• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this the new Florida?

Unfortunately Trump just approved the Ukraine package and sold them the missiles in December. Now he has no basis to ask for a favor to get to the bottom of this.
I’m sure Ukraine will be looking for another handout. A billion dollars doesn’t go as far as it once did.

I’m sure Ukraine will be looking for another handout. A billion dollars doesn’t go as far as it once did.

certainly not when they have to use it to buy american weapons and equipment

They could just buy blankets.

I suppose, but ultimately US aid comes in the form of buying US products. From what I have read, what Trump held up was really the official sell of sniper rifles, rpgs, radars and the like.

It is unfair to all voters in later states. The primary system should be changed.

What you seem to want is a very early POTUS primary held in all states on the same day. That idea would include more (major party) POTUS candidates but would also eliminate all but one major party POTUS candidate (per party) many (9?) months before the general election.

What you seem to want is a very early POTUS primary held in all states on the same day. That idea would include more (major party) POTUS candidates but would also eliminate all but one major party POTUS candidate (per party) many (9?) months before the general election.

I support a national primary day. It doesn't have to be early. Have it in May.

It is unfair to all voters in later states. The primary system should be changed.
If this happens in New Hampshire most likely will be.

Iowa needs to have a do-over caucus on Saturday considering their clear disenfranchisement actions here.

Iowa needs to have a do-over caucus on Saturday considering their clear disenfranchisement actions here.
Possible lower turnout if they did. Especially on a Saturday-a traditional party day.

I'm tired of early states having a more influential vote than the rest of the country. National primary day would be a good evolution of a flawed process.

Nobody understands the Primary system anyway. There’s two major problems with the system (besides, again, the fact that it makes no damn sense).

1)Whoever wins the Iowa Primary has the momentum from that win to win other Primaries. It is, in other words, an important symbolic victory that basically determines who the eventual nominee is going to be. The power this gives one state can’t be overstated.

2)Iowa doesn’t look like the rest of Democratic demographics. Iowa is 90% white, but white people make up 60% of the Democratic Party overall. In light of #1, as well as Yang’s astute observation about racial economic disparity and resulting donations, the selection of Democratic nominees is skewed in a way that doesn’t reflect the makeup of the Democratic Party itself.

The Primary system is stupid, but if you’re going to keep it, at least make the first state the one that actually looks like the Democratic Party. Therefore, I propose Illinois since white people make up 61%, and therefore most closely resembles the Democratic Party overall.

Last edited:
I liked it better when New Hampshire was the first primary state. Then the idiots out wandering around had to jump into the first spot. Add to that electronic voting, apps, and social media campaigning and you have a recipe for a **** storm.

I admit I don't know how this caucus thing works. Do you think it should be abolished?

But you are quick to cast suspicion on outside elements.
This is a technology failure.
No one bothered to sufficiently beta test the app, and not enough people trained users on the app.
And I suspect that not enough resources were devoted to OPERATING the app at the other end, as evidenced by the on-air phone call where the campaign workers running the app simply HUNG UP on a precinct reporter attempting to file results after being on hold for an hour.

The result is, it's "1973"* all over again, and by that I simply mean they have to count PAPER.

*(or insert any "pre-internet" year of your choice)

I liked it better when New Hampshire was the first primary state. Then the idiots out wandering around had to jump into the first spot. Add to that electronic voting, apps, and social media campaigning and you have a recipe for a **** storm.

The Russians didn't hurt us this time, and neither did the Trump Dirty Tricksters.
The ones who did fail us, sadly, were the NERDS.

The Russians didn't hurt us this time, and neither did the Trump Dirty Tricksters.

The programmers messed up. They probably even installed a backdoor thinking that no one would be interested in hacking the app. No one did, but app hacking is child's play if anyone really wanted to do it.

But you are quick to cast suspicion on outside elements.
This is a technology failure.
No one bothered to sufficiently beta test the app, and not enough people trained users on the app.
And I suspect that not enough resources were devoted to OPERATING the app at the other end, as evidenced by the on-air phone call where the campaign workers running the app simply HUNG UP on a precinct reporter attempting to file results after being on hold for an hour.

The result is, it's "1973"* all over again, and by that I simply mean they have to count PAPER.

*(or insert any "pre-internet" year of your choice)

Pardon me. I was merely reflecting what I’ve been reading. And now seeing on the tv media reporting of it. So I consider myself in good company.

I admit I don't know how this caucus thing works. Do you think it should be abolished?

I think after this debacle, there will be thousands of Iowans calling for a switch to primary elections fully controlled by the Secretary of State. There is no excuse for political parties to have any say in how elections work.

I think after this debacle, there will be thousands of Iowans calling for a switch to primary elections fully controlled by the Secretary of State. There is no excuse for political parties to have any say in how elections work.
That’s an excellent point. Can’t remember why it is this way.

The DNC questions whether they should be part of the Democratic Party.

And they're super smart. Capable of snatching crushing defeat from the very jaws of victory!

Don't blame the tools, or the folks that invented the tools, blame the dumb ass users.

What's so hard in this day and age about just having an election...no primaries, caucuses, etc. You get 1 week, everyone cast their vote, and voila, the end.

Nobody understands the Primary system anyway. There’s two major problems with the system (besides, again, the fact that it makes no damn sense).

1)Whoever wins the Iowa Primary has the momentum from that win to win other Primaries. It is, in other words, an important symbolic victory that basically determines who the eventual nominee is going to be. The power this gives one state can’t be overstated.

2)Iowa doesn’t look like the rest of Democratic demographics. Iowa is 90% white, but white people make up 60% of the Democratic Party overall. In light of #1, as well as Yang’s astute observation about racial economic disparity and resulting donations, the selection of Democratic nominees is skewed in a way that doesn’t reflect the makeup of the Democratic Party itself.

The Primary system is stupid, but if you’re going to keep it, at least make the first state the one that actually looks like the Democratic Party. Therefore, I propose Illinois since white people make up 61%, and therefore most closely resembles the Democratic Party overall.

This...could be...the single best non partisan issue of the year.

Maybe the orange fool should learn a couple more superlatives so that he can bleat about it tonight. I'm sure that his cult will lap it up like pigs at the trough. It will be outstanding, amazing, and incredible.

Well he came up "Blue Collar Boom". Was that new? I suppose it makes little difference if the phrase is new. The reality is new.

This bottom up part of the "recovery" didn't start until Trump started it.

In the mean time, Antsy Nancy shows the world how to make people think she is a rude, sour, hate filled partisan hack with no honor, no patriotism and no courtesy.

If she is not actually a rude, sour, hate filled partisan hack with no honor, no patriotism and no courtesy, her act is very well constructed. And VERY convincing!

Well he came up "Blue Collar Boom". Was that new? I suppose it makes little difference if the phrase is new. The reality is new.

This bottom up part of the "recovery" didn't start until Trump started it.

In the mean time, Antsy Nancy shows the world how to make people think she is a rude, sour, hate filled partisan hack with no honor, no patriotism and no courtesy.

If she is not actually a rude, sour, hate filled partisan hack with no honor, no patriotism and no courtesy, her act is very well constructed. And VERY convincing!

It's the longest recovery in American history. It began after the Bush crash.

Back
Top Bottom