty to you? He objected to nothing else in that sentence.

In truth, jobs are booming. There are more jobs available than there are workers to fill them and the wage rates are varying up and down around the highest levels ever.

Wages are also rising at rates faster than inflation.

Is this really what you call a lie? The lie exists only in the mind of the biased, agenda driven propagandist lying about what Trump said.

As Joe Biden might say if regained lucidity long enough to say it before he drifted away again, "C'mon, man!"

Last edited:
In all examples such as the one you present, I always just look at the first one. The first propagandist "fact checker" apparently took issue with the person who said, "Madame Speaker, the President of the United States!". Astonishing and revealing.

This reveals the outlandish bias of the "fact checkers" but doesn't address anything said by Trump, let's just skip that one and move on to the next one.

In the first case in which the "fact checker" takes issue with something Trump said, he objects to Trump saying that "jobs are booming".

He justifies his objection by saying that in the 38 months before the election, slightly more jobs were added than in the 38 months after the election. Okay...

That's not what Trump said. Why your "fact checker" chose to address that point not mentioned is revealing either of his motivation or his stupidity. I wonder why he didn't decide to attack Trump because Trump didn't address the Infield Fly Rule.

The sentence from which he lifts the objectionable phrase was this:

"Jobs are booming,
incomes are soaring,
poverty is plummeting,
crime is falling,
confidence is surging, and
our country is thriving and highly respected again."

Does this objection seem at all petty to you? He objected to nothing else in that sentence.

In truth, jobs are booming. There are more jobs available than there are workers to fill them and the wage rates are varying up and down around the highest levels ever.

Wages are also rising at rates faster than inflation.

Is this really what you call a lie? The lie exists only in the mind of the biased, agenda driven propagandist lying about what Trump said.

As Joe Biden might say if regained lucidity long enough to say it before he drifted away again, "C'mon, man!"

Lousy deflection, but pretty much what I expected. Peace, and have a good day.

Lousy deflection, but pretty much what I expected. Peace, and have a good day.

Specifically addressing the example you cite which destroys the premise you assert is not a deflection.

Your inability to recognize propaganda is noted.

Back
Top Bottom