• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

is this even legal?

Yes it is legal.

Names have always been on public record. This way they are more accesible to the public eye.

The site says at the top: "ALL PERSONS ARE CONSIDERED INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW"

The above statment was not there until recently. It does however give you the idea and feeling that these folks are indeed guilty.

A radio host said the other day that only 15% of arrests actually go on to be convicted - those numbers are not good and prove to be a waste.

I say - Let folks do whatever they want with thier own body. If folks are stupid enough to pay for it... let them. Put more emphasis on the war on terror than these dumbarses. Arresting folks for prostitution is a waste of tax payers money.

Unless the USA does something along the lines of Holland, with regards to healthcare and mandatory testing for prostitutes, I find myself disagreeing with you. Prostituation can be a public health concern if not handled properly.

Attachments

• 1777.jpg
    1777.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Zack2.jpg
    Zack2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Zack.jpg
    Zack.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Crow Irish Fest 2 2010.jpg
    Crow Irish Fest 2 2010.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Crowd Irish Fest 2010.jpg
    Crowd Irish Fest 2010.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 38
  • OMalleys Pub 2010.jpg
    OMalleys Pub 2010.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Drayton.jpg
    Drayton.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Madison.jpg
    Madison.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 46
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352749425224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352749425224.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 37
  • user9200_pic1322_1262188150.jpg
    user9200_pic1322_1262188150.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 184264_Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-(...).jpg
    184264_Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-(...).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362024347826.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362024347826.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361996179082.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361996179082.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 38
vauge said:
I say - Let folks do whatever they want with thier own body.

OK... I know I'm going to regret getting in to this, but...

IF you could guarantee that it would just stay between the two of them (and you can't) then I would agree with this statement. Unfortunately, many of these guys (and gals) take their STD's home to people who don't want to sleep with prostitutes and give it to them.

While I also agree that not everyone of the people pictured go on to be convicted, I'm betting they were doing something they shouldn't have anyway and a little (okay...okay... a LOT of ) peer pressure is probably fair and reasonable punishment.

KD5DBL said:
IF you could guarantee that it would just stay between the two of them (and you can't) then I would agree with this statement. Unfortunately, many of these guys (and gals) take their STD's home to people who don't want to sleep with prostitutes and give it to them.

By that logic, bars* should be shutdown. Sometimes guys (or gals) go to bars* and wind up where they are not supposed to. This could lead to bringing home STD's as well.

*or any other establishment that could promote sex. Stripclubs, adult video stores, brothels, etc...

Attachments

• 1403.gif
    1403.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 2
vauge said:
By that logic, bars* should be shutdown. Sometimes guys (or gals) go to bars* and wind up where they are not supposed to. This could lead to bringing home STD's as well.

*or any other establishment that could promote sex. Stripclubs, adult video stores, brothels, etc...

OK... first off... how did you make the mental leap from the legality of showing "Johns" on websites to shutting down bars??? You said that people should be able to do whatever they wanted with their own bodies, and while I agree with that statement, prostitution is a case where that just doesn't work a lot of the time. It more often affects those around them in destructive ways.

By the same token with your example, if your drinking has gotten to the point where you get drunk and go home and beat your spouse, kill someone driving home, wind up in a public hospital where my tax dollars will vainly attempt to detox you (many cases of not keeping it to yourself), then NO, you shouldn't be going out and drinking.

The point you missed is Personal Responsibility. I feel that prosititution is one of those things that you really can't keep to yourself. I would argue heaving drinking is the same way, but that's for another post.

It's like I told you the other day at lunch... smoke all you want, just don't exhale!

By the same token with your example, if your drinking has gotten to the point where you get drunk and go home and beat your spouse, kill someone driving home, wind up in a public hospital where my tax dollars will vainly attempt to detox you (many cases of not keeping it to yourself), then NO, you shouldn't be going out and drinking.

Drinking is another topic. I said nothing about it. Bars is one of the places to go get "some".

You do not have to be drunk to do the deed. Well, I guess it depeneds on the partner you choose. LOL

You do not have to be a prositute to have STD's either.

The point you missed is Personal Responsibility.

The is the very point I am advocating. Are you trying to say that personal responsibility ENDS when someone sells their body or has sex for money?

Attachments

• lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg
    lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 90
vauge said:
Are you trying to say that personal responsibility ENDS when someone sells their body or has sex for money?

Well... technically, personal responsibility never ends. I think what this debate is actually addressing is, what to do when someome stops taking personal responsibility, and to a lesser extent, where that line is.

