• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this the new Florida?

I would suggest that there is the very distinct probability that Trump, in coordination with Russia, hacked the Democrat's voting app and likely inserted subversives in the caucuses with the express intention of sowing discord. Every single sign in Iowa points to EXACTLY the type of election interference Schiff so compellingly and brilliantly explained over the past several months and what the Democrats in DC so heroically impeached him for. I mean, why else would this happen on the very eve of the State of the Union address?

The signs are clear as can be and there is literally no other explanation than that Trump personally organized this for his own personal benefit.

Yep, and when Trump and many around him deny Schiff's (latest?) solid accusation of election interference it will be absolute proof of yet another cover up.

I'm tired of early states having a more influential vote than the rest of the country. National primary day would be a good evolution of a flawed process.

Nope, having a national primary day would encourage (require?) POTUS hopefuls to have the resources to campaign in every state/district simultaneously.

Nope, having a national primary day would encourage (require?) POTUS hopefuls to have the resources to campaign in every state/district simultaneously.

TS. The way it stands, most of the candidates have dropped out by the time that I get to vote. That isn't even in the same galaxy as fair.

TS. The way it stands, most of the candidates have dropped out by the time that I get to vote. That isn't even in the same galaxy as fair.

Most had dropped out (aka suspended their POTUS campaigns) even before the Iowa "gatherings" started.

It'd wildly undemocratic, so opaque that trying to inject transparency into it has completely broken it, and this particular one is unrepresentative of the nation and the party.

Let's hope this debacle kills it for good.

How are caucuses undemocratic? They are the very essence of democracy! All the people vote for their preferred candidate. The most viable candidates, as determined by that direct vote, are selected. Voters who supported a non-viable candidate then get to choose one of the viable ones, choose to make a previously non-viable candidate viable or they can walk away. That's what democracy is all about...join the majority or shuffle your sorry carcass back home. How can a liberal NOT approve of caucuses?

I'm tired of early states having a more influential vote than the rest of the country. National primary day would be a good evolution of a flawed process.

I agree and I also agree with others that predict that the first caucus will be taken away from Iowa, and rightly so, not only because of the debacle last night. Look at the caucus members, the black and Hispanic faces could be counted on two hands. The prime spots in back of Pete Buttigieg were filled by young black women cheering wildly. That's not a coincidence. Everyone, even Pete, uses the same silent political tactics. Like Trump frequently 'inviting' that guy that's known as 'Michael the Black man' in back of him on the stage at many of his rallies holding a big sign "Blacks for Trump".

Trump supporters are supposed to think, 'oh great, Blacks support my president too!' In reality, Michael the Black man goes by two aliases, Michael Symonette and Mikael Israel but his real name is Maurice Woodside and he is one of the 'front row Joe's' as they're referred to.

" He briefly came to media attention in September 2008, when he accused Oprah Winfrey of being the devil, and Barack Obama of being endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan, at one of Obama's speeches in Coral Gables "

Michael the Black Man - Wikipedia

I forgot to mention something about 'Michael the Black man', he's been paid to travel to Trump's rallies and he's has also been charged with several felony acts in past years. Look at any candidate at a rally but just focus on who's standing behind them. Each person is very carefully hand-picked. In 2018, 'plaid shirt guy', one of the 'front row Joe's', was pulled out at a Trump rally and replaced because he just wasn't being enthusiastic enough. You can always tell whose vote the candidate on stage is aiming at by the people standing in back of them.

This Guy In A Plaid Shirt Was Removed From Behind Trump At A Rally For Making The Shadiest Facial Expressions

Honestly we should be more like Canada and do it all in 6 weeks or so. The way it is now we begin over a year ahead and many dont make it to the first vote. A year ago, Kamala Harris was the "one to beat" along with Beto. They didnt even make it to the first vote. Thats really not right. The media controlled their narrative not the voters.

Most had dropped out (aka suspended their POTUS campaigns) even before the Iowa "gatherings" started.

Iowans get a much broader field than I do. I'd like to see that change.

Wonder how long it takes before this thread is flushed.

Honestly we should be more like Canada and do it all in 6 weeks or so. The way it is now we begin over a year ahead and many dont make it to the first vote. A year ago, Kamala Harris was the "one to beat" along with Beto. They didnt even make it to the first vote. Thats really not right. The media controlled their narrative not the voters.

I agree with you pilot.

How are caucuses undemocratic? They are the very essence of democracy! All the people vote for their preferred candidate. The most viable candidates, as determined by that direct vote, are selected. Voters who supported a non-viable candidate then get to choose one of the viable ones, choose to make a previously non-viable candidate viable or they can walk away. That's what democracy is all about...join the majority or shuffle your sorry carcass back home. How can a liberal NOT approve of caucuses?

They’re archaic, deliberately exclusionary, and obviously don’t employ a secret ballot.

Making it harder for people to participate is the right’s ideal of democracy, not mine.

Learning experience.

I imagine if this thing doesn't go well for Bernie a lot of his supporters will echo your sentiment. Could they riot?

Nah. But some them might just abandon the DNC for good.

End thread.

They’re archaic, deliberately exclusionary, and obviously don’t employ a secret ballot.

Making it harder for people to participate is the right’s ideal of democracy, not mine.

So you don't necessarily want "democracy". You want your version of democracy. Basically, you want your opinions and concerns to count as much as those of everyone else. Nothing personal, but that sounds rather Republican to me.

I would suggest that there is the very distinct probability that Trump, in coordination with Russia, hacked the Democrat's voting app and likely inserted subversives in the caucuses with the express intention of sowing discord. Every single sign in Iowa points to EXACTLY the type of election interference Schiff so compellingly and brilliantly explained over the past several months and what the Democrats in DC so heroically impeached him for. I mean, why else would this happen on the very eve of the State of the Union address?

The signs are clear as can be and there is literally no other explanation than that Trump personally organized this for his own personal benefit.

Yes, time to impeach. If only we had listened to Schiff.

Establishment needs more time to fix the results for Biden, I mean Russian interference RUSSIANS!!!!!

Yes, but instead of Russians, it could be Biden's Ukraine connections hacking into Iowa.

It would be something if someone like Schiff said the same. Still have another day left to vote for impeachment.

Well, yesterday Adam Schiff said that if we don't remove Trump he might sell Alaska to the Russians... so Lutherf is doing a subdued Schiif, if anything.

Yes, but instead of Russians, it could be Biden's Ukraine connections hacking into Iowa.

Unfortunately Trump just approved the Ukraine package and sold them the missiles in December. Now he has no basis to ask for a favor to get to the bottom of this.

Yep, and when Trump and many around him deny Schiff's (latest?) solid accusation of election interference it will be absolute proof of yet another cover up.

Yes. Democrats will demand Trump hand over all documents from his campaign regarding the Democratic Iowa Caucus and if Trump can't do it he will be charged with obstruction and impeached again for that cover up.

Back
Top Bottom