• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is this ok with you?

Rba1776

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Censorship. Twitter. Facebook. Banning, removing, blocking posts exposing Bidens involvement in corruption, specific knowledge and involvement of his sons cash for access to Joe incidents, Bidens knowledge and involvement in illegal election tampering and spying, and more and more. Serious allegations. Seemingly with proof. And then blocking content, posts, that are pro Trump.
Look. Im not a Trump freak. I AM someone who VALUES MY FREEDOM AND YOURS!!!!
The easy response is the "theyre private companies" response. Dont cut it anymore. Social media has become too integrated into our lives. If the phone company cut you off if you were talking about something they didnt like, would you defend that? If we dont have access to ALL the information, ESPECIALLY at this level, we are in REAL trouble. And its only a matter of time to where it effects YOU!!! Not just those you may or may not support.
So.........
Do you support media...on line, in print, broadcast...blocking SERIOUS content harmful to one, but not the other.
Is this the America YOU want?

If the phone company cut you off if you were talking about something they didnt like, would you defend that?

Yes they would defend phone companies refusing service to conservatives.

And its only a matter of time to where it effects YOU!!! Not just those you may or may not support.

The average leftist is no danger of being censored, because they will never say anything worth censoring. If the mainstream POV changes, they will change with it.

You don't need to have a facebook or any other social media account. As a matter of fact you're statistically less likely to be a douchebag if you don't.

You don't need to have a facebook or any other social media account. As a matter of fact you're statistically less likely to be a douchebag if you don't.
Agree, what are you doing inhabiting those sites and then getting mad when their free market terms of service don't please you?

Censorship. Twitter. Facebook. Banning, removing, blocking posts exposing Bidens involvement in corruption, specific knowledge and involvement of his sons cash for access to Joe incidents, Bidens knowledge and involvement in illegal election tampering and spying, and more and more. Serious allegations. Seemingly with proof. And then blocking content, posts, that are pro Trump.
The easy response is the "theyre private companies" response. Dont cut it anymore. Social media has become too integrated into our lives. If the phone company cut you off if you were talking about something they didnt like, would you defend that? If we dont have access to ALL the information, ESPECIALLY at this level, we are in REAL trouble. And its only a matter of time to where it effects YOU!!! Not just those you may or may not support.
So.........
Do you support media...on line, in print, broadcast...blocking SERIOUS content harmful to one, but not the other.
I'm am totally fine with private companies like Twitter and Facebook enforcing their own terms of service and exercising their constitutional rights to freedom of speech and association by obstructing a joint foreign and Trumpian disinformation campaign. Totally, 1000% fine with that.

Agree, what are you doing inhabiting those sites and then getting mad when their free market terms of service don't please you?

I don't inhabit those sites but I'm seeing more and more news stories about their banning this thought train and that thought train which they say violate their particular mindset.

I don't inhabit those sites but I'm seeing more and more news stories about their banning this thought train and that thought train which they say violate their particular mindset.
Well in a free market you can just go to different, competing sites. If their views are more popular, they will win many subscribers and have great profit time.

So.........

With regular print (and online news) media it happens all the time by reducing access to only certain people and promoting only certain stories that support a preffered political agenda. So, from a strictly informational point of view, what exactly is the difference between a medium which give access to every person and blocks it when his story violates certain policies and a medium which chooses not to give access at all to certain peope and their stories? The outcome is the same for the "neutral" person (if such person still exists in US politics).

So.........

Maybe NYP shouldn't publish stories from hacked/stolen emails that violate Twitter's TOS, and that include pretty hilariously doctored email images, which isn't a good sign the underlying emails they didn't validate are actually real. In other words, if NYP wasn't so reckless and irresponsible with this story, and did the bare minimum, then maybe the links wouldn't be banned.

The average leftist is no danger of being censored, because they will never say anything worth censoring. If the mainstream POV changes, they will change with it.

You'll have to refresh my memory here. Who is being censored? I've checked today and the NYP story is still up and they're publishing more of them. I bet you can get there with your mad google skills in about 10 seconds or less. People can discuss the story, they just cannot link to it, but can find it like you can. That's not censorship, it's private companies deciding not to allow the spreading of bullshit stories based on stolen emails. Should private companies be REQUIRED by Big Government to publish everything?

So.........

No, you're someone that's probably cutting a pretty low paycheck and living a fairly monotonous and miserable existence, Ivan.

Victims like trump, waaaaaaa.

