• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is this ok with you?

And this is a bunch of garbage post.

They are conservatives. Most are military. But thank you for showing your partisanship to the entire board.
No, there isn't. No self-respecting conservative would be found anywhere near Facebook. That is like claiming conservatives are communists. Leftists are habitual liars, as the fanatically leftist Facebook, Twitter, Google, and YouTube sites demonstrate on a daily basis. Those sites are only for leftist freaks, nobody else.

Like I said before, if they have a Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or YouTube account and claiming to be conservative they are actually leftists pretending to be conservatives and deliberately lying to you, like all leftist filth do.

lol what

I know plenty of conservatives on facebook.
No you don't. You know plenty of leftists who are intentionally lying and pretending to be conservatives. A conservative on Facebook is as realistic as a conservative communist. It never happens, despite your self-delusions to the contrary.

No, there isn't. No self-respecting conservative would be found anywhere near Facebook. That is like claiming conservatives are communists. Leftists are habitual liars, as the fanatically leftist Facebook, Twitter, Google, and YouTube sites demonstrate on a daily basis. Those sites are only for leftist freaks, nobody else.

Like I said before, if they have a Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or YouTube account and claiming to be conservative they are actually leftists pretending to be conservatives and deliberately lying to you, like all leftist filth do.

You've given us a master class in how the No True Scotsman fallacy works! Excellent job! Seriously - well done. You should copyright this and sell it to schools.

No you don't. You know plenty of leftists who are intentionally lying and pretending to be conservatives. A conservative on Facebook is as realistic as a conservative communist. It never happens, despite your self-delusions to the contrary.
Um, you dont know my mother, or my sister, or my brother-in-law. Most of the VERY conservative mounted shooters I compete with are on FB. The NRA is on FB with 44,000 members.

Your statements on this are ludicrous.

It's like the fundie religious people that tell me I'm not a Christian. :rolleyes: You dont decide what a person's perspective is. What you just wrote is about as unAmerican as you can get...it's "thought police-like."

IMO, you dont have any idea what FB is like, or used for. It's like you believe that conservatives dont have families and friends and share and coordinate plans and competitions, etc etc etc. :rolleyes:

Um, you dont know my mother, or my sister, or my brother-in-law. Most of the VERY conservative mounted shooters I compete with are on FB.

Your statements on this are ludicrous.

It's like the fundie religious people that tell me I'm not a Christian. :rolleyes: You dont decide what a person's perspective is. What you just wrote is about as unAmerican as you can get...it's "thought police-like."

IMO, you dont have any idea what FB is like, or used for. It's like you believe that conservatives dont have families and friends and share and coordinate plans and competitions, etc etc etc. :rolleyes:
The fact remains that all those who have Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or YouTube accounts are leftist filth. There isn't a single conservative among them. Just by having those accounts in the first place automatically makes them leftist filth. It is no different than belonging to a political party. All Democrats, for example, are anti-American mentally-deranged leftist freaks. Not a single conservative among them, much less an American.

The fact remains that all those who have Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or YouTube accounts are leftist filth. There isn't a single conservative among them. Just by having those accounts in the first place automatically makes them leftist filth. It is no different that belonging to a political party. All Democrats, for example, are anti-American mentally-deranged leftist freaks. Not a single conservative among them, much less an American.
Apparently you dont know the definition of the word 'fact.'

Your post must be a parody...there's no way a functioning adult can really believe that. Do you write for the Onion? Weird Al Yankovic?

Your post is so detached from reality that someone should send social services to your cabin for a mental health welfare check. You are spending way too much time alone.

Please tell me you are joking? (And btw, The Donald has a Twitter acct.)

The fact remains that all those who have Facebook, Twitter, Google, and/or YouTube accounts are leftist filth. There isn't a single conservative among them. Just by having those accounts in the first place automatically makes them leftist filth. It is no different than belonging to a political party. All Democrats, for example, are anti-American mentally-deranged leftist freaks. Not a single conservative among them, much less an American.
That is not a fact. That is nothing more than your unsubstantiated, and seemingly very uninformed opinion.

Someone is in serious denial. Contrary to your ramblings not everyone has to agree with your incredibly stupid assertions.

Do you know what an "internet provider" is? What about a publisher? No one is talking about internet providers.
I'm sure you could guess from context I was referring to internet CONTENT providers - that's only been the issue for the past 325 posts.

