• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is this country blind stupid?

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Yup, why should me and my neighbors have to pay for people to keep a roof over their family and food on their table when the two adults are both working 40 hours and need food stamps and other support to survive. So business can make more money, why is it my responsibility to have to pay for their golden profits.$15 an hour is a start but it always has to be enough to feed a family no matter what the wage level is. Who in the hell saves money at wall-mart if they have to pay for one of their workers to survive. That what the right want for this country , it's just another way to hand everything they can to the wealthy and big B. It's some more of that trickle down nonsense.

Yup, why should me and my neighbors have to pay for people to keep a roof over their family and food on their table when the two adults are both working 40 hours and need food stamps and other support to survive. So business can make more money, why is it my responsibility to have to pay for their golden profits.$15 an hour is a start but it always has to be enough to feed a family no matter what the wage level is. Who in the hell saves money at wall-mart if they have to pay for one of their workers to survive. That what the right want for this country , it's just another way to hand everything they can to the wealthy and big B. It's some more of that trickle down nonsense.

You shouldn’t, which is why food stamps should be pared back and all federal spending ended

Besides if these workers were not working at WalMart they’d work somewhere else for the same wage or not be working at all and thus presumably on public assistance

When both the University has failed and journalism has failed....ya....we are blind and stupid.

um....Stupid and Blind.

:2wave:

When both the University has failed and journalism has failed....ya....we are blind and stupid.

um....Stupid and Blind.

Journalism and the University are to blame for the things he said about the minimum wage?

:thinking

What?

What?

Only Just Realized!!!!!!!!!This has been going on for 200 years....For a Western World Wages US$15 per hour is TIHS Money...steve

The guy that can't speak English is calling others "blind stupid," whatever that means.

Why should bagging groceries be a career that pays enough to support a family of 4?

Why should bagging groceries be a career that pays enough to support a family of 4?

And what couple in their right mind would decide it was a good time to have children when they are both making minimum wage?

And what couple in their right mind would decide it was a good time to have children when they are both making minimum wage?

Well, you see...oh, wait. You said, "in their right mind." Nevermind.

Typical progressive hypoctite bitching.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I know right? Thank God that no-one ever gets laid off from their better job, no-one ever becomes accidentally pregnant, no-one ever finds themselves in a failed relationship, no-one is physically or mentally disadvantaged in finding better work... Let 'em starve, I say!

I know right? Thank God that no-one ever gets laid off from their better job, no-one ever becomes accidentally pregnant, no-one ever finds themselves in a failed relationship, no-one is physically or mentally disadvantaged in finding better work... Let 'em starve, I say!

Well, what a cruel thing to say... but I know, you are only joking.

But what say we put them up in your house, you voluntarily give them a part of your income, your food, share it all, brother. I mean if you really really really super duper care n all.

Yano?

~ Illegal alien "immigrants" that the US has been allowing into the country for the past 40 years, that's who.

P.S. I hear something about a merit system of immigration to replace the ridiculous system we now have ...

You shouldn’t, which is why food stamps should be pared back and all federal spending ended

Besides if these workers were not working at WalMart they’d work somewhere else for the same wage or not be working at all and thus presumably on public assistance
Your logic is missing it's main ingredient, logic.

Land of the insane where the number of kids people should have is dictated by how much they make. No family's allowed set by a national wage standard. I'm talking about a family of four , they need enough to survive without me paying for their food and housing . Why should anyone other then who they work for pay them. This gets rid of a massive amount of money that tax payers pay to house and feed these people , that is straight out stupid . The business should. I'm not suggesting a wage needed for 20 children.

Typical progressive hypoctite bitching.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
So we will continue to do it your way and feed and house these people with sub livable wages out of our pockets instead.. Why the **** should I or why do you want to. The rights answer is just let them starve , as seen below. Just the increase in crime that would cause would be enough not to do something as stupid as that.

Well, what a cruel thing to say... but I know, you are only joking.

But what say we put them up in your house, you voluntarily give them a part of your income, your food, share it all, brother. I mean if you really really really super duper care n all.

Yano?
Get a brain we do give them what you say. Your individual can and should do it , is just unworkable and just a weak mans answer.

~ Illegal alien "immigrants" that the US has been allowing into the country for the past 40 years, that's who.

P.S. I hear something about a merit system of immigration to replace the ridiculous system we now have ...
Immigrants have nothing to do with anything , Your looking for a place to hide from the truth.

Now after reading this thread so far , do you know now why I call conservatives the hate party.

Get a brain we do give them what you say. Your individual can and should do it , is just unworkable and just a weak mans answer.
Got one thanks, and use it... I might suggest similar to ya, yano?

And guess a weak man's answer is at least a tid bit better than expecting it be done by jack boot, eh?

Stupid, and or greedy assholes with no empathy. They have theirs, so the hell with everybody else. The same people who whine about welfare and other benefits they like to call "entitlements" are the same people who support breaking up unions, and fights against min wage increases. They are just sheep to Fox news, brainwashed to allow the rich to get away with the robbery of this country

Got one thanks, and use it... I might suggest similar to ya, yano?

And guess a weak man's answer is at least a tid bit better than expecting it be done by jack boot, eh?
This from the jackboot party. What nonsense, Your kill them all or let them starve routine is just stupid ,first it would cause way more problems that what would be a achieved . My suggestion is in no way a Nazi Wannabee suggestion but your response is. But that's who you people are.

Land of the insane where the number of kids people should have is dictated by how much they make. No family's allowed set by a national wage standard. I'm talking about a family of four , they need enough to survive without me paying for their food and housing . Why should anyone other then who they work for pay them. This gets rid of a massive amount of money that tax payers pay to house and feed these people , that is straight out stupid . The business should. I'm not suggesting a wage needed for 20 children.
Everyone pays for people not making enough to take care of their families, whether it's from welfare or higher prices at the businesses you hate so much. At some point, the attitude in thos country needs to shift back to "I'm going to do whatever I have to for my family" from the seeming current one of "What are you going to give me?". Our current path is not sustainable long term.

The burden should fall on the adults to improve their situations, not on everyone else to carry those who are unwilling to do more. I'm not talking about people who get laid off, injured, etc. I think we should help those folks get back on their feet. I'm talking about those who are able, but unwilling to do what needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom