• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is This Music?

Deimos

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is just my opinion. I'm open to hearing yours. If you know of other singers who shouldn't try singing, please list them.

There are some people who shouldn't even try singing, such as Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, or Nikki Minaj. When she was younger, I did feel that Miley had good talent. Today, she still does, but she performs it wrong.

1. Miley Cyrus used to have some good songs. "The Climb" was actually, and is still as of today, one of my favorite songs. But recent performances, outfits, and her recent outfit has me going "WTF". I have actually noticed a trend: Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, and even Miley Cyrus herself, were all on Disney. It seems that most Disney actors end up going a bad direction at the time they are legal adults. Fortunately, Britney Spears and Christina seems to be getting on the right foot now, and Demi Lovato, too. Miley Cyrus... Not so much! I don't mind nudity, but she still has children watching and listening to her music. And the twerking... C'mon, who called that a dance?!

2. Justin Bieber just repeats a little too much in some of his songs, like "Baby". Yuck. And now he has that attitude of his to boot. "Rebellious" is an understatement. I don't even think he's been arrested yet. He probably wouldn't change for the better if he was, anyway. At least not until he's broke and homeless.

3. Nikki Minaj, in my opinion, just cannot dance. She might rap quite a bit, but I don't even understand her most of the time. In the song, "Stupid Hoe", that was just too weird. If she wants to be colorful, let her be a model. She does have the look. But she doesn't have the singing talent, to me.

"Songs" that goes "yeah... oh, yeah... uh-huh... yeah yeah" aren't good for me, either.

This is just my opinion. I'm open to hearing yours. If you know of other singers who shouldn't try singing, please list them.

There are some people who shouldn't even try singing, such as Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, or Nikki Minaj. When she was younger, I did feel that Miley had good talent. Today, she still does, but she performs it wrong.

1. Miley Cyrus used to have some good songs. "The Climb" was actually, and is still as of today, one of my favorite songs. But recent performances, outfits, and her recent outfit has me going "WTF". I have actually noticed a trend: Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, and even Miley Cyrus herself, were all on Disney. It seems that most Disney actors end up going a bad direction at the time they are legal adults. Fortunately, Britney Spears and Christina seems to be getting on the right foot now, and Demi Lovato, too. Miley Cyrus... Not so much! I don't mind nudity, but she still has children watching and listening to her music. And the twerking... C'mon, who called that a dance?!

2. Justin Bieber just repeats a little too much in some of his songs, like "Baby". Yuck. And now he has that attitude of his to boot. "Rebellious" is an understatement. I don't even think he's been arrested yet. He probably wouldn't change for the better if he was, anyway. At least not until he's broke and homeless.

3. Nikki Minaj, in my opinion, just cannot dance. She might rap quite a bit, but I don't even understand her most of the time. In the song, "Stupid Hoe", that was just too weird. If she wants to be colorful, let her be a model. She does have the look. But she doesn't have the singing talent, to me.

"Songs" that goes "yeah... oh, yeah... uh-huh... yeah yeah" aren't good for me, either.

Welcome to DP Deimos! :2wave:
I see where you're coming from, but music is music. Why beat up on musicians when you can just ignore them?

I see where you're coming from, but music is music. Why beat up on musicians when you can just ignore them?

I usually do. It's when they are splashed over the news or younger people are playing their music around me that I can't usually help it. Then again, I could always turn off my cochlear implant.

I usually do. It's when they are splashed over the news or younger people are playing their music around me that I can't usually help it. Then again, I could always turn off my cochlear implant.

They're certainly not good role models. Can you really?

They're certainly not good role models. Can you really?

At times, I could. But other times, I have to keep my implant on in case someone needed my attention.

I agree that they aren't great role models. I do admit that I know there are worse, which is a shame.

At times, I could. But other times, I have to keep my implant on in case someone needed my attention.

I agree that they aren't great role models. I do admit that I know there are worse, which is a shame.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm a little jealous. There are times I wish I could shut the world out and enjoy some peace and quiet. Especially when Biebers song "Baby" is being played. :lol: Worse than Miley Cyrus?? No way.

Back
Top Bottom