• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this literally possible?

ZGM

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ben Bernanke said the recession was over since June of 2-0-9, but Obama said people are still hurting despite this! Does this mean that we've been trapped in an anti-Obama illusion that made us so pissed at his apparent "incompetence" as President of the United States?

Ben Bernanke said the recession was over since June of 2-0-9, but Obama said people are still hurting despite this! Does this mean that we've been trapped in an anti-Obama illusion that made us so pissed at his apparent "incompetence" as President of the United States?

mission accomplished

What does this thread have to do with the Constitution?

Being out of a recession doesn't equal a booming economy. Other than that I have no idea what point you're trying to make, but I'll take a stab at it...

Obama doesn't know how to use Jedi mind tricks.

Being out of a recession doesn't equal a booming economy. Other than that I have no idea what point you're trying to make, but I'll take a stab at it...

Obama doesn't know how to use Jedi mind tricks.

Obots dont require the Jedi mindtricks...they swallow anything he gives them and beg for more.

IF the recession ended in June 2009 that means the Bush policies worked to end the recession and the democrat policies have since then continued to hinder economic growth.

I dont think the Bush policies worked. I think they are gaming the hell out of statistics to try to put a positive spin on things before the election.

I'm pretty sure the current recession didn't start until well after the year 209 AD, so I'm unsure how it could have ended before it started.

Ben Bernanke said the recession was over since June of 2-0-9, but Obama said people are still hurting despite this!

Obama still has a lot to learn about defensive politics. Admitting people are still hurting turned good news into bad news, and gave right wingers an opening for more gotchas.

ricksfolly

Being out of a recession doesn't equal a booming economy.

There never was and never will be a booming economy, at best, all we can expect is 4 -5 percent unemployment. There'll always be be foreclosures, business and bank failures, rising health costs, and rampant poverty.

ricksfolly

No, it just means that growing economies do not necessarily lead to more jobs. Jobless recovery is a term that's been around for ages. Furthermore, a president doesn't have that much control over the economy. Bernanke has expotentially more control.

Moderator's Warning:
Moved to Economics.

The banks and wallstreet are recovering, and that seems to be all anyone cares about.

Actually, it was the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) that deemed the recession over as of June '09. While Benanke may have repeated it, the NBER is the arbiter of starting and ending dates for business cycles. This function was removed from the BEA a number of years ago, in an attempt to make this determination independent of government.

Back
Top Bottom