• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is this site really doing anything productive?

I generally find the Debate Politics Forum to be:

• A forum that promotes and encourages meaningful dialogue.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • A forum that is not conducive to meaningful dialogue.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I am undecided at this time.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
tryreading said:
I found this site about two months ago, and had never communicated in any similar forum. I am hooked on this place. I disagree with you on a couple of things. I have changed my opinion on a few (non-profound) things as a result of talking with the diverse people here. As one learns, his opinions are likely to change. Some of the posters are very well informed, others have such a strong opinion on some issues that they can discuss them in compelling ways. Course there are quite a few who only want to inflame, like you say, and some who are here just to stroke their egos.

I get mad because of some of the posts, but another reason I like to argue here is I can allow myself time to calm down before responding. I'm not real good at debating in person, sometimes the anger at someone's comment takes over, so talking this way usually helps me stay reasonable and on-message.

Also, there is a benefit. Expressing yourself is necessary and healthy. And here, there are many who will see your posts, and you're going to hear from folks who agree with you, disagree, don't understand you, like your attitude, feel your anger, some who will damn you to Hell. Even the name-callers have a positive function, to me, as some of the most negative responses can be the most fun to respond to, and I like the challenge of causing somebody to curse me when I'm being civil.

Yeah, I'm pretty much hooked here too. I'll probably get fired from my job. Anyway it is a goood place to vent and I guess this thread was a result of frustration being new here. Looks like the only thing I have right on this one is most people here are anonymous. I myself must say that I have learned some things and have been enlighted. I can see the develpomental aspects of these forums.

tryreading said:
Wow! Only 18 posts and you already feel the love. That was too easy.

What can I say, feed back gives me a 'warm fuzzy' feeling.

Unfair said:
many here, especially the conservatives and the ones with the gavel are brickheaded and debating with them is pretty useless.
i love to debate but when you're doing so with someone is ignorant and not even trying to change their position or really listen, it's a waste.
i'm here because i'm bored.

What does that mean? I have a gavel, but DP.com pretty much assigned it to me, I don't know how to change it, besides, I would prefer and Eagle anyway, not a lame mule or pachyderm

Saboteur said:
What can I say, feed back gives me a 'warm fuzzy' feeling.

Per your signature, are you sure Benjamin Franklin said that, because Bubba 'Whoopass' Wilson, a radio figure here where I live, claims he did?

Back
Top Bottom