I'm am totally fine with private companies like Twitter and Facebook enforcing their own terms of service and exercising their constitutional rights to freedom of speech and association by obstructing a joint foreign and Trumpian disinformation campaign. Totally, 1000% fine with that.
So why do they have antitrust exemptions?

You'll have to refresh my memory here. Who is being censored? I've checked today and the NYP story is still up and they're publishing more of them. I bet you can get there with your mad google skills in about 10 seconds or less. People can discuss the story, they just cannot link to it, but can find it like you can. That's not censorship, it's private companies deciding not to allow the spreading of bullshit stories based on stolen emails. Should private companies be REQUIRED by Big Government to publish everything?
LOL But bullshit stories based on stolen tax returns are fine. You guys are a hoot.

For almost all of American History, reporters and journalists took the time to make sure a story was true before they put it on the front page. That's not censorship, it's journalistic integrity and accuracy.

There is virtually no way any part of this story is true, but if Twitter doesn't take these steps a lie will make it halfway around the world before the Truth can get out of the starting blocks.

For almost all of American History, reporters and journalists took the time to make sure a story was true before they put it on the front page. That's not censorship, it's journalistic integrity and accuracy.

There is virtually no way any part of this story is true, but if Twitter doesn't take these steps a lie will make it halfway around the world before the Truth can get out of the starting blocks.
LOL But if you put RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA on the front page, you get a Pulitzer.

Breitbart and the other media of the extreme right do nt share your view. They consistently refuse to publish balanced accounts of events and stories from multiple political perspectives.

So cry me a river...

LMAO, yeah, some teens ruin a Trump rally on Tik Tok, and next we know Trump says it's a bit too dangerous for Americans. Ha ha yeah, NO.

Don't worry, I have a feeling after Trumps tweets are flagged he's working on a conspiracy theory to put into action to get rid of them as well. Welcome to Trumps Ginna.

Itś a bit different when it's a private company, isn't it? I mean, no cakes for gays, right? So, same holds for no lies for Trump, or QAon, etc.

So.........

They absolutely shouldn't allow their platforms to be used for disinformation campaigns by foreign intelligence agencies aimed at disrupting American elections. I'm pleasantly shocked they're acting responsibly this time around.

Victims like trump, waaaaaaa.
LMAO, yeah, some teens ruin a Trump rally on Tik Tok, and next we know Trump says it's a bit too dangerous for Americans. Ha ha yeah, NO.

Don't worry, I have a feeling after Trumps tweets are flagged he's working on a conspiracy theory to put into action to get rid of them as well. Welcome to Trumps Ginna.

Itś a bit different when it's a private company, isn't it? I mean, no cakes for gays, right? So, same holds for no lies for Trump, or QAon, etc.
No matter how polemically I describe leftist thought and behavior, I can never quite match the absurdity of the real thing.

Itś a bit different when it's a private company, isn't it? I mean, no cakes for gays, right? No lies for Trump.
No matter how polemically I describe leftist thought and behavior, I can never quite match the absurdity of the real thing.
You get flack because of the absurdity of Trump as a victim in all this. Itś is laughable.

so if conservatives get their way (they wont by the way) does this mean anything I post at DP can not be censored or infracted? Because you know, there are some choice words I'd like to have with some mods and users that currently break the TOS of a private website 😱

But what you're hearing isn't the actual reasons they got banned or their posts taken down.

They may complain all they want that it's bias, but it's usually stuff they've been warned about before. If I want to be rude in a political argument, I'd go to a different site, because this site doesn't like that. If they want to run articles accusing officials of misconduct with absolutely no evidence to back it up, go to tiktok. Or Breitbart. It's not really that hard to figure out. No one is putting a gag order on them--just take your garbage disinformation somewhere else.

So.........
I happen to be a big fan of the First Amendment. Tell you what ... When someone gets arrested for words they post on social media, come see me. I won't stand for that. Until then, you go into someone else's house (for free, no less!) and start promoting anything the owner doesn't like and see how much sympathy you get when they kick your ass out.

When you sign up to use any social media, you agree to the TOS. The TOS is not the Bill of Rights. Learn the difference.

Don't worry, I have a feeling after Trumps tweets are flagged he's working on a conspiracy theory to put into action to get rid of them as well.

I have seen no evidence that Trump is capable of work. Any past incident where he engaged in actual labor or put forth sustained effort to accomplish or learn something?

Back
Top Bottom