Only for that content, not everything, and only if it can be shown to be false. But the conversation, the issue is about removing being covered for liability completely.
The issue is content providers can't be held liable for information PASSING through their system. A good thing. If they choose to comment or modify that content - all bets should be off - they're acting as providers , editors or publishers.

Look. Im not a Trump freak.

Yes you are.

I AM someone who VALUES MY FREEDOM AND YOURS!!!!

If we dont have access to ALL the information, ESPECIALLY at this level, we are in REAL trouble.

This word: "INFORMATION"...I don't think it means what YOU think it means.
Information, as it pertains to media, is news, and news consists of facts which are true.

What social media outlets, and to some extent, the news media, have been doing, is eliminating DISINFORMATION.

Disinformation is demonstrably false propaganda, some of it harmful, harmful to individuals, and harmful to societies, even to democracy itself. When disinformation is weaponized, it has the ability to take down entire nations as has been amply proved over many decades of history.
If you want an America that resembles Rwanda, move there.

The law leaves it entirely up to the interactive computer service to determine what they find objectionable.. There are over two decades of law that rely on this principle... Go start your own site and allow whatever content you wish... A first amendment argument is even weaker. The owners of these sites have a first amendment right to only allow what they want on their sites. They have no first amendment responsibilities...
The 1A doesn't require you to advance something like 'balanced' viewpoints on your own website or platform or in your kitchen. You are 'free' to advance any damn opinion you want. If you host a platform like DP, you can kick anyone off for any reason or no reason, delete posts for any reason or no reason, and gear the entire effort to advance any cause you want. That is what 'freedom' looks like. It's not the government, or lawyers, using a threat of lawsuits or jail or other penalties to promote some balanced view of politics or abortion or fishing or dog training.

What about the left or the CDA prevents you or anyone else starting a digital platform that is friendly to conservatives? Ever heard of Parler? How is the left preventing Fox News from advancing a pro-Trump agenda every night? Should Fox be required to insert a "liberal" host, as deemed by some bureaucrat, into their prime time lineup, or else someone goes to jail or is fined? Can I sue Fox News if they don't agree to put me on air to counter Hannity's bullshit? They are suppressing my freedoms!!
The 'start your own platform' argument is nice, but doesn't address the monopoly, or near monopoly, that Twitter, Facebook and Google have achieved via the congress critters they've purchased.

If you remove the Section 230 protection, they will be held accountable for what others post, spread.

Doesn't matter what you expect. They are a private business. They should be able to limit posts as they see fit, not based on your "expectations".

Are you saying Rupert Murdoch doesn't donate to the Trump campaign? Seems like "donations in kind" applies very much to those who printed the story about Biden that others now expect to get free pass around, views anywhere simply because it may help their candidate.

Speaking of Section 230 protections, that section also states:
(2)Civil liabilityNo provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of—
(A)any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected; or

The inconsistency with which the social media's content policies have been applied, already documented in a previous post, clearly doesn't comport with 'any action voluntarily taken in good faith'. It certainly isn't 'good faith' given the inconsistency applied to content and users posts when clearly the decision point is which political view point. This is an example of 'bad faith', clearly.

The 'start your own platform' argument is nice, but doesn't address the monopoly, or near monopoly, that Twitter, Facebook and Google have achieved via the congress critters they've purchased.

They have purchase nothing, they EARNED their place in the market... suck it up and compete or die...

They have purchase nothing, they EARNED their place in the market... suck it up and compete or die...
Compete against a monopoly.
Wasn't the left end of the political spectrum that didn't like monopolies?
Oh, I get it. yet more consistency. You only like monopolies that politically benefit your side.
Same as with education, for example.
"Politics Uber Alles", as usual from the left.
Rather hypocritical and lacking in any sort of integrity in the extreme, don't you think?

Oh, I get it. yet more consistency. You only like monopolies that politically benefit your side.
Rather hypocritical and lacking in any sort of integrity in the extreme, don't you think?

LMAO... While they Uber, Lyft makes inroads and Turo is not far behind...

