• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is This Just Rhetoric Or Does Trump Have A Plan? What Do You Think?

Just Rhetoric Or Does Trump Have A Plan?

• Total voters

Myview

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
On Monday morning Trump again attacked the media using standard Trump language:

"Crazed Lunatics that have given up on the TRUTH"
"Enemy of the People"
"We must bring honesty back to journalists and reporting"
"They write deliberatly false stories to make me and my administration look bad"

As a candidate Trump advocated changing libel laws so that politicians can sue news organizations and reporters.

He stated this morning as he has several times "We must bring honesty back to journalism and reporting'

Is Trump ramping up attacks on media to discredit them as we get closer to the 2020 elections?

Could he really have a plan to hobble news reporting and have more control over the press? How would he do this with divided government.

Could not create the poll. Didn't do it within 5 minutes of creating the thread. O well

Last edited:

"Enemy of the People"
"They write deliberatly false stories to make me and my administration look bad"

As a candidate Trump advocated changing libel laws so that politicians can sue news organizations and reporters.

He stated this morning as he has several times "We must bring honesty back to journalism and reporting'

Is Trump ramping up attacks on media to discredit them as we get closer to the 2020 elections?

Could he really have a plan to hobble news reporting and have more control over the press? How would he do this with divided government.

I think he just picked up on the anger those on the right have towards most of the MSM and ran with it. It is less of a plan and more of red meat to his base.

"Enemy of the People"

Could not create the poll. Didn't do it within 5 minutes of creating the poll. O well

I think that you are giving Trump too much credit.

"Enemy of the People"

Could not create the poll. Didn't do it within 5 minutes of creating the thread. O well

Don't worry, he's not going to hobble fake news. He's trolling them.

"Enemy of the People"

Yes. We must go back to honesty and truth- and going back to talking about and investigating Obama’s secret Kenyan birth certificate for another six years straight! :lamo

Maybe while we’re at it we can also talk a little bit more about how Trump U is better than Harvard! :lamo

"Enemy of the People"

Lesley Stahl pre-interview with Donald Trump for a "60 Minutes" segment. “I said, ‘You know, this is getting tired. Why are you doing it over and over? It’s boring and it’s time to end that. You know, you’ve won ... why do you keep hammering at this?’” Stahl recalled. “And he said: ‘You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so that when you write negative stories about me no one will believe you.’”
President Trump told Lesley Stahl he bashes press ‘to demean you and discredit you so ... no one will believe’ negative stories about him

Don't worry, he's not going to hobble fake news. He's trolling them.

I see, he hammers at all news reporting, especially the MSM that most of the country watches every evening or all day long on the internet so that they won't believe even true stories. Preaching to your choir may get out your base vote but the constant hammering at it also gives a reason for the other base vote to come out. We recognize that there is bias and news has become news entertainment. Hard news reporting isn't done much any more. Bias doesn't mean that the reporting or the news entertainment isn't true.

"Enemy of the People"

Rhetoric, syphilitic circling the drain rhetoric, crazy town. I'm not joking.

"Enemy of the People"

Trump uses this to mask the fact that most of his ideas and tactics are not working with the general public and creates what we Dutch all the Calimero effect.

1888795_1.jpg

He is famous because he always complained that he is small and other's are big and that it is not fair/an injustice.

And that is the Trump motto, I am right, they are wrong and they lie about it, it is not fair, it is an injustice.

And if he repeats that nonsense often enough, people will believe it in the end, at least the Trump voters who believe Trump is a raving success if the media would just honestly report it. This is all done to win the next election by making Trump voters as "deaf" to critical journalists as is humanly possible.

Trump has no real plan other than to attack the news media to attempt to delegitimize them in the eyes of his adoring Trumpkins when they report harmful news stories about him, his criminal operations and his administration.

Trump uses this to mask the fact that most of his ideas and tactics are not working with the general public and creates what we Dutch all the Calimero effect.

View attachment 67247511

He is famous because he always complained that he is small and other's are big and that it is not fair/an injustice.

And that is the Trump motto, I am right, they are wrong and they lie about it, it is not fair, it is an injustice.

And if he repeats that nonsense often enough, people will believe it in the end, at least the Trump voters who believe Trump is a raving success if the media would just honestly report it. This is all done to win the next election by making Trump voters as "deaf" to critical journalists as is humanly possible.