I believe that these guys stopped accepting personal responsibility when they chose to either have sex with (or tried to anyway) with a high risk group. (i.e. this is where I draw the line)

The other point I was making is that I see no problem heaping the responsibility back on to a person who, for whatever reason, stops taking responsibility for their actions. In this case, the public shame of having their name/picture on a website not only potentially notified others that they may now be "high risk", but it also keeps these people from quietly paying a fine and continuing their activities.

Our views on the website in question are more similar than not.

I agree with this webpage that shows who has been arrested. I am concerned cause it presents the idea that these folks are guilty until proven innocent. Maybe it will help, but I very much dought it. This page will be forgotten about shortly.

Your view on prositution and ending self responsibility I disagree with.

vauge said:
Your view on prositution and ending self responsibility I disagree with.

Dude... are you smoking crack??

If you care to read my posts, I'm very clearly saying that self responsibility never ends... NEVER NEVER NEVER!

I'm not sure how I can be more clear... maybe I do need to draw you some pictures... :?

I believe that these guys stopped accepting personal responsibility when they chose to either have sex with (or tried to anyway) with a high risk group. (i.e. this is where I draw the line)

Please rewrite or explain the bold in the above quote. If you need some crayons, we will be happy to provide. :)

Let me answer you with a couple of questions (and shamelessly increase my post count)....

Do you feel that it is a responsible act to have sex with (possibly multiple) high risk sex partners? Is it responsible to then conceal the fact that you are a high risk sexual partner?

Please answer, then maybe I can understand your confusion.

And just to head off any more confusion...

re·spon·si·ble adjective -
1. Involving personal accountability or ability to act without guidance or superior authority
2. Able to make moral or rational decisions on one's own and therefore answerable for one's behavior.

ok, I will play along.

Do you feel that it is a responsible act to have sex with (possibly multiple) high risk sex partners?

Not very responsible, unless you take precautions. Condoms?

Is it responsible to then conceal the fact that you are a high risk sexual partner?

You are not being responsible if you conceal this fact.

------------
ok now to my questions.

Does the person PAYING for the act have responsibility to self?

Does the person DOING the act have responsibility to self?

Does everyone (regardless of profession, sex, gender, situation) have responsibility to tell thier partner if they are high risk?

If all the above are yes, how does prostitution differ from casual sex in the area of responsibility?

Attachments

• 1577.jpg
    1577.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 1576.jpg
    1576.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 83
OK.. I think I'm begining to understand where our differences are...

I thought you were arguing "responsibility" and in fact you were arguing the "punishment" in this case.

To be fair, the answer is "YES" to your three questions. As for the last one, I personally equate them to be virtually the same. Both are (in my very un-humble opinion) very irresponsible acts. I could make the arguement that the prostitue would be an even higher risk than someone engaging in casual sex, but that's for another post.

Now, to the point at hand... the main difference between engaging in concensual casual sex (with many partners) and hiring a prostitue is that one is legal and the other isn't. We can take the arguement if they should be to another thread.

The short fact is that hiring a prostitue (engaging in sex acts for money) is not legal (in most places). Law enforcement has a duty to attempt to enforce those laws and punish (or more rightly, rehabilitate) those that violate them.

Could you argue this method is unusual? Sure. Could you say this violates their rights? Sure, but I don't personally don't think so in this case. In either case, that's why we have courts that interpret the law.

I think it would be a better implementation of this scheme would be to also have the photos of the prostitutes up there.

Are we on the same page yet?

We definatly differ as to "if" prostitution should be legal/illegal and "if" rights are violated. The fact of the matter is that is very much illegal and their rights are stomped on.

Agreed, we could start another thread to pursue discussion of prostiution and casual sex if we want to continue.

I was under the assumption that the prostitutes were indeed on the web page. If not, I agree they should be as well as the offenders.

Attachments

• CIMG2018.jpg
    CIMG2018.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 52
vauge said:
We definatly differ as to "if" prostitution should be legal/illegal and "if" rights are violated.

Agreed.

vauge said:
The fact of the matter is that is very much illegal and their rights are stomped on.

This (finally) is where we disagree. As I said earlier, I feel that this is up to the courts to decide (i.e. interpret law).

I know that in the state of Texas prostituion is against the law. So knowing that I say that the police have every right to post the pictures. I think it needs to be clear that these folks have not been convicted of any crime at this point and I think the hookers should be posted on the web site also. that way when crusing down Harry Hines I know which ones to ask How much?

Back
Top Bottom