Censorship. Twitter. Facebook. Banning, removing, blocking posts exposing Bidens involvement in corruption, specific knowledge and involvement of his sons cash for access to Joe incidents, Bidens knowledge and involvement in illegal election tampering and spying, and more and more. Serious allegations. Seemingly with proof. And then blocking content, posts, that are pro Trump.
Look. Im not a Trump freak. I AM someone who VALUES MY FREEDOM AND YOURS!!!!
The easy response is the "theyre private companies" response. Dont cut it anymore. Social media has become too integrated into our lives. If the phone company cut you off if you were talking about something they didnt like, would you defend that? If we dont have access to ALL the information, ESPECIALLY at this level, we are in REAL trouble. And its only a matter of time to where it effects YOU!!! Not just those you may or may not support.
So.........
Do you support media...on line, in print, broadcast...blocking SERIOUS content harmful to one, but not the other.
Is this the America YOU want?
I rarely go on twitter, but I do worry about how and why they remove or block tweets.

But social media, generally speaking, is built upon reactions to things drawing views and responses. I worry more about the implications of that.

And of course the point wasn't the 100 million, or that the mean or median follower count is 19. None of those facts matter. What does are the lawsuits, and just one of those for a site like this can end the site. If every moderating decision is potentially a lawsuit, sites won't have comments or won't moderate.
And the point you keep ignoring is that your damages when I call you a Father Raper on a site like this is $0. Literally $0.

And the point you keep ignoring is that your damages when I call you a Father Raper on a site like this is $0. Literally $0.
You need to stop referring to posts from JasperL as being from me.

Trump has 87 million followers. His tweets get 20k retweets, etc...

And of course the point wasn't the 100 million, or that the mean or median follower count is 19. None of those facts matter. What does are the lawsuits, and just one of those for a site like this can end the site. If every moderating decision is potentially a lawsuit, sites won't have comments or won't moderate.

So you're upset that Trump didn't enforce the antitrust laws on the books. OK.

Point is you're identifying a problem, that I agree with at least to some extent, then attacking another problem that isn't the one you identified. And the solution - the government forcing you as an individual or through your business to advance opinions in ways it likes - infringes on the 1A, versus expands those rights. Will you be comfortable when AOC regulators look out at Fox News and decide what is "fair and balanced or whatever to HER? I'd hope not, any more than I'm comfortable with a Trump flunky doing that to my business or the NYT or Twitter.

They aren't a monopoly. People freely decide where to post their information, their feelings, their interests. People are absolutely free and able without any effort to change to a different social media platform.

The issue is content providers can't be held liable for information PASSING through their system. A good thing. If they choose to comment or modify that content - all bets should be off - they're acting as providers , editors or publishers.
No, they should then only be held responsible for the comments they make. And they have every right to not allow certain things on their site. They are a private company. Their freedom of speech matters too.

No, they should then only be held responsible for the comments they make. And they have every right to not allow certain things on their site. They are a private company. Their freedom of speech matters too.
Point being they're NOT being held liable of comments, "factcheck" and editorializing. If they want to exercise freedom of speech, them like everyone else they should be held responsible just like everyone else. AND if they choose to modify or restrict the freedom of others they need to be held responsible.

Point being they're NOT being held liable of comments, "factcheck" and editorializing. If they want to exercise freedom of speech, them like everyone else they should be held responsible just like everyone else. AND if they choose to modify or restrict the freedom of others they need to be held responsible.
How are they not being held liable for fact checking? Unless their fact checks are wrong, there is nothing they can be sued for. And the complainant would have to prove they knew their fact checks were wrong prior to posting them. You don't have any sort of freedom to not be called out online for posting bullshit or conspiracy theories, for others to not correct you. And people do not have complete freedom to post anything they want to on another person's website.

They aren't a monopoly. People freely decide where to post their information, their feelings, their interests. People are absolutely free and able without any effort to change to a different social media platform.

They are a monopoly or a near monopoly. There isn't a competitor that is even close.
They are such a monopoly or near monopoly that they've become near utilities on the Information Super Highway.

So you're upset that Trump didn't enforce the antitrust laws on the books. OK.

Point is you're identifying a problem, that I agree with at least to some extent, then attacking another problem that isn't the one you identified. And the solution - the government forcing you as an individual or through your business to advance opinions in ways it likes - infringes on the 1A, versus expands those rights.

Fair. I am identifying a problem.

The hardest part is going to be what is the best, most correct and effective, yet least intrusive, thing to do about the problem? And, no, heavy handed government regulation of social media platforms doesn't have my support at this time.

Will you be comfortable when AOC regulators look out at Fox News and decide what is "fair and balanced or whatever to HER? I'd hope not, any more than I'm comfortable with a Trump flunky doing that to my business or the NYT or Twitter.

Agreed. See my statement above.

Back
Top Bottom