Drug addicts use this kind of logic to rationalize their addiction all the time.

Is This Just Rhetoric Or Does Trump Have A Plan? What Do You Think?

I have my doubts about whether Trump can spell "plan," and I'm sure he hasn't got one.

You mean Trump voters are like addicts? Or what do you want to convey with your comment?

Hardcore Trump supporters behave a lot like drug addicts.
Extreme fundamentalists (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) also act like drug addicts.

"Enemy of the People"

But things liberals say about him don’t matter? And now it looks like the new thing from MSM is to attack Trump supporters also, hypocrisy again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only plan Trump has is to talk to Miller, Limbaugh, Hannity, Meadows, Erdogan, and Putin and ask them what he should do next.

WOW....WOW... Trump is effective. He lives in your liberal heads. I'd say his plan is working.

But things liberals say about him don’t matter? And now it looks like the new thing from MSM is to attack Trump supporters also, hypocrisy again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course things Liberals say about him matter. Conservative are said to place more importance on Loyalty than Liberals. Perhaps the MSM is now criticizing Conservatives for Loyalty to Trump. Will there ever be a point where Conservatives say we need a new Conservative leader? Loyalty is admirable but it has its limits.

Yes. We must go back to honesty and truth- and going back to talking about and investigating Obama’s secret Kenyan birth certificate for another six years straight! :lamo

Maybe while we’re at it we can also talk a little bit more about how Trump U is better than Harvard! :lamo

Trumps talks about real issues confronting the country while his detractors zero in on the things like you are ranting about.
Obama's birth certificate, Trump U, Two scoops of Ice Cream only offering one to his guests and the ice cream has to be vanila.
dog whistles OF COURSE & Kavanaugh a rapist that one takes the cake.

Hears the deal instead of the silliness try whipping the dialogue around matters of great consequence to the country like unemployment &
immigration for starters & you'll find Trump is ahead of the curve!

Of course things Liberals say about him matter. Conservative are said to place more importance on Loyalty than Liberals. Perhaps the MSM is now criticizing Conservatives for Loyalty to Trump. Will there ever be a point where Conservatives say we need a new Conservative leader? Loyalty is admirable but it has its limits.

I really appreciate your real debate, and that being said, Trump is the first conservative representative that us right wingers have ever had that will actually stand up against liberals. Our guys usually just go cower in the corner and let Democrat’s have their way, So yes we are VERY loyal to someone that is on our side for change. Aren’t you loyal to your side?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really appreciate your real debate, and that being said, Trump is the first conservative representative that us right wingers have ever had that will actually stand up against liberals. Our guys usually just go cower in the corner and let Democrat’s have their way, So yes we are VERY loyal to someone that is on our side for change. Aren’t you loyal to your side?

No, the ethos of Liberals generally does not give Loyalty as much importance as Conservatives. We value loyalty just not to the degree that Conservatives do. The ethos of Liberals is generally equality, fairness, care, and protection from harm. The ethos of Conservatives is generally Loyalty, patriotism, respect for authority, and moral purism. That does not mean we don't all possess
some of all these qualities its a matter of the degree and importance we place on them. I suppose if we had a candidate who was elected and governed on the same platform he/she campaigned on I would be loyal. That seldom happens.

"Enemy of the People"

Never underestimate Trump's ability to manipulate the MSM. How do you think he became President? The MSM does skew the news, but not for or against Trump. He makes his own good and bad news and it all gets printed. As a narcissistic individual he can't take responsibility for creating his own bad news so he blames the MSM. He's trying to slip and slide to change perception on the Wall and it's not going to work. This is one turd he's going to have to swallow. Reality Bites, eh?
/

Never underestimate Trump's ability to manipulate the MSM. How do you think he became President? The MSM does skew the news, but not for or against Trump. He makes his own good and bad news and it all gets printed. As a narcissistic individual he can't take responsibility for creating his own bad news so he blames the MSM. He's trying to slip and slide to change perception on the Wall and it's not going to work. This is one turd he's going to have to swallow. Reality Bites, eh?
/

He became President by running against a terribly flawed Democrat who still managed to win the popular vote by 3 million votes. You give Trump too much credit. He followed the advice of a handful of far right political operatives. He was as shocked as anyone that it worked. It won't work twice.

Back
Top